Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2022, 09:08 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
MAGA really stands for “Make America Go Away.” The Trump campaign sold a lot of people a bill of goods.
In this thread, I think its safe to also state MAGA = My Accountants Getting Attorneys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 09:20 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Gotta love the slapping on the backs of the anti-trumpers....by each other....

Nothing in 6 years, and now the company that does his finances says it's all wrong, in 10 years, all wrong...and it's all trumps fault....

My goodness the left maybe, sorte, kinda, hopefully with my feelings...we'll get him now....

Old 02-18-2022, 09:27 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
As I post this there are 7 threads on the front page that are associated with trump...

So, yea...pathetic....for the anti-trumpers....

Old 02-18-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
His accountants said can't rely on 10 years of financial statements how do you think he is going to get loans to cover his cash flow when his own accountants saying those statements are false. His credit ratings are going to drop to F rating. This also allows any banks that loaned him money based on those statements to call the notes because the loans were obtained under false statements. This is much worse then anything ever happened to him before.
What I really find interesting is that banks were lending that amount of money using “compilation” reports and not “audited” financial statements. That should have triggered an OCC (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency) alert in the very lobby of the bank!

Old 02-18-2022, 10:15 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
What I really find interesting is that banks were lending that amount of money using “compilation” reports and not “audited” financial statements. That should have triggered an OCC (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency) alert in the very lobby of the bank!
I'd bet dollars to doughnut holes those loans have clauses that let the bank call in the loan if the paperwork used to get them is found to be fraudulent.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:18 AM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
In other words, you have no argument, legal or otherwise, except for your feelings.

No further questions at this time, your honor.
It is not an honest debate when one side asks for proof, quite a few times actually, and all they get is deflection, gaslighting and personal attacks in return...even ridiculed for asking for proof.

But we get that y'all have no proof and you're just running on feelz...it's somewhat pathetic while being entertaining at the same time.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:36 AM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Gotta love the slapping on the backs of the anti-trumpers....by each other....

Nothing in 6 years, and now the company that does his finances says it's all wrong, in 10 years, all wrong...and it's all trumps fault....

My goodness the left maybe, sorte, kinda, hopefully with my feelings...we'll get him now....
Yep. But the gorilla in the room is that the firm did not say why they are doing it. For all anyone knows the firm was pressured, much like with Flynn, into doing it.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:39 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It is not an honest debate when one side asks for proof, quite a few times actually, and all they get is deflection, gaslighting and personal attacks in return...even ridiculed for asking for proof.

But we get that y'all have no proof and you're just running on feelz...it's somewhat pathetic while being entertaining at the same time.
I have asked repeatedly for you and others (with absolutely no coherent response) to tell me why, with Trump currently facing 19 investigations in two states and D.C. and news stories breaking every day with updates, you think none of the investigations have any merit and all of them are politically motivated, and it would be impossible for him to do any wrong. I have never attacked you personally that I am aware of, and if I did, I apologize. That isn't the way I do business.

That's not defending him, that's cult worship.

It's almost like you are afraid to commit to any position at all, and believe what you believe because you believe it and to admit there are any cracks in it would make you have to rethink the entire proposition. It's going to be rough on you guys when the first indictments fall, because you'll have to invent a new excuse.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yep. But the gorilla in the room is that the firm did not say why they are doing it. For all anyone knows the firm was pressured, much like with Flynn, into doing it.
It's all in the Mazars letter, for God's sake. And additionally mentioned in the Judge's written statement, yesterday, regarding his decision to order testimony and the documents from Trump Org and the Trump trio of Individual #1, Individual #1 Junior and the Princess.

Folks tethered to facts and rooted in reality have read all about it from legitimate news sources, and the actual documents ( the accounting firm's letter and the judge's written ruling) the journalists provided, and so could you, if you wanted to.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:51 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Since when is being a billionaire a qualification for anything? If that’s all it takes, George Soros or Kim Kardashian or Oprah Winfrey should run.

There are a lot of people who are not in the least jealous of his money. You don’t seem to be one of them as often as you mention “Trump” and “billionaire” in the same post.
Lol. Who said it was a qualification to run?

Nah, just mentioning his successes when folks try to downplay it

You still haven’t provided the proof you said you had to “get him”?

Quote:
In other words, you have no argument, legal or otherwise, except for your feelings.

No further questions at this time, your honor.
If there was proof you’d “get him”.
Quote:
Nobody is jealous of Trump. What proof do you have that he is solvent enough to service his debts for the next year. Please be specific.
Sure you are. It’s why you try to downplay his successes.

What proof do you have that he doesn’t?

Last edited by erieguy; 02-18-2022 at 11:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies