Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 08:08 AM

1,941 posts, read 828,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
70 degrees above normal is highly significant, regardless of what the norms are.

Global climate change shouldn't be a political topic anyway - it either is happening or it's not. And that's science, not politics.
Only difference between -80 and -10 is how fast you will freeze to death, and I've worked in -40
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2022, 08:35 AM

18,470 posts, read 8,298,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No idea how you arrived at that conclusion, every country in the world needs to do more including China, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the US pointing fingers at China. Co2 lasts around 100 years in the atmosphere so our pollution from a century ago is still exists.

Yes our consumption has dropped since our peak in 1973 because of gas shortages spurred action, still we are are way behind in our efforts. We were the worst polluter in the past so of course there was room for improvement. Germany which is a good comparison as another industrialized county has half our per capita consumption.

We need to do our part and stop rolling back methane restrictions on oil rigs, increased mileage requirements on cars and more EV production. Many things we could be doing but it becomes a political fight to keep the status quo.

of course you don't.....per capita = population

China's population is ~4 times more than the USA.....China has increased it's CO2 emissions over 10 times the USA

Global warming is a scam for the simple minded.....if global warming was really dangerous....no country would be increasing their emissions..much less have a world organization telling them they can increase their emissions...because of per capita

China has a atmosphere...China has a climate...China has a sea coast....China is not stupid....China does not believe in global warming at all

only someone simple minded would fall for this crap

Old 03-20-2022, 08:37 AM

43,144 posts, read 18,306,779 times
So scientists are flabbergasted over 16 years of data. In the scope of the earth's history...16 years is a blink.

Is that really true ? Are they really scientists ?

Old 03-20-2022, 09:54 AM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So scientists are flabbergasted over 16 years of data. In the scope of the earth's history...16 years is a blink.

Is that really true ? Are they really scientists ?
They just guess jess. While i give the true facts jack. Just a short normal 1500 year warming cycle that no one has lived thru so they don't understand man

Old 03-20-2022, 11:15 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Given the effect a post like this has, you might as well be leftist.
Given who is commenting, I thank you.

Old 03-20-2022, 11:20 AM

13,774 posts, read 8,019,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Interesting. I am one who believes temps are warming because of humans but I don't think we should panic. Just allow the free market to sort it out.

I won't. I will leave the panicking to Greta and AOC.

Old 03-20-2022, 11:44 AM

60 posts, read 29,346 times
And?

Old 03-20-2022, 11:47 AM

30,182 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I've just read 6 pages of BS. Not one poster posted the fact that the "70 degress change was from "80 below zero to 10 below zero". The phony media wants you to think that it was 70 degress ABOVE zero in the Antarctic. Phoney news, phoney reporting, phoney climate change numbers. Do not fall for this BS.:smac k:
The title is 70 degrees warmer than average. If you thought it implied something else that is on you. So why would anyone comment on the obvious?

Old 03-20-2022, 11:52 AM

30,182 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I won't. I will leave the panicking to Greta and AOC.
What happened to Al Gore? Did he finally make enough off man bear pig that he can just relax on his pile of money?

Old 03-20-2022, 12:04 PM

631 posts, read 289,627 times
People need to read more about the geologic history of the Earth for perspective. There were many periods in the earth's history when there were no frozen poles at all. It didn't mean an end to the planet, or to life. Life thrived during periods of 'greenhouse times.'

https://www.geolsoc.org.uk/Education...Polar-Ice-Caps

Quote:
Prior to the Oligocene, and into the Mesozoic, the world had little or no polar ice (there is still debate as to the exact measure of ‘little or no’). Probably, there were small amounts of ice at least part of the time, for even in the late Cretaceous (generally regarded as a ‘greenhouse’ time) there were oscillations in sea level of a few tens of metres that seem best ascribed to the melting and re-forming of small polar icecaps.

The proportion of true ‘glacial’ time (even if mostly essentially unipolar) in the last 100 million years, however, may be taken as about one-third.
Point is that the Earth has its own dynamic climate cycles far surpassing the impact of what any one species does on its surface.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies