Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2022, 05:54 AM

35,362 posts, read 17,265,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Over, until Democrats start it up again, to push for a massive amount of mail-in ballots in the mid-terms.
That didn't work out too well for the Democrats in San Francisco of all places with the School Board recall, see 3 far left members of the San Francisco school board recalled and ‘You Have to Give Us Respect’: How Asian Americans Fueled the San Francisco Recall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 08:07 AM

30,756 posts, read 19,415,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
We need the universities to “follow the science”, recognize the vaccine doesn’t keep you from getting Covid to any large degree at this point, acknowledge that college-age kids don’t get severe illness - particularly from newer strains - and drop the stupid mandates!
Universities and science are paid to follow the money, not the science.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:12 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,704,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenieL43 View Post
Funny, because in our extended family it’s the virtuous boosted who have had covid; several more than once.
My spouse and I haven’t even had a cold since mid 2019.
For every anectdote, there's another. My husband and I, vaccinated, have not had COVID. My parents, vaccinated, have not had COVID. I do not attribute our lack of illness to the vaccine though, it's due to lifestyle. We get out and about, but not socializers at all with small groups indoors.

Every unvaccinated person *I* know has had COVID and had a rough time with the illness. In my office, we have 128 employees. Two are unvaccinated. Both in their 40s. One was in the hospital with it for 10 days back in November and now cannot function without portable oxygen with him. The other had to have stents put in his legs becuase of the blood clots.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:38 AM

19,951 posts, read 9,516,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenieL43 View Post
Funny, because in our extended family it’s the virtuous boosted who have had covid; several more than once.
My spouse and I haven’t even had a cold since mid 2019.
Silly wabbit -- don't you know that anecdotes (even if there are literally thousands of identical anecdotes) don't mean anything to those in favor of COVID injections?

But regarding the above two posts -- yep, the above also applies to those who are adamantly against the injections, also.

I think it is beyond doubt that the great majority of people make judgments primarily based on their own personal experience.

P.S. And I also absolutely agree that one's lifestyle has a GREAT deal to do with how often one gets sick with anything.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:56 AM

92 posts, read 28,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNB View Post
This coincides with my experience as well. My wife and I - and our family members are vaccinated and boosted. The only family member to get it was not boosted and instantly regretted it. My coworkers who got it - some were vaccinated and some were not. The two who had it the worst and almost died were anti-vaxxers.
Very interesting because in my extended family the exact opposite transpired. Also, in my work - 8 boosted went back in December and spread it to each other.
In any regard, the current injections are obsolete as they were created for variants from fall 2019

Old 03-06-2022, 10:07 AM

2,284 posts, read 641,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
For every anectdote, there's another. My husband and I, vaccinated, have not had COVID. My parents, vaccinated, have not had COVID. I do not attribute our lack of illness to the vaccine though, it's due to lifestyle. We get out and about, but not socializers at all with small groups indoors.

Every unvaccinated person *I* know has had COVID and had a rough time with the illness. In my office, we have 128 employees. Two are unvaccinated. Both in their 40s. One was in the hospital with it for 10 days back in November and now cannot function without portable oxygen with him. The other had to have stents put in his legs becuase of the blood clots.
We can look at statistics. Something like 25-75% of unvaccinated are asymptomatic for this virus pre-Omicron. A study in pre-pandemic Italy found over 100 patients involved in a lung cancer screening trial had antibodies for SARS-CoV-2 and all were reported as asymptomatic. And their average age was in the 50s. This was back in September 2019, well before the pandemic and vaccines.

A relative of mine around 10 years ago, got a cold or flu and got a stroke right after. Actually this is a very common occurrence. Minor illness can bring sub clinical diseases forward to the clinical.

If this was COVID his stroke would be blamed on COVID. But back then it was understood this was existing comorbidity being exposed by a stressor.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:05 AM

8,351 posts, read 3,561,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Sure looks like that way. Masks are suddenly unimportant, too. Never let a crisis go to waste..this administration has given us lots of crises.
I wish it was like that around here. Many places that I have to go still require a mask.

Old 03-06-2022, 02:44 PM

29,230 posts, read 22,478,488 times
The pandemic is not over.
Along the Pacific Rim, the islands are now confronting Covid for the first time.

There are other places scattered all over where Covid infection has just begun.

Old 03-06-2022, 02:50 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,936,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNB View Post
This coincides with my experience as well. My wife and I - and our family members are vaccinated and boosted. The only family member to get it was not boosted and instantly regretted it. My coworkers who got it - some were vaccinated and some were not. The two who had it the worst and almost died were anti-vaxxers.
I know several who were vaccinated and boosted and had covid and one died, I’m not vaccinated and had it, but like some it was more like a bad cold and not nearly as bad as when I had bronchitis or the flu. It’s a weird virus that effects people differently.

Old 03-06-2022, 04:16 PM

35,362 posts, read 17,265,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The pandemic is not over.
Along the Pacific Rim, the islands are now confronting Covid for the first time.

There are other places scattered all over where Covid infection has just begun.
It's over as far as causing shutdowns in the industrial world, though I wonder about Australia and New Zealand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies