Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who thinks Biden has handled the Ukraine/Russian situation well?
Yes- he has handled it well 66 33.00%
No- he has handled the situation poorly 134 67.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 10:49 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Biden has handled the situation very well. There has been a tremendous amount of coordination in the background that isn't making the headlines. All those destroyed Russian tanks and planes by Javelin and Stinger missiles? Hint: Ukraine doesn't manufacture those.

Biden has been a partner in the rapidly built EU and NATO consensus. It's been historic: Germany is sending arms and doubling it's defense budget. Sweden, a near pacifist country that's been neutral for decades, is sending arms. The EU is closing it's entire airspace to all Russian aircraft. The financial system has been shut off from the world; there's a bank run going on in Russia right now. And I suspect that before long an embargo on Russian oil and gas will be announced (along with plans for how Europe will obtain alternative supplies).

Biden, in cooperation with the EU and NATO, has done about as much as he can without sending US troops.
Well, there's a 3-mile convoy of armored cars headed towards Kiev. Right time to send in some firepower from the air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 10:51 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
Well, there's a 3-mile convoy of armored cars headed towards Kiev. Right time to send in some firepower from the air.
Bingo. But Sleepy Joe went to Delaware. He doesn’t have time for that. He needs his rest.

Old 02-27-2022, 10:51 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nah, unlike because Trump, he couldn’t keep the peace to begin with. This is the second time Putin has attacked under Sleepy Joe. Weakness has consequences, and this time extremely severe.
Why would you defend someone who consistently praised the madman Putin?

Say what you will about Biden, he NEVER tried to kiss Putin's ass. But *you know who* did.

Anyway, it's not about the failures of Trump or Biden right now. It's about preserving democracy in the world, and eliminating an evil dictator. You are either on board for that fight, or against it.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:00 PM

8,342 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post

Say what you will about Biden, he NEVER tried to kiss Putin's ass. But *you know who* did.

Anyway, it's not about the failures of Trump or Biden right now. It's about preserving democracy in the world, and eliminating an evil dictator. You are either on board for that fight, or against it.
Biden kisses everyone’s azz. And now people are too embarrassed to admit they voted for Biden. It’s amazing.

He and his stooges brag about sending Ukraine $1 billion this year while he still sends Russia $2.4 billion per month so far this year and eventually $29.2 billion by the end of the year for the 800,000 barrels we get from Russia daily. It’s comical.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:03 PM

Quote:

Easy. Because Trump was able to keep the peace amongst foreign leaders.

Gasp, how horrible it is to keep the peace. Now Sleepy Joe, who Putin also attacked under when he was in charge under Obuma attacks again.

It’s absolutely about the failures of Sleepy Joe. Folks are getting slaughtered because Sleepy Joe didn’t keep the peace and “NEVER tried to kiss Putins ass”. Just another nail in the Dems coffin come midterms and 2024.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:06 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Biden kisses everyone’s azz.
So where has Biden sucked up to Putin, as you claim? I'm no fan, but I don't remember him so full of praise of Putin as Trump is/was. Please post actual facts. Otherwise you have no credibility.

Or just cut your losses and admit you are completely wrong. Remember, I or anyone else on this forum can post endless examples of Trump sucking up to Putin before, during and after his presidency. So find the same for Biden as you claim or shut the f up.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Biden kisses everyone’s azz. And now people are too embarrassed to admit they voted for Biden. It’s amazing.

He and his stooges brag about sending Ukraine $1 billion this year while he still sends Russia $2.4 billion per month so far this year and eventually $29.2 billion by the end of the year for the 800,000 barrels we get from Russia daily. It’s comical.
Bingo…and it’s hilarious how because Trump angst clouds reality. No war under because Trump while folks being slaughtered under Sleepy Joe and they’re still complaining about because Trump and defending Sleepy Joe. Can’t make this stuff up, lol.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:07 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Gas prices in Louisiana and Mississippi have gone up 20 cents in some places already. I place most of the blame not on Putin, but on Sleepy Joe Biden. Even under circumstances like this, Biden remains obsessed about opposing stopping oil and gas production here in the US. I'm from Louisiana and we are well familiar with this since oil and gas is the most important sector in our state's economy.

Biden's FIRST day in office he stopped new oil leases on federal lands, which includes most U.S. territorial waters in the Gulf Coast ( I admit how this pertains to the US exclusive economic zone outside territorial waters I don't know). Our attorney general helped file a lawsuit that defeated the ban thanks to justices Trump (in my mind still our rightful President) appointed to the Supreme Court. Then Biden found more loopholes around that legal ruling and placed a NEW ban on new oil leases within this past week. This run around had something to do with the "social cost" of oil production, whatever this means I have no idea but this sounds like more woke, liberal leftist baloney. Biden single handedly, personally, destroyed over 15,000 blue collar American jobs on his first day in office by cancelling the Keystone XL pipeline. No president has managed to destroy so many jobs in his first day in office.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-us-production

Unfortunately the Democrats have already written off states like Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, North Dakota, Alaska, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Ohio that produce lots oil, natural gas, and coal. To them, the liberal base in California and the Northeast is more important than American energy independence and natural security not to mention blue collar jobs.

Even with the Nordstream-2 pipeline in Europe shut down and supplies from Ukraine and Russia cut off, Sleepy Joe STILL won't budge and allow more domestic oil production. This would have helped the shortage in both the US and Europe and replaced the Russian oil going into Europe.

I always trust the free market over government bureaucrats. Oil is the cheapest form of transportation and coal and natural gas are the cheapest forms of electric generation. If wind and solar were economically feasible they won't need government subsidies, including the infrastructure bill providing funds to build charging stations!! The globalists also want America to always be dependent on foreign countries like Russia and Saudi Arabia for oil, and on countries like China for manufactured goods, including medical supplies. Just like the Chinese virus hasn't changed the Democrats' mind about importing everything, it hasn't changed their minds on the importance on American oil production, which was at its peak when Trump was president.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Nobody is embarrassed about voting for this president. They may have had to hold their nose, but we all knew the alternative was just too out of control.

So where has Biden sucked up to Putin, as you claim? Please post actual facts. Otherwise you have no credibility.

Or just cut your losses and admit you are completely wrong. Remember, I or anyone else on this forum can post endless examples of Trump sucking up to Putin before, during and after his presidency. So find the same for Biden as you claim or ****.
Approval ratings say otherwise. Aghan debacle, border crisis, skyrocketing inflation and violent crime, virus crisis, etc…, prove otherwise, and the biggest debacle is Putin attacking again under Sleepy Joe.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:08 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times
I think he had a lot to do with starting it.
His policy on our energy enriched Putin with funds that he is using for war.

As for how is he handling it,
He suffers from dementia, fatigue and couldn’t wait to retreat to his beach house while Putin put his country on high nuclear alert.

Shouldn’t our president be in meetings and surrounded by advisers?

Some might say “well what can he do?” to that I say how about not looking weak?
If half of Americans see him as weak, frail or incompetent so does a good portion of the world.

Maybe going to the beach house isn’t the best idea this weekend.
Maybe sending in this VP wasn’t the best idea either.

I would give him a “D” if I had to give him an honest grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies