Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2022, 07:53 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then nobody can help you, I've tried, even clearly stated it.

Oh well.....your posts are still amusing, thanks.
Let's recreate it here - this is the post I responded to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
That's roughly analogous to finding stolen art at the thief's home and being more concerned about the make and color of the getaway car...
"
The first sentence of my reply was "His staff already said he packed the boxes himself.", which you bolded.

The reply to my post was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
When I heard about the boxes, my first thought was...Who packed them ?
What, exactly, did I miss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 06:29 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Just as past is not prologue.

Most of us here have never died before, and can’t tell you when we’re going to. That has nothing to do with a certainty in our futures. We may survive childhood diseases, pneumonia, covid, and cancer, but that fact has nothing to do with the truck that is going to run over us one day when we are looking the other way while crossing the street. To deny that anything will ever “get us” is whistling past the graveyard.
Yup. Life is certainly ‘annoying’ at times however the alternative is undeniably worse imho.

Old 02-20-2022, 07:27 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,375,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
...I'm just letting you know, you have seemed to miss this first sentence in the quote you responded to.
You seem to have this scenario reversed.

RMESMH was responding to cuebald, not the other way around. The first sentence you bolded was cuebald's post. How could the poster "miss the first sentence" in his/her own post? Setting aside the fact that he/she definitely wasn't "responding" to themselves.

Old 02-20-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

RMESMH was responding to cuebald, not the other way around. The first sentence you bolded was cuebald's post. How could the poster "miss the first sentence" in his/her own post? Setting aside the fact that he/she definitely wasn't "responding" to themselves.

Now you've done it. Never let them know that they are incomprehensible. They'll follow you around and try to smother you in BS for the rest of the day.

Old 02-20-2022, 07:53 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
His staff already said he packed the boxes himself. Here is the letter from the Chair of the Oversight committee to the head of NARA, and his reply:

https://www.yahoo.com/video/trump-re...053722130.html

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/de...go%20FINAL.pdf

https://www.archives.gov/files/foia/...02.18.2022.pdf
As if Trump is going to pack 15 boxes or even load 15 boxes somewhere to be hauled. You could take a picture and I doubt anyone would believe it. Trump doing manual labor, lol.

And the unnamed staff would have no idea what was in the boxes. A chair is easy to identify. A box isn't.

More garbage to deflect from Joe the failure.

Old 02-20-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
As if Trump is going to pack 15 boxes or even load 15 boxes somewhere to be hauled. You could take a picture and I doubt anyone would believe it. Trump doing manual labor, lol.

And the unnamed staff would have no idea what was in the boxes. A chair is easy to identify. A box isn't.

Somebody packed those boxes. Somebody with access to classified documents. Who else would have fit that description who would have been interested in packing boxes for Trump to take to Florida?

Old 02-20-2022, 08:15 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

Yep, you are right. My apologies to all....

Old 02-20-2022, 08:16 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Now you've done it. Never let them know that they are incomprehensible. They'll follow you around and try to smother you in BS for the rest of the day.
Nah...me and hooligan have actually agreed on things before....

Old 02-20-2022, 08:55 AM

23,534 posts, read 12,509,523 times
Quote:
Somebody packed those boxes. Somebody with access to classified documents. Who else would have fit that description who would have been interested in packing boxes for Trump to take to Florida?
Idk, but apparently there are aides who may have the level of clearance to handle or carry classified documents. Hillary had her aides strip the classifications from the docs and email the docs to her. Since no one seemed to care that her aides were handling classified docs then that may be a normal way of doing things.

Old 02-20-2022, 08:59 AM

23,534 posts, read 12,509,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Wait, I thought they say that all he does is sit around and watch tv. Now they have him doing the heavy lifting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies