Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2022, 06:52 PM

35,074 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No.
The "military civilian administration" is a temporary arrangement/structure for the governing on Ukrainian territories, and they can be headed by the locals ( who are aware of all the danger that this position brings,) or people appointed from outside of the area.

While "quisling" means simply "a traitor who collaborates with an enemy force occupying their country."
Another relevant example was Pierre Laval of Vichy France. He was shot after the war.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:55 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
When your nation is at war, with martial law in effect, you do not get to assist the invading enemy without dire consequences.

You and your whole social network should expect to be “disrupted”.

I already explained that Ukrainian state was a terrorist state and operated as such BEFORE any war ( with journalists being killed, bloggers being threatened ( their children including,) with "mirotvorets" site, where the personal data of the people that the Nationalists considered to be the "enemy of Ukrainian state" was published and so on.

I posted about it all here on this thread earlier already.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:56 PM

3,226 posts, read 1,606,559 times
Lithuania has now stopped all Russian energy imports as of today. No oil, gas, or electricity.

https://enmin.lrv.lt/en/news/no-more...ia-from-sunday

“Not only it is an extremely important milestone for Lithuania in its journey towards energy independence, but it is also an expression of our solidarity with Ukraine. We must stop financing Russian war machine," says Dainius Kreivys, minister of energy of Lithuania.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Another relevant example was Pierre Laval of Vichy France. He was shot after the war.

How about his family members?

Children? Relatives?

Were they ever arrested too? Killed?

If not, this example is not all too relevant.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:19 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
While "quisling" means simply "a traitor who collaborates with an enemy force occupying their country."
If the goose-stepping jackboot fits...

Old 05-22-2022, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If the goose-stepping jackboot fits...

It does not.

However the "evacuation" in Azovstal was a good start.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:27 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's two hundred years of neutrality being abandoned because Russia has gone rogue-state. Freakin' Swiss banks are working to rein in Russia.
Yes, thanks for chiming in. I was going to add to my earlier post something about Sweden not giving up its neutrality easily, but you said it better than I could have.

Right; Swiss banks and their once-famed anonymity policy for depositors. I guess the Swiss have developed some "flexibility" in their famous neutrality, too...

Old 05-22-2022, 07:57 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
This type of video's seem to be showing that Russian economy slowly but surely is suffering and eventually might even collapse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsjDSLgOMMc&t=93s
Meanwhile American military planes are flying emergency supplies of baby formula in from Europe, because the American supply chain has been completely broken for over two years and nobody seems to have a solution for fixing it. Everytime I go into a store I see empty shelves. Yet you think the Russian economy is the one in trouble? Too bad Americans can't have stores as nice with shelves as well stocked, as what is shown in the video.

These videos just convince me that the sanctions are having absolutely no effect on Russia. These videos all focus on the closed IKEA stores. Yeah, yeah, yeah, foreign stores are closed, which is a boom for the Russian stores. So how is that going to hurt the Russian economy? By making them more independent?

Old 05-22-2022, 08:02 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
It's beyond me why you keep posting incorrect info, I told you to google first, but you wouldn't listen.
The key interest rate is not 20%, it's 14% currently. Still very high obviously.
Now, see what foolish things you say by not watching the video? Go back to (just like I told you) 9:00 in the video and listen as the economist describes raising the interest rate to 20% and the resultant Russian monetary policy as "quite smart".

PS: The chances of anyone listening to anything you say is zero, but keep trying. I'll give you a few more tries to come up with something intelligent or relevant.

Last edited by Listener2307; 05-22-2022 at 08:10 PM..

Old 05-22-2022, 08:13 PM

8,156 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Now, see what foolish things you say by not watching the video? Go back to (just like I told you) 9:00 in the video and listen as the economist describes raising the interest rate to 20% and the resultant Russian monetary policy as "quite smart".

PS: The chances of anyone listening to anything you say is zero, but keep trying. I'll give you a few more tries to come up with something intelligent or relevant.
The interest rate WAS 20% and then it was dropped to 14%. Bye now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies