Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 01:55 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Do you feel that our Democratic leaders wanted this war? and if so, what do they gain from it?
They may not have wanted the war, but they supported the expansion of NATO and they sure as hell did not stop the U.S. from sending money (in billions of USD) and weaponry to the anti-Yanukovych Ukrainians starting in 2014. And however much some of them may publicly scoff at the claim that pushing Ukraine into joining NATO posed a serious and very clear and present national security concern for Russia, they know that this is true. They know that Russia feels threatened by the expansion of NATO.

And they did it anyway.

They knew that at some point Russia would take action.

Old 02-28-2022, 01:57 PM

10,872 posts, read 4,546,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post

Had you paid any real attention to the "long threads" I write here rather than assuming people use Facebook and Twitter as sources of information, you may have understood this before asking me that unnecessary question.
well i have been doing this a lot longer than you have. I know when I am starting to read manifestos, thats why I stop, quote you, refute you, and supply non-US sourced facts to back it up. I have done it many a times. Have you actually replied to show my statements wrong?

I keep asking THIS particular question over and over as you are requiring effort from others, you are not willing to give yourself. thats all, no hidden agenda.

Do you have a relative in donbass that forces this one track broken record? if so I am sorry. but fact remains, you are the only person outside the russian or belarussian armies that think this wholesale murder of women and children is justified.

now that the world is laser focused, if we can, to quote Mike Vickers "lets kill some russians!" and end this, effort can be made to right all wrongs. until then "deplorable": adj has a primary definition of what they russian army is doing.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:06 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
well i have been doing this a lot longer than you have. I know when I am starting to read manifestos, thats why I stop, quote you, refute you, and supply non-US sourced facts to back it up. I have done it many a times. Have you actually replied to show my statements wrong?

I keep asking THIS particular question over and over as you are requiring effort from others, you are not willing to give yourself. thats all, no hidden agenda.

Do you have a relative in donbass that forces this one track broken record? if so I am sorry. but fact remains, you are the only person outside the russian or belarussian armies that think this wholesale murder of women and children is justified.

now that the world is laser focused, if we can, to quote Mike Vickers "lets kill some russians!" and end this, effort can be made to right all wrongs. until then "deplorable": adj has a primary definition of what they russian army is doing.
Ok bye.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:14 PM

2,612 posts, read 930,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Do you feel that our Democratic leaders wanted this war? and if so, what do they gain from it?
Well, war is a great scenario for our "democratically elected leaders." If the US can just keep sending military hardware and other billable products and services, that is tons of bribery money for them. That is why the US has been at war with Afghanistant for so long, why they invaded Iraq and basically why the US military does all the evil stuff it does.

However, I doubt that they want the conflict to escalate so far that nuclear weapons are involved. So hopefully they have arranged it with Putin that it doesnt go that far.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:17 PM

10,872 posts, read 4,546,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Ok bye.

parting gifts:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-60560769

Old 02-28-2022, 02:21 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think Russia is trying to kill the Ukrainian president.
No one with any critical thinking skills would share this view. Putin kills anyone who is vocally against him. He has a history of doing so. That's just fact.

Zelensky has embarrassed him more than any of the prior opponents which he has killed. Putin claims Z is a Nazi. Of course he wants to kill him.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:23 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
No one with any critical thinking skills would share this view. Putin kills anyone who is vocally against him. He has a history of doing so. That's just fact.

Zelensky has embarrassed him more than any of the prior opponents which he has killed. Putin claims Z is a Nazi. Of course he wants to kill him.
I don't think so, that would only turn him into a kind of martyr. It would make much more sense to arrest him and let him rot in jail.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think so, that would only turn him into a kind of martyr. It would make much more sense to arrest him and let him rot in jail.
What does it mean that he would be turned into a martyr? If he were killed and became a martyr, what would be the negative result of that (from Putin's perspective)?

Old 02-28-2022, 02:26 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
When you arm your citizens.....

Is an armed civilian still a civilian casualty?

Old 02-28-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
When you arm your citizens.....

Is an armed civilian still a civilian casualty?
Depends who is writing up the statistics.

I think it is very dangerous when you are in a situation where you have a large civilian resistance. It kind of makes it impossible for the more powerful foe to fight the war without destroying a lot of civilian infrastructure and a lot of collateral damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies