Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2022, 12:09 PM

5,123 posts, read 2,180,490 times

Advertisements

What I find sad and ironic at the same time is it takes a horrific war to reprioritize such topics such as COVID and the ISMs. I always refer to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs model to understand human behavior.

When all of the basics like food, shelter and supplies are stabilized, we keep on moving up the pyramid until we get to SELF ACTUALIZATION mode which USA was certainly guilty of for a long time. Too much time on our hands and not enough BIG problems to worry about so we hyper focus on COVID and the ISMS 24/7. While these are indeed important topics, even the most liberal minded poster on this site would shake agree that is was overdone and these topics were oversaturated.

I find it interesting now that the focus has shifted to inflation and war, it forces us to go back to the bottom of the pyramid and we are back to having to deal with the basics such as food, shelter and energy. The self actualization model now takes a back seat for awhile.

Interesting how this happens huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 12:15 PM

4,553 posts, read 4,083,336 times
The "pandemic" is as over as "climate change" is over. We're just 3+ scams / psyops in now.

Old 03-11-2022, 02:31 PM

52,392 posts, read 52,904,140 times
All the polling showed that the Dems will take a beating in the mid terms because of it as everyone's got COVID fatigue. You notice how all of the sudden Fauci is just gone?

It's absolutely creepy to me how all of this stuff is just so coordinated across all of the media. If you can't see that there are people behind the scenes pulling levers here, you aren't looking hard enough, or frankly at all.

Old 03-11-2022, 02:41 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,754,994 times
For most of us who either had covid and/or have been vaccinated, it's been over for quite a while.

Old 03-11-2022, 02:42 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Doesn't seem to be important anymore. Nobody's talking about it. The bot army was reprogrammed for Ukraine, I guess.

If that doesn't tell you that it was all just hysteria, nothing will.

I don't follow network news anymore... so maybe they're still mentioning it occasionally, but the bot army is clearly on Ukraine now, so the media likely is, too. The army just does as they're programmed to do.

Is the pandemic still a thing in your bubble? It's all but disappeared from mine.

The only recent thing I've heard was how airlines and the TSA are happily boasting about how you're still required to wear a mask when you fly. Read the comments from a news station posting it on Facebook and so many people were making fun of them for doing it. Saw a few "Thank God, because I still wear mine!" for comments, but it's fading out.

Aside from that, local news in my state have done segments on unhinged teachers and administrators wanting to enforce mask mandates for kids, and they're getting their asses chewed out by everyone under the sun.

The pandemic is definitely coming to an end, especially with Russia and Ukraine. Poor Dr. Fauci must be losing his mind not being in front of a camera. I forgot who's show I was watching, but they played a segment showing that Fauci is so desperate to continue talking about COVID, that he appeared on a few random podcasts that get mediocre play. One of them was a Hip Hop podcast, and the interview was so cringe.

Old 03-11-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Better than that, Fauci is not on TV anymore. he used to be everywhere. he was a useful idiot, now he is been dumped by the media.

Unfortunately, Fauci still kind of won in the end if you think about it. He's the highest paid figure in Washington; more than the POTUS. He's also get a healthy retirement fund, and wants to keep working. Even though it's great to not see or hear him anymore, he still came out ahead in this.

Sidenote - A few days ago Tucker was showing how his cheerleaders turned on Fauci. He showed a "before and after" for Gov Whitmer's room she usually uses for news interviews. A month before the war, she had a "team Fauci" plaque in her office. Tucker showed her latest interview and it's gone; she replaced it with a vase. A few others have done similar things. Makes you wonder....

Old 03-11-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
And...poof - it's gone. For now.
Look for the Omega 9 variant to roar in, oh, let's say, around October, just as the mid-terms are around the corner.

Doubt it. Dems are well aware they're not popular at the moment. If they were start rolling back restrictions before mid-terms, it'll definitely be game over for them. It's why they were so quick to roll back on mandates and restrictions a couple weeks ago. As a matter of fact, both Fauci and Walensky spoke again their decision, and the Democrats ignored them both. It's no different than Biden giving that crap statement at the SOTU on how they don't want to defund the police, and he doesn't want to "totally eliminate fossil fuels."

They're getting a head start to get one everyone's good side. Let's just hope people remember which party put us in the mess in the first place and vote correctly.

That being said, the real question is will the pandemic come back to life AFTER mid-terms? Time will tell.

Old 03-11-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
COVID allows for opportunistic infections, complicates underlying and preexisting conditions and can cause significant autoimmune overresponses.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. COVID may not have directly killed you but it assisted something else in killing you. That is the case about 80-85% of the time.

However COVID hospitalizations, cases and deaths have dropped off in the last couple of weeks. So the Ukraine invasion took up air time that would have gone to reporting that the COVID situation was improving.

So right wing antivaxxers got screwed out of being to gloat about it due to the invasion.

April 2020 called - It wants its outdated fear mongering back.

Old 03-11-2022, 02:54 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,815,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
For most of us who either had covid and/or have been vaccinated, it's been over for quite a while.
This. And a third group that decided the risk was acceptable to them.

You get sick, you deal with it. It's that simple.

Old 03-11-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How long did the Spanish Flu officially last?

Anyone who has been paying attention has expected a similar lifespan for this pandemic.
But conspiracy theories are so much more comfortable, aren’t they?

"The influenza pandemic of 1918–19, also called the Spanish flu, lasted between one and two years."

https://www.britannica.com/story/how...c-of-1918-last

We've been doing this dance for 2 years. Looks like it's over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies