Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2022, 06:47 AM

2,738 posts, read 2,249,411 times

Advertisements

It will come back after the war in Ukraine is over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 06:51 AM

6 posts, read 2,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I pray there won't be any war,,, reason is war isn't something that someone will enjoy happening... Well, i don't live in Ukraine but on behalf of the people there i wish there won't be any war.

Old 03-13-2022, 06:57 AM

30,551 posts, read 21,457,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted faith View Post
I pray there won't be any war,,, reason is war isn't something that someone will enjoy happening... Well, i don't live in Ukraine but on behalf of the people there i wish there won't be any war.
War has been going on for weeks deek. Odd how CV19 went away in the news to war.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:09 AM

21,380 posts, read 7,995,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
It really boils down to personal choice and whether an individual is willing to risk severe illness and potential death for something as simple as occasionally wearing a mask.
Since neither apply to 99% of the population, why are you still raging on that people should wear masks?

For someone who claims that people should do whatever they want, you've posted quite a lot about how people should be scared and wear masks all the time.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:10 AM

30,747 posts, read 19,407,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Democrats are hoping and praying that they can stir up the nastiest variant yet to lock down everyone again, they get off on that stuff.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:16 AM

22,422 posts, read 29,577,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
When and roughly where? My area, NYC area had the "luxury" of the Alpha wave hitting full blast when everything was open and no one was masking, isolating etc. until roughly March 14, 2020. I suspect I had it in mid-February 2020 and I had nasty cold-like systems and for about a month or so later an evil smell in my nose. I rode the same train as New Rochelle's "patient zero" every day, worshiped and attended classes in synagogues very nearby. I suspect I am far from alone. The subsequent NYC area waves were far milder than the first one and in much of the country. Though generally I think most of the hysteria was overblown (not totally wrong) I am very pro-vaccination.
Denver over December and January this year.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWeAllJustGetAlong View Post
Well that’s their opinion. But they said it was a personal choice about wearing a mask, and I don’t recall saying anyone had to wear one. I’ve said this before, you think those who choose to wear masks in certain situations are unreasonably scared. I personally see it as prudent, not burdensome, and cheap insurance. I think your behavior is reckless, but one thing is absolutely clear….the vast majority of the public has spoken, and they agree with you…they are not willing to be burdened with wearing masks. You’ve won….we mask wearers absolutely lost the battle to convince people masking up is in everyone’s interest..
My post is directed to a specific poster who kept railing on about the pandemic and how it's still raging and people are dying .. and then in the next breath stated how the last 2 years were awesome fun. Oh, and everyone should wear masks at all times. Intense cognitive dissonance.

Masks do not make a difference. If they did areas like NYC where restrictions wee bordering on martial law would have had the absolute lowest rates. Didn't happen. Places like Florida were restrictions were nonexistent for the most part ... would have no population left because everyone would be dead. Yet we're still here.

Wearing a mask isn't a burden, which is an emotional argument. It's pointless, which is a logical argument. /shrug/

Old 03-13-2022, 07:25 AM

4,949 posts, read 2,091,021 times
Personally, I don’t have any problems with wearing a mask or not wearing a mask since to me, it’s a non-issue…. Do what the hell you want…. I don’t care since it doesn’t bother me one bit.

I lived in South Korea for a year, been to Japan a couple of times years BEFORE we were hit with COVID, I saw many Asians wearing mask in public, so it wasn’t something new to me. Heck, I’ve even seen Asian tourist in the US wearing masks in public before COVID.

Honestly, I don’t understand WHY people get all butt-hurt over seeing somebody wearing a mask in public. How is somebody choosing to wear a mask effecting yours or anybody else daily life?

Heck, if wearing three masks while wearing rubber dish washing gloves is your thing, more power to you!! You do you and I’ll do the same… No harm and no foul.

Seriously, I live in the metro Seattle area and “I” see plenty of silly sheet daily and trust me, a person wearing a mask isn’t anywhere need triggering me or causing me to laugh out loud!!

I’m more concerned about what’s the next pandemic that will be coming out from China and will we get at least a 3 year break before they screw up the world’s economy again.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
From my stand point that is clearly true….I see far less coverage. I don’t think that means Covid was never the issue that it was though….I think there is only so much band with and space for news, and the war in Ukraine is eating up all that space right now.
Right now the government wants us to be afraid of war.

In a few weeks the'll want us to be afraid of COVID again.

Whether the fear object of attention is actually worthy of fear is debatable. But they really don't care. So long as we are afraid and fighting with each other about it.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:34 AM

18,569 posts, read 15,660,169 times
Quote:
Well that’s their opinion. But they said it was a personal choice about wearing a mask, and I don’t recall saying anyone had to wear one. I’ve said this before, you think those who choose to wear masks in certain situations are unreasonably scared. I personally see it as prudent, not burdensome, and cheap insurance. I think your behavior is reckless, but one thing is absolutely clear….the vast majority of the public has spoken, and they agree with you…they are not willing to be burdened with wearing masks. You’ve won….we mask wearers absolutely lost the battle to convince people masking up is in everyone’s interest..
If masks are insurance, the copays are extremely high since they only reduce risk slightly (unless you have a properly fitted N95 and go outdoors to eat.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies