Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 12:16 PM

6,650 posts, read 4,364,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
The TSA mandate is still good till April 18th. The CDC keeps blabbing on about mask wearing. Have you been living under a rock?

The busybodies in Washington need to ****, get out of our lives and crawl back into their holes where we can continue to ignore them.
I don’t believe the CDC has told people they HAVE to wear a mask. They have presented the data and encouraged them to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 12:17 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,815,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I don’t believe the CDC has told people they HAVE to wear a mask. They have presented the data and encouraged them to do so.
That is the CDC being a busybody. If someone wants their advice, they know how to reach out to them.

Don't present anything. Don't encourage. Don't give "guidance". Just shut up and leave us the hell alone.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Busybody bureaucrats EVERYWHERE need to get out of our lives. Federal, State, Local, I don't care. ALL of them are persona non grata.
I assume you’re including people like DeSantis in this..

Old 03-13-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I assume you’re including people like DeSantis in this..
DeSantis never forced me to do anything I don't want to do against my will. That was 100% democrats.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:24 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,323,113 times
Quote:
This is a large part of the problem - this issue was unfortunately politicized. If it had been handled differently by Trump from the start, we likely would not be having this discussion. BTW, I’m a registered Independent who has voted for the Republican candidate about 95% of the time.
I'm confused as to whether you're attributing the politicization to Trump or the Dems. If you respond, some of the steps that politicized it would be of great value.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:25 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,996,882 times
Anyone else think a new crop of b-o-ts is trilling the boards these days?

Old 03-13-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
DeSantis never forced me to do anything I don't want to do against my will. That was 100% democrats.
You just said ‘don’t present, give guidance, or encourage’. Hasn’t DeSantis done some of this? Your posts are very telling. This should not be a political issue - unfortunately it was made into one, from the start.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:31 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,323,113 times
Quote:
the CDC developed guidelines that most states followed very closely.

And this was one of those key areas where most states - especially those with Dem Governors (and thus generally their appointees in their HHS/public health officials) - were happy to comply without question. Most Governors seemed to operate under broad emergency powers. By following along blithely and blindly with the CDC, they were able to put up their hands and exclaim "we're just doing what the CDC recommends and so we don't have any responsibility".

You can look at the states and their timelines and levels of restrictions/mandates, and see what party the Governor was. It's pretty stark and obvious. Doesn't mean ALL red states did things one way and ALL blue states completely followed the mandates. Just that the vast majority in each category fit red or blue

Old 03-13-2022, 12:34 PM

3,361 posts, read 1,253,076 times
Quote:
Ok, we haven’t flown since the pandemic. Is there other federal legislation? I thought these decisions were made at the state level.
the federal gov't required masks on all public transportation not just planes.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
You just said ‘don’t present, give guidance, or encourage’. Hasn’t DeSantis done some of this? Your posts are very telling. This should not be a political issue - unfortunately it was made into one, from the start.
We're talking about the government doing something here. EVERYTHING they do is political. The very existence of government is political.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies