Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2022, 12:31 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
It's a fact this law was passed in Russia which bans the use of the word WAR. It's a fact that the Government of Russia has banned internet sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. None of this is propaganda you can continue to believe what you wish. Do you consider the world being round propaganda? Were the moon landings propaganda? Do you consider 9/11 propaganda. How about the 2020 election being a massive conspiracy to elect Joe Biden?

You're going off the deep end a little bit, don't you think?

And if you believe the only people who push out propaganda are the Russians - I don't know what to tell you. Except maybe to expand your world view just a bit.

Old 03-21-2022, 12:33 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,892,582 times
Quote:
It's a fact this law was passed in Russia which bans the use of the word WAR. It's a fact that the Government of Russia has banned internet sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. None of this is propaganda you can continue to believe what you wish. Do you consider the world being round propaganda? Were the moon landings propaganda? Do you consider 9/11 propaganda. How about the 2020 election being a massive conspiracy to elect Joe Biden?
Facebook sent a letter to it's moderators allowing hate speach against Russians. So, they aren't neutral actors here.... We all know tech giants are anything, but not pro-freedom of speech.

Old 03-21-2022, 12:37 PM

43,119 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Why are you just citing the MSM extreme wild conspiracy theories that hardly anyone believes ?

That's exactly why the MSM feeds you those wild stories that no one believes so then you think ALL conspiracies are "wild and unbelievable".

How's about some "real" conspiracies:

Did Epstein really commit suicide ?
Why did the FBI let "landscapers" clean up Epstein Island before they went there ?
What happened to the $3 billion that Hunter Biden was watching over while he worked in Ukraine ?

Hardly hear about those conspiracies on the MSM..eh ?

Old 03-21-2022, 12:37 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
There's propaganda on BOTH sides ... Ghost of Kviv comes immediately to mind. And most recently was the UK Times pushing the hysterical propaganda that the Russian cosmonauts yellow uniform was them supporting Ukraine.

Actually, the Ghost of Kyiv has been identified:

Old 03-21-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Facebook sent a letter to it's moderators allowing hate speach against Russians. So, they aren't neutral actors here.... We all know tech giants are anything, but not pro-freedom of speech.
We lost it during the pandemic. I believe media colluded with the government on that..an awful lot of people disappeared from the internet and not a word was said by our government on freedom of speech. In fact they applauded it..."misinformation" or "disinformation"...not "different point of view".

And we'll never get it back

Old 03-21-2022, 12:40 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Nah, the law only bans the usage of the word war to describe the "special military operations" in Ukraine.

And while I think such a law is a bit silly, a) I understand why they passed that law (Russia considers Ukraine a sibling, Russians mostly like Ukrainians, so they do not want to use the word war, which is reserved for enemies), and b) some European countries have also mulled or even introduced laws that make it illegal to, for instance, voice support for Russia's special military operations. So, the West with all its censorship and crazy hysteria is no better, anymore, unfortunately.

Old 03-21-2022, 12:44 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Wow, I just read this new article about a Ukrainian nationalist leader I had never heard of:

https://www.strategic-culture.org/ne...female-fuhrer/

She seems totally wacko, very similar to Hitler...

Interestingly, when I clicked on one of the links in the article, leading to her detailed biography, she herself admitted that 2014 was a coup:

Quote:
Although it was an overthrow rather than accomplished National Revolution, the spirit of the latter has been awoken, and the massive patriotic consolidation in our country, not mentioning ascension of the Ukrainian Right, surprises us even more than this miraculous victory.
https://www.illiberalism.org/olena-s...n-nationalism/

Old 03-21-2022, 12:53 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
What a coward
https://twitter.com/spriter99880/sta...847148549?s=21

Old 03-21-2022, 01:04 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,892,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Wow, I just read this new article about a Ukrainian nationalist leader I had never heard of:

https://www.strategic-culture.org/ne...female-fuhrer/

She seems totally wacko, very similar to Hitler...

Interestingly, when I clicked on one of the links in the article, leading to her detailed biography, she herself admitted that 2014 was a coup:

https://www.illiberalism.org/olena-s...n-nationalism/
Never heard of her. But I found it interesting that Ukrainian war hero, Nadia Savchenko, after being released from Russian prison and gaining national moral leader status for her unwavering resistance to any charges, became a 'traitor' in Ukraine within a year.

Old 03-21-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Never heard of her. But I found it interesting that Ukrainian war hero, Nadia Savchenko, after being released from Russian prison and gaining national moral leader status for her unwavering resistance to any charges, became a 'traitor' in Ukraine within a year.
Ukraine's government is NOT similar to the US and people need to start realizing that and maybe, just maybe read some history here. It's not akin to Dems vs Repubs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies