Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 06:07 PM

92 posts, read 28,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
My mom used to claim to be a realist when she would dwell on only the negative things. In reality, that's called a pessimist. Why are anti maskers so obsessed with diapers? It's a very weird obsession, honestly.
I wore a medical-grade mask for 20 months, friend! I mitigated my own personal choices after thinking about my own health. I am against forcing them on anyone- especially children and teenagers! It’s utterly ridiculous and inefficient.
It’s time to unmask and smile at each other again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 06:10 PM

20,054 posts, read 9,589,536 times
Quote:
Ummm, and they did. Almost a million deaths so far, just in the US. So yeah, not doom and gloom or dramatics.
Well, that depends on who you are going to believe. If I am not mistaken, even the CDC admitted that their initial numbers were wrong, and I think that it has been well-documented that many of the initial huge numbers included deaths of people who had COVID, but that was not the cause of death.

Of course, as I have so often stated, I am 100% convinced that we will NEVER know the true numbers, so it is useless to argue about this (on both our parts). However, I think it is agreed by almost everyone that the number of deaths from COVID in apparently healthy people is much, much less than the 900,000+ U.S. deaths figure still being quoted by many people.

Old 03-07-2022, 06:13 PM

11,994 posts, read 5,924,894 times
Quote:
Ummm, and they did. Almost a million deaths so far, just in the US. So yeah, not doom and gloom or dramatics.
Have you not seen the revised figures that far less people actually died of Covid and were only included as a Covid death because they supposedly tested positive for Covid?

Old 03-07-2022, 11:59 PM

2,284 posts, read 642,844 times
I know a few people who died because of lockdowns - delayed or improper medical care allowing their medical condition to either fester or go undetected past the point modern medicine can treat it. My sister will be going to a funeral for one such person soon.

I know a few incredibly old people (90+) who got COVID and sailed through it, unvaccinated.

Old 03-08-2022, 04:30 AM

10,237 posts, read 11,221,832 times
Quote:
Oh good gosh. Drama much? Seriously, the right has so many dramatic whiners who are always doom and gloom about everything. No wonder they think the world is ending. Some antidepressants might help with the Eeyore attitude about life.
And here you are - Insulting others.

I seem to recall the Left going out in full force - Hoping those, who didn't mask or vax - DIE.

Don't point fingers Sir.

Old 03-08-2022, 04:58 AM

8,404 posts, read 3,585,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I know a few people who died because of lockdowns - delayed or improper medical care allowing their medical condition to either fester or go undetected past the point modern medicine can treat it. My sister will be going to a funeral for one such person soon.

I know a few incredibly old people (90+) who got COVID and sailed through it, unvaccinated.
I know several such people who died from medical neglect. Depending on the results of my upcoming biopsy, I may be another one.

Old 03-08-2022, 05:26 AM

10,237 posts, read 11,221,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Me too!!! It's a amazing. One of my Hospice Pt, who got Covid—she's still around.

Old 03-08-2022, 05:38 AM

27,536 posts, read 13,750,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Doesn't seem to be important anymore. Nobody's talking about it. The bot army was reprogrammed for Ukraine, I guess.

If that doesn't tell you that it was all just hysteria, nothing will.

I don't follow network news anymore... so maybe they're still mentioning it occasionally, but the bot army is clearly on Ukraine now, so the media likely is, too. The army just does as they're programmed to do.

Is the pandemic still a thing in your bubble? It's all but disappeared from mine.
The Chinese had their turn at destroying us all, now it's the Russian's turn.

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-08-2022 at 05:52 AM..

Old 03-08-2022, 05:44 AM

22,126 posts, read 9,687,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
It’s on pause.
Right now Brandon & Co have the Ukraine invasion to distract and blame and keep everyone occupied. When(if) this thing fizzles out, covid & Fauci will be back with a vengeance.
This isn't going to fizzle out. Russia and China are partnering up and they are sending US planes to NATO in Poland. They are all in the WW3.

Old 03-08-2022, 05:49 AM

35,422 posts, read 17,334,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Doesn't seem to be important anymore. Nobody's talking about it. The bot army was reprogrammed for Ukraine, I guess.

If that doesn't tell you that it was all just hysteria, nothing will.
I happen to think it was 90% hysteria. I hope the phobia is over, whether for Biden's political reasons or otherwise. Any way you cut it it was hurting us. Back in 2020, when our state governors thoughtlessly closed down businesses, they erased much of what distinguishes a human being from the animals. From the point of view of appearance, how long can we all go without a haircut? We were all looking that way for a while, except of course those that surreptitiously gpt a “home visit” from a barber or hairstylist.

Much of what has made human society distinct from the animal kingdom comes from the socializing and collective experience of enjoying music and visual art. We don’t know why painting started, but it started on the walls of the caves. Doubtless cave people got together to admire those paintings. More recently, artists have created great works of art, by Michelangelo, Picasso, and others. Cutting that off was unnecessary.

Live performance music is another collectively civilizing experience. From festivals such as Woodstock to the folk coffeehouses, in other venues, music is designed to be enjoyed in groups. The presence of applause or lack of applause shape what musicians do.

Religion is another such shaper of socialization. We were forced to endure the cheerlessness of a world without weddings, Bar or Bat Mitzvahs, confirmations, Christmas Mass, the Hajj in Mecca, and other such events. In short, humans are gregarious species. We need people.

All of this wasy lost in the mad dash towards “social distancing.” What is most alarming is it the same people who have fought hardest for social distancing fought and still fight hard against cures or ameliorative treatment They insisted on lengthy testing intervals that will make the proposed treatment irrelevant and have created bottlenecks and shortages of what treatments do exist.

Overall, quite the shot-show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies