Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who thinks Biden has handled the Ukraine/Russian situation well?
Yes- he has handled it well 66 33.00%
No- he has handled the situation poorly 134 67.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 01:21 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times

Advertisements

Liberals seem to be saying that Biden has handled the situation "well", despite presiding over the biggest war in Europe since WW2 and having a Super Power threaten nuclear war.

Biden failed in diplomacy, sending Giggles to negotiate with Putin, and failed to get a consensus statement from the NATO powers (NATO leaders know he is incompetent after Afghanistan).

Biden failed to have defensive missiles and military supplies readily available on the border and in the hands of the Ukranians to defend themselves. Even before the threat of war, Trump supplied them with far more weapons.

SO WHO THINKS HE HAS HANDLED THIS SITUATION WELL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 01:23 PM

43,680 posts, read 44,425,236 times
Since most Americans don't want American soldiers to die in another foreign war (especially after finally getting the American military out of Afghanistan), I think President Biden is doing as well as he can in light of that fact.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:28 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,550,882 times
If this whole incident leads to the fall of Putin - and I'd say there's a good chance of that happening - Joe Biden is going to be considered brilliant. And all the conservatives attacking him for his mishandling it will have mass quantities of egg on their face.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:30 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
No, but if he doesnt get us involved deeper I'll give im that.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:31 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,222,561 times
Too early to say.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:31 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
If this whole incident leads to the fall of Putin - and I'd say there's a good chance of that happening - Joe Biden is going to be considered brilliant. And all the conservatives attacking him for his mishandling it will have mass quantities of egg on their face.
Sure, some genius
No. Just no.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:38 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Terrible thus far. His "we're taking away your candy" speeches have little to no effect on changing the trajectory of this humanitarian crises in Ukrain. After what happened in Afghanistan, he's really establishing himself as being one the worst Presidents to handle international issues of this nature.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Since most Americans don't want American soldiers to die in another foreign war (especially after finally getting the American military out of Afghanistan), I think President Biden is doing as well as he can in light of that fact.
??????????????????????

I don't think any sane person wants boots on the ground. Absence of action is not a virtue. Look at WHAT HE DID AND WHAT HE COULD HAVE DONE.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:41 PM

170 posts, read 60,046 times
i mean other than sanction, not sure what else he can do. so i dont blame the current situation against biden. now afahan he handle that poorly.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
1. Blew diplomacy by sending Giggles to "negotiate" with Putin. Do you think ANY politician would have taken that twit seriously?

2. Biden said (through Giggles) that sanctions would PREVENT an attack. They had to walk that back.

3. Biden had gathered no consensus statement from NATO

4. Biden did not go to the UN, asking for installment of UN peacekeepers in Ukraine

5. Biden failed pre-emptively close the Bosporus Strait

6. Biden failed to confiscate Putin's merchant marine

7. Biden failed to meet with NATO and send quantities of anti-tank, anti-air missiles, tanks, helicopters, and night fighting equipment. Trump sent more to them during peace time

8. Biden failed to freeze Russian assets which would have harmed their ability to launch an attack

9. Biden has fled to Delaware after Putin has threatened to use nukes. So faced with the first nuclear attack threat since the Cuban Missile Crisis, Biden goes and takes a nap.

IF Ukraine survives, it will be in spite of, rather than because of, Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies