Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2022, 08:20 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's a damn shame that it has to put Kindergarten easy for some to understand, yet here we are.
Obsession is overwhelming and they can’t understand any other way. It’s been almost 5 years after all, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 08:20 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
You yourself got upset about wasted time and taxpayers money just to “get him.” How many Benghazi hearings, to your mind, were appropriate? Perhaps after the first 3 it might have been obvious they just wanted to “get her?” Like what you think others are doing to Trump?

Somewhat hypocritical to claim all that time and money is a waste on Trump but wasn’t on Hillary.
It'd be nice to know how many Americans died on tax payers money investigating trump vs. hillary...do we need to go any further? If so, bring it.

Old 02-19-2022, 05:49 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If everything was legitimate, why would they be subject to being pressured into anything? My guess is that Tish James met with Mazars and showed them what she had, and asked them to explain it. They immediately knew the *** was up and voluntarily cooperated with her starting immediately, and sent Trump a Dear John letter.

That's not being pressured. They had a choice of what their course of action would be and chose to remain in business rather than follow Trump down.

Yep, companies want to survive. People want to keep their jobs. Not many businesses or individuals want to pay whopping fines or risk jail time. Not for Trump. Not anymore. A collective decision is being made that in many ways, including on the balance sheets, the disgraced and defeated former POTUS is simply not worth it.

He may finally be running out of enablers, blind groupies, pliable bureaucrats, and general scapegoats. IMO, not a moment too soon.

Old 02-19-2022, 06:25 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Probably because Trump's records were subpoenaed from Mazars, and they are working with the New York investigations into the finances of the Trump Organization. If they knowingly certified false figures, they are in deep poop as well as Trump. The cheapest and quickest way out for them is to fully cooperate in exchange for leniency.
What is the criminal charge that is the basis for the NY investigations?

Old 02-19-2022, 06:33 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
I don't, I just wait here for updates and then laugh my arse off at those taking the red meat and running with it. What are my favorite media sources, are you spying on me? LOL....

And honestly, over the last 6 years, we've just been waiting for "something" to happen because you folks have been getting updates for 6 years that tell you we got him now, and when that does not pan out....it's on to the next whatever sticks on the wall. Someone called those that support trump pathetic, well you and all the trump TDS folks need to look in a mirror, a very large mirror.
Why ?

Old 02-19-2022, 08:12 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,361,186 times
Found in a comments section:

"Trump's accountants dumped him on Valentines Day. Well played."

Old 02-19-2022, 08:37 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
No I don't....But if you're willing, you can always prove me wrong.

I have, did you miss that?

Ashamed at what? Because I don't agree with you?

Your comprhension is not that good, is it?

So, you cannot comprehend.
Thanks for the confirmation.

No further questions at this time.

Old 02-19-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
That's roughly analogous to finding stolen art at the thief's home and being more concerned about the make and color of the getaway car...
His staff already said he packed the boxes himself. Here is the letter from the Chair of the Oversight committee to the head of NARA, and his reply:

https://www.yahoo.com/video/trump-re...053722130.html

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/de...go%20FINAL.pdf

https://www.archives.gov/files/foia/...02.18.2022.pdf

Last edited by cuebald; 02-19-2022 at 09:03 AM..

Old 02-19-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
To keep oneself from being caught in a perjury trap.
If the Trumps take the fifth across the board it might bankrupt them. This is a civil action. See "adverse inference" for details.

Old 02-19-2022, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I bet my opinion of you is nicer than yours of mine.
I doubt it. I have said before, there aren't many here that I wouldn't enjoy going to dinner with. I find you articulate and able to provide something besides schoolyard taunts in response to posts. On this board that is pretty impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies