Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2022, 04:29 PM

6,625 posts, read 5,038,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Doesn't seem to be important anymore. Nobody's talking about it. The bot army was reprogrammed for Ukraine, I guess.

If that doesn't tell you that it was all just hysteria, nothing will.

I don't follow network news anymore... so maybe they're still mentioning it occasionally, but the bot army is clearly on Ukraine now, so the media likely is, too. The army just does as they're programmed to do.

Is the pandemic still a thing in your bubble? It's all but disappeared from mine.
Consider, that the measures were never meant to be permanent, people kept telling you this but you kept countering it was about control, yet you probably think a change in the covid policy environment means that you were right when its simply changing circumstances. My whole family finally caught covid over the last 2 weeks but because we were vaccinated I actually thought it was seasonal allergies, so if the vaccines make it that the virus cant progress in your body then its fine most people are going to get the equivalent of a cold so what are you going to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 04:56 PM

2,284 posts, read 642,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Consider, that the measures were never meant to be permanent, people kept telling you this but you kept countering it was about control, yet you probably think a change in the covid policy environment means that you were right when its simply changing circumstances. My whole family finally caught covid over the last 2 weeks but because we were vaccinated I actually thought it was seasonal allergies, so if the vaccines make it that the virus cant progress in your body then its fine most people are going to get the equivalent of a cold so what are you going to do?
First, I know many unvaccinated who had no symptoms. You got COVID over the last 2 weeks suggests you got Omicron, which is basically a glorified cold. I never caught Omicron, even though my partner did back in January. I'm unvaccinated. She got 2 doses, and had cold/flu like symptoms for a week. I believe if she chose to listen to me and not get vaccinated, she wouldn't have caught it at all, like me. But who knows, guessing.

Anyways, what you're wrong about is these measures. They're indeed permanent. You will see them brought back with some force every Flu/'Rona season. And I'll put big money on that. You will see wide scale testing for the Flu and the 'Rona in future years, as well as vaccines and toxic drugs.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:10 PM

1,924 posts, read 886,975 times
i know of no one that had it, yes a town of 300,000 and yes the news daily of 1000 that was sick and 1000 that died. But nobody in my circle got sick

Old 03-07-2022, 12:33 AM

20,055 posts, read 9,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
i know of no one that had it, yes a town of 300,000 and yes the news daily of 1000 that was sick and 1000 that died. But nobody in my circle got sick
And THAT was one of the biggest clues that there was a lot of intentional fear-mongering.

Yes, we live in a small and very rural community so that fact that I have personally known only one person who got only mildly sick from COVID last fall doesn't mean anything. However, the fact that I have only heard from personal acquaintances of two of their close acquaintances getting sick (one died, one was moderately sick), both of whom lived in actual cities, made me suspect that most people did not have much to worry about.

As I have said many, many times, I think the chances are about one in a billion that the actual true numbers of the number of people who have been hospitalized or died FROM Covid (as opposed to just being infected with it) will never be publicized. (And, yes, I do think the authorities do have a pretty accurate estimate, but if what I have read is true, they don't want to publish the numbers.)

Old 03-07-2022, 08:51 AM

36,839 posts, read 31,130,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Doesn't seem to be important anymore. Nobody's talking about it. The bot army was reprogrammed for Ukraine, I guess.

If that doesn't tell you that it was all just hysteria, nothing will.

I don't follow network news anymore... so maybe they're still mentioning it occasionally, but the bot army is clearly on Ukraine now, so the media likely is, too. The army just does as they're programmed to do.

Is the pandemic still a thing in your bubble? It's all but disappeared from mine.
My state never had mask mandates as some did, most businesses did not require one to wear a mask. Our schools remained open and remote learning was by choice. I asked my grand yesterday if he had been hearing anything about people getting Covid recently. He said whats Covid, never heard of it. Said his work is back to normal, no employee required to wear masks, no one is talking about it. That is pretty much how it has been in my bubble for a while.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:16 AM

11,969 posts, read 25,563,870 times
I think liberal base wants to remain in COVID lockdown but polls show most Americans disagree. Midterms look rough fro D's right now. Russia / Ukraine situation perfect opportunity to switch positions and hope no one notices. Two weeks ago Glenn Younkin was demonized for lifting school maks mandates, now most blue states are doing the same.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:18 AM

5,124 posts, read 2,186,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaSky View Post
But they need CNN to whip up the hysteria, and right now, the network doesn't need the virus to get ratings.
Thank god for CNN that Trump, Russia and racism still exist!

Old 03-07-2022, 09:23 AM

4,693 posts, read 5,023,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
For every anectdote, there's another. My husband and I, vaccinated, have not had COVID. My parents, vaccinated, have not had COVID. I do not attribute our lack of illness to the vaccine though, it's due to lifestyle. We get out and about, but not socializers at all with small groups indoors.

Every unvaccinated person *I* know has had COVID and had a rough time with the illness. In my office, we have 128 employees. Two are unvaccinated. Both in their 40s. One was in the hospital with it for 10 days back in November and now cannot function without portable oxygen with him. The other had to have stents put in his legs becuase of the blood clots.
You know the vaccination status of every single person in a 128-employee office?

Old 03-07-2022, 09:30 AM

52,426 posts, read 52,970,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
My state never had mask mandates as some did, most businesses did not require one to wear a mask. Our schools remained open and remote learning was by choice. I asked my grand yesterday if he had been hearing anything about people getting Covid recently. He said whats Covid, never heard of it. Said his work is back to normal, no employee required to wear masks, no one is talking about it. That is pretty much how it has been in my bubble for a while.
We just now are starting to drop the mask mandates. They still have them for places like Nursing homes and a hospitals and a couple of others.

Went into my grocery store a day or two ago without the mask and it felt so weird. Good weird, but whatever. I still noticed about half the people in the store still had the masks on.

We just have too many layers of bureaucracy here in this state. They lifted the mandate state wide a few weeks ago but the petty tyrants running LA county was still requiring masks. The petty tyrants running the LAUSD were fighting the state level and wanted to keep kids in masks.

The whole thing was just too damn much here.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:31 AM

24,428 posts, read 27,144,366 times
We know a lot more about Covid now, it's going to be here forever and is similar to the flu. If you are going to live in a bubble until it's gone, you'll be living in a bubble until the day you die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies