Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2022, 08:57 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
ah, forgetting whether the state has to prove guilt, or the accused innocence.

Are we surprised? Of course not.
Not forgetting in the least. The Trumps are being confronted with evidence and given a chance to explain the discrepancies before they get indicted, which would be drawn out, expensive, and messy.

We all know Trump is innocent, right? All he and the kids have to do to make their problems and Tish James go away is to be sworn in and tell the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 09:02 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
What is the criminal charge that is the basis for the NY investigations?
Tax, insurance, and banking fraud, on the civil side. Those and possibly some others such as money laundering on the criminal side.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:07 AM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I doubt it. I have said before, there aren't many here that I wouldn't enjoy going to dinner with. I find you articulate and able to provide something besides schoolyard taunts in response to posts. On this board that is pretty impressive.
Aww gee, I'm blushing now

Old 02-19-2022, 12:19 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why ?
Did you not read the rest of my post? It explains exactly why.

Old 02-19-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation.

No further questions at this time.
Conformation of what? I answered and you don't like my answers?

No, please bring the questions....evidently you don't like answer when you ask those that you don't like and they answer honestly...you say, no further questions. Why is that?

Old 02-19-2022, 12:42 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
If the Trumps take the fifth across the board it might bankrupt them. This is a civil action. See "adverse inference" for details.
How will taking the 5th might bankrupt them? How much money do they have? Please be specific.

Old 02-19-2022, 12:48 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

Yep, companies want to survive. People want to keep their jobs. Not many businesses or individuals want to pay whopping fines or risk jail time. Not for Trump. Not anymore. A collective decision is being made that in many ways, including on the balance sheets, the disgraced and defeated former POTUS is simply not worth it.

He may finally be running out of enablers, blind groupies, pliable bureaucrats, and general scapegoats. IMO, not a moment too soon.
Whopping fines and jail time don’t go out the window by walking away.

In your opinion because Trump is disgraced. Dems have been disgraced with an almost 5 year goosechase, there’s still zilch to “get him”, and he can run in 2024 if he chooses. Dems are scared to death of him and are doing everything possible to make that not happen..and contrary to your belief, feelings don’t equal proof and it’s innocent until proven guilty…but again, if there’s proof, please provide it.

Old 02-19-2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Why do you support Trump ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I like what he was doing for the country, did I like everything he did? Of course not, I've even called him a liar several times throughout the thousands and thousands of the dislike (hate) threads about him here on CD.

I also support him because frankly, the left has lost their mind over him and continues after he is no longer president....and the NY AG said the following: INCOMING NEW YORK A.G. VOWS TO MAKE TRUMP’S LIFE A LIVING HELL" how could anything brought up in court and be valid, when she said that?
I've answered. No response? I did not think so, you'd have to be honest.

Old 02-19-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Why ?

Quote:
Did you not read the rest of my post? It explains exactly why.
2nd time.....will you answer or just like normal just keep asking useless questions and when those useless questions are answered just ask another useless question?

Let us all see, shall we.

Old 02-19-2022, 02:47 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
I've answered. No response? I did not think so, you'd have to be honest.
I asked a question.

You answered the question.

Thanks for answering the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies