Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 01:56 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Or pretending it's not a thing.
Pretending we can change it IS a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 01:57 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,796,665 times
I'll believe the climate change BS when Obama moves out of Martha's Vinyard.

If sea levels are going to rise, it seems like a bad idea to live on an island....doesn't it?

Old 03-19-2022, 02:00 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
I'll believe the climate change BS when Obama moves out of Martha's Vinyard.

If sea levels are going to rise, it seems like a bad idea to live on an island....doesn't it?
It's 70 years away ray before run away rise really gets bad brad. Expect a 12ft rise on some parts of the globe.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:00 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Or pretending it's not a thing.
So, we are talking about Global Warming, yes?

Are you Angry-Koala, willing to reduce what you do, knowing that places such as china don't give a damn?

REMEMBER, it now global warming.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It's 70 years away ray before run away rise really gets bad brad. Expect a 12ft rise on some parts of the globe.
Yawn. I'll be dead in 70 years.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:07 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,298,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
[/b][/i][i][b] Eastern Antarctica’s Concordia research station, operated by France and Italy and about 350 miles from Vostok, climbed to 10 degrees (minus-12.2 Celsius), its highest temperature on record for any month of the year. Average high temperatures in March are around minus-56 (minus-48.7 Celsius).
great global warming headline.....strange how they didn't mention that Concordia was opened in 2005....and their all time breaking every record bullcrap is only a little over 16 years

Concordia only has ~16 year temperature record

Old 03-19-2022, 02:17 PM

663 posts, read 307,215 times
I hope extremist realize that even Donald Trump .... never trashes Climate change. He seems to avoid it totally.

Basically, many of us will not see the Sea rise aspects in severity. Climate though? More storms, or severity of areas Drier or Wetter... Will be a issue perhaps sooner.

Still it is PROVING SCIENCE RIGHT that someting IS A CHANGING. They just refuse to say MAN plays any KEY role.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:21 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town View Post
I hope extremist realize that even Donald Trump .... never trashes Climate change. He seems to avoid it totally.

Basically, many of us will not see the Sea rise aspects in severity. Climate though? More storms, or severity of areas Drier or Wetter... Will be a issue perhaps sooner.

Still it is PROVING SCIENCE RIGHT that someting IS A CHANGING. They just refuse to say MAN plays any KEY role.
I live on a giant glacial moraine in New York called Long Island. There used to be a mile thick ice sheet here, and now it's gone.

How'd that happen without HUMANS "causing" it?

Old 03-19-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Let's say climate change is a thing. Is the solution then to try to reverse it (lol) or adapt to it? FYI, we suck at prevention, we're very good at adapting.

Dems lose me when they say I have to downgrade my lifestyle to "reverse" climate change while POTUS flies around on AF1 and a C17 for his excess baggage, spewing more emissions in one trip than I do from ALL sources in over a year.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:24 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:

How old is the earth ?
How old is man ?

The earth was changing way before man appeared and will continue changing way after man is gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies