Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2022, 04:47 PM

10,000 posts, read 5,706,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Wow, I just read this new article about a Ukrainian nationalist leader I had never heard of . . .
I have no inclination to read an article that begins with the sentence "[i]f any positives are to emerge from this war, it is that all Europeans, must reject NATO and try to make plowshares instead of swords" before it ever even touches on the subject matter, as I doubt I'll have any interest in their take on said subject matter.

Old 03-21-2022, 05:00 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,900,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Hm, I had never heard of her, either. Those names are difficult for me to remember and tell apart.

So, what did she do? Was she not radical enough?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadiya_Savchenko

Old 03-21-2022, 05:03 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,618,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I have no inclination to read an article that begins with the sentence "[i]f any positives are to emerge from this war, it is that all Europeans, must reject NATO and try to make plowshares instead of swords" before it ever even touches on the subject matter, as I doubt I'll have any interest in their take on said subject matter.
Somebody has the fantasy that Europeans are going to dismantle NATO? LOLOLOLOL!

Old 03-21-2022, 05:03 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,351,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Thankfully Belarusian Saboteurs are making that difficult:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...latest-news-vn
This may be true. It was announced by the head of Ukrainian railways and retweeted by Franak Viačorka, senior advisor to the Belarusian opposition leader. But then he later tweeted an internal confirmation. (Duh, just noticed the updated article said that. Oh well.)

@franakviacorka
Mar 19
Replying to
@franakviacorka
We just received confirmation from Belarus railway workers. It's true. Unfortunately, no more details can be revealed. So far it is the largest anti-war diversion at railways.

About a week ago someone posted an interview with a former US serviceman who apparently was an expert on truck maintenance, explaining the problems with the tires on Russian trucks. It got highly technical but this guy also understood how the Russians design their logistical systems - which revolve around railways, with short-distance trucking from the railheads. So this is a major deal to the already faulty Russian supply lines in the north.

One of the first actions by the Ukrainians was to blow up the rail connections between Ukraine and Russia.

Old 03-21-2022, 05:30 PM

17,461 posts, read 14,697,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Agreed anyone backing Russia in this thread can't get past that fact.
Who is backing Russia in this thread? If you're going to say that, I'd like you to name names ...

Old 03-21-2022, 05:40 PM

43,209 posts, read 18,363,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Somebody has the fantasy that Europeans are going to dismantle NATO? LOLOLOLOL!
Zelensky himself said NATO is a failure and we need a new organization.
He put his proposal to our US Congress last week.

He's got it all planned out...U24, United 24
I guess all he needs is some more money.
An alliance of countries that would respond within 24 hours to protect each other.

https://u24.org
https://euagenda.eu/news/668405

Old 03-21-2022, 05:41 PM

13,313 posts, read 7,359,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckity View Post
who is backing russia in this thread? If you're going to say that, i'd like you to name names ...
Not surprised you replied

Old 03-21-2022, 05:45 PM

17,461 posts, read 14,697,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Not surprised you replied

So you can't name names?

Got it.

If you're insinuating that I support Putin, please copy and paste where I've said that ...

Old 03-21-2022, 06:06 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,736,603 times
March 21 Assessment

These guys are really really not that good.

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...sment-march-21

Quote:
Russian forces did not conduct any offensive operations northwest of Kyiv and further reinforced their defensive positions.

Russian forces did not conduct offensive operations in northeastern Ukraine and have been unable to solve logistics issues.

Russian forces continued to make slow but steady progress and shell civilian infrastructure in Mariupol.

Russian and proxy forces conducted several unsuccessful assaults in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts in the past 24 hours.

Russia continues to deploy low-quality reserves, including combat-support elements and low-readiness units from the Eastern Military District, to replace losses in frontline units.

The Ukranian General Staff warned that Russia seeks to conduct a provocation to bring Belarus into the war, but a Belarusian offensive into western Ukraine remains unlikely to occur or succeed if it did.

Old 03-21-2022, 06:20 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,618,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Zelensky himself said NATO is a failure and we need a new organization.
He put his proposal to our US Congress last week.

He's got it all planned out...U24, United 24
I guess all he needs is some more money.
An alliance of countries that would respond within 24 hours to protect each other.

https://u24.org
https://euagenda.eu/news/668405
Bah. You're twisting his words unless you can quote exactly where Zelenskyy uses the word "failure".
The only thing he called a failure per se, would be the UN because Russia can and does veto.
He does not call NATO a failure. He proposes other methods to get around the Russian insistance of Ukraine staying a non-NATO country.

Last edited by NoMansLands; 03-21-2022 at 06:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies