Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 07:23 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

global cooling, global warming..crap crap carp (what do I say now)......AHhhh HAAaaaaaa....CLIMATE CHANGE.....

Now dammit, prove it wrong, temp goes up, temp goes down, it's CLIMATE CHANGE....the hell with global cooling/warming.....

Remember the polar bears, by now they should all be dead....

Last edited by chucksnee; 03-19-2022 at 07:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 07:30 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't think we or anyone should be forced to cut nothing. But denying this is a very unusual temperature anomaly is silly.
O.K., I'll agree. Now let me ask you, how many Ice Ages have we had, that have been documented?

There are also Volcanoes under Antarctica: https://www.auroraexpeditions.com.au...in-antarctica/

Blog or not, just check it out, further than my link if you don't agree.

Old 03-19-2022, 07:32 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
10 Countries with the Largest Reductions and Increases in CO2 Emissions....

USA is on the very top........with the largest reductions in CO2 of any country

China is on the very bottom....with the largest increase in CO2 of any country

https://capitalresearch.org/app/uplo...-Emissions.png

...global warming does not give one flying rats rear how many people are farting (per capita)

global warming only cares about how many farts are in the air

CO2 emissions per capita is a scam directed at the simple minded

Old 03-19-2022, 07:37 PM

164 posts, read 54,039 times
I can only shake my head at the legion of simpletons with zero reasoning ability of their own, allowing themselves to be spoon fed whatever the convenient narrative-of-the day happens to be. Global warming, climate change, and... ice age?

Remember the late 70's/early 80's TV show "In Search Of...", hosted by Leonard Nimoy? In one episode, "scientists" (yes, the same climate scientists now screaming about global warming) had a slightly less 21st century take on the Earth's ever-evolving temperature.

To quote the show, "If we are unprepared, the results could be hunger and death on a scale unprecedented in all of history. What scientists are telling us now is that the threat of an ice age is not as remote as they once thought. During the lifetime of our grandchildren, Arctic cold and perpetual snow could turn most of the inhabitable portions of our planet into a polar desert."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQSBn50o_8M

Old 03-19-2022, 08:07 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
I've just read 6 pages of BS. Not one poster posted the fact that the "70 degress change was from "80 below zero to 10 below zero". The phony media wants you to think that it was 70 degress ABOVE zero in the Antarctic. Phoney news, phoney reporting, phoney climate change numbers. Do not fall for this BS.:smac k:

Old 03-19-2022, 08:28 PM

12,990 posts, read 9,510,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I've just read 6 pages of BS. Not one poster posted the fact that the "70 degress change was from "80 below zero to 10 below zero". The phony media wants you to think that it was 70 degress ABOVE zero in the Antarctic. Phoney news, phoney reporting, phoney climate change numbers. Do not fall for this BS.:smac k:
70 degrees above normal is highly significant, regardless of what the norms are.

Global climate change shouldn't be a political topic anyway - it either is happening or it's not. And that's science, not politics.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
70 degrees above normal is highly significant, regardless of what the norms are.

Global climate change shouldn't be a political topic anyway - it either is happening or it's not. And that's science, not politics.
But conservatives will tell you that mankind trying to do anything about combating it, like make unpleasant or costly changes to one's lifestyle is all about politics as well as corruption.

Old 03-20-2022, 12:52 AM

932 posts, read 543,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
you are ignoring everything I just posted....

the USA has not increased it's emissions in 50 years...the USA has not contributed to global warming in 50 years

....all of the increase in CO2 has come directly or indirectly from China

can you not read a graph? > https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ederations.png

...again.....per capita is a scam directed at the simple minded....so it's ok for China to increase their CO2 emissions because per capita...while at the same time selling us all this crap to lower CO2 emissions....and increasing their CO2 emissions making that crap
2 wrongs don't make a right.

Old 03-20-2022, 01:19 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Right? You'd think that would be so obvious it wouldn't need explaining.

Quote:
It shouldn't be, but it is totally political. On one side we have idiocy from mainstream conservatives as seen in this thread. And from the other side we get equally moronic, alarmist rhetoric touting every incidence of bad weather as proof of climate catastrophe, and demanding that all migrants from everywhere be accepted in the name of climate justice. There seems to be no middle ground.

Old 03-20-2022, 01:24 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestOldboy View Post
I can only shake my head at the legion of simpletons with zero reasoning ability of their own, allowing themselves to be spoon fed whatever the convenient narrative-of-the day happens to be. Global warming, climate change, and... ice age?

Remember the late 70's/early 80's TV show "In Search Of...", hosted by Leonard Nimoy? In one episode, "scientists" (yes, the same climate scientists now screaming about global warming) had a slightly less 21st century take on the Earth's ever-evolving temperature.

To quote the show, "If we are unprepared, the results could be hunger and death on a scale unprecedented in all of history. What scientists are telling us now is that the threat of an ice age is not as remote as they once thought. During the lifetime of our grandchildren, Arctic cold and perpetual snow could turn most of the inhabitable portions of our planet into a polar desert."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQSBn50o_8M
Leonard Nimoy played a scientist call Spock on TV. He was not an actual scientist.

And while some scientists did speculate about a coming ice age in the '70s, this was always a minority view. Even then, the consensus was for future warming due to the greenhouse effect.

This video explains the issue pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU_AtHkB4Ms&t=376s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies