Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 09:28 AM

17,426 posts, read 14,650,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Here's one....there are more subtle pro-Putin posts on here too.

Post #3479
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Williepaws
1,847 posts, read 696,300 times

Quote:
And how is that working out for him?

A reinvigorated NATO and EU

Germany pumping 100 Billion Euros into their military

A new world order

Putin's Russia a permanent pariah state

And a traditional rally around the flag bump in the polls for Biden

That's not a pro Putin post.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:28 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
Im not thinking you understand germany. germany cannot defend its borders, and it is counting on a couple nato countries being a physical buffer. I broke the story about their missile aid almost 2 weeks ago on c-d. And I broke the news about their future defense spending, should they alter the rules they have to alter in order to allow it. But as I also broke the realization, that they are now 100% on russia for survival and may indeed become a belarussian puppet state.

do a bit more research into germanys CURRENT non-military capabilities. report back.
Many things have changed since a couple of weeks ago. This is German Chancellor's speech on Sunday Feb. 27 which negates all of your points...Germany did a complete about face. Read posts thoroughly before responding.

Quote:
Scholz stunned his country, and much of the world, with a riveting speech last Sunday, announcing, “With the invasion of Ukraine, we are in a new era.” That weekend, he swept aside decades of German aversion to hard power to announce not only a huge hike in the country’s defense spending (with an immediate infusion of 100 billion euros) but also plans to provide Ukraine with 1,000 antitank missiles and 500 Stinger surface-to-air missiles, and to lift objections to booting Russia from the SWIFT banking network.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:30 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,540,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

it has the word putin in it...

Old 03-07-2022, 09:31 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Well it's definitely defending Putin. We can split hairs all day.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Well it's definitely defending Putin. We can split hairs all day.
No it's not.

It literally says that since NATO is doing nothing Putin is allowed to kill innocent people.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:38 AM

1,961 posts, read 701,048 times
Quote:
The key player in this equation is Germany. They have the largest economy in Europe and are capable of a powerful military. To me this is the biggest development since the Ukraine campaign began

From Jennifer Rubin at Washington Post...These are Scholz actual words

In the international game of chess, this changes everything if sustained. This is the last thing either Russia or China wanted to see. The EU and the US are China's largest markets. If they are splintered the more powerful China becomes, if they are unified it leaves China with a weaker hand. Russia is nothing more than irritating gnat...with nuclear weapons. The Ukraine invasion jolted the world and has put a spotlight on the need for International Alliances. It brought the world back to it's senses. It also undermined the rise of the paleoconservative/nativist and anti-democratic movements in the western world.
Ya, Germany can be a force to stop China / Putin in this game, but it seems that he likes oil and gas more. Anyway, I read the news that most of the weapons that Germany sent out were expired or damaged.
Anti-aircraft missiles Germany offered Ukraine don't work
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...ine-dont-work/

What a politico move

Old 03-07-2022, 09:41 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,540,181 times
Quote:
Many things have changed since a couple of weeks ago. This is German Chancellor's speech on Sunday Feb. 27 which negates all of your points...Germany did a complete about face. Read posts thoroughly before responding.

TAKE.YOUR.OWN.ADVICE.

No, his speech did not negate a single word I typed. In fact, his speech (and others) is the SOURCE.........

So, read posts thoroughly. Did you read mine? on the data you mentioned, over 300 pages ago, I detailed this, well, in detail.

I asked you to do research and report back. You are not going to report any facts that I already have not, so get used to this concept, as you study. Now, go do what you are told.

(the very least you can do is quote his speech, and line it up next to my posts, but you dont even have the courtesy to do that. I know I know "orange man bad" and all that....)

PS, long after Scholz took power, you are on the record as believing ole Ang was still in office. So Im concluding that you are oft behind the 8-ball which is why you are reporting as "breaking news" things 10 days old and covered 300 pages ago in THIS thread. I hafta ask, you understand...if I gave you a blank map of europe and asked you to place germany on it, could you? Want it you that said there was no way german aid could reach ukr cuz it was so far away?

Old 03-07-2022, 09:42 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
Default Russia Begins to Capitulate

Russia is cracking.

"LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - Russia has told Ukraine it is ready to halt military operations "in a moment" if Kyiv meets a list of conditions, the Kremlin spokesman said on Monday."

LINK

Gotta love those Rooskies.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
I wonder if it will change public sentiment on Ukraine, if they suddenly meet Russias demands?

Old 03-07-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:

And yet, Scholz just said "nah, we're still going to get our energy from Russia."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies