Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 09:51 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times

Advertisements

It's impossible to take anything they say seriously anymore, so I believe none of it, which is why I'm neutral on the Ukraine conflict. I'm not going to take the side on any issue these loony people decide to support. They burnt their bridges with me with their supposed embracing of the "science" on all issues which is anything but.

Keep bringing out the race card.. it's eventually going to backfire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2022, 10:04 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
It wasn't just a silly slap. It was an affront to civility, a breach of decorum, it was one man publicly humiliating another when one man clearly meant no harm. Worst of all it seemed to not only be allowable but encouraged. Society generally holds grown men and millionaires to higher standards but somehow Will Smith's late reaction to a joke (that was not intended to be hurtful)is debatable. No civil society should debate a violent or punitive reprisal towards a person who meant no harm. IMO this illustrates that we are not quite as civilized as we think we are if we call it a silly slap.
Agreed.

Someone said that Will Smith was “too big to fail” indicating that he doesn’t have to follow the rules (because he’s a hollywood elite who makes them money) and the fact that he wasn’t removed from the event, arrested, charged, sued, or lost his Oscar yet indicates it to be true. Despite billions of people watching the assault.

Will hasn’t been held to any higher standard, and Hollywood is mulling cancelling his Bad Boys 4 movie since money has already been spent to make it.

Cancel culture truly does have double standards. And if you’re a rich black man who makes Hollywood money, you have a different standard than everyone else despite ruining an entire Oscar’s event over 1 joke.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:15 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,221 times
not white supremacy, but male machismo (alpha maleness) and loss of emotional control

Old 04-03-2022, 10:29 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower1996 View Post
I don't know any liberal who believes this; and I don't believe it myself.
Then clearly you've been living under a bridge.
Quote:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has suggested the rise in crime in New York City is because 'desperate' people are 'stealing bread to feed their children'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-children.html

Old 04-03-2022, 10:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Just another example of liberal lunacy. Liberals can NEVER take responsibility for anything they do and always seek to blame others.

The amazing thing is that we have not even reached peak liberal insanity. Now how in the world can someone who lost control, assaulted and verbally abused a colleague, get away with it due to his actions literally being attributed to 'white supremacy"?

Democrats are going to find out how much the nation hates this insane, woke pathway and will attempt to remove the plague of liberalism from the nation forever.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/will-s...i-black-system
According to Fox News, a few woke columnists attributed “ The Slap” to white supremacy.

What seems really nuts is that some attribute this conclusion to 50% of the US population. And some of them, like yourself, are able to differentiate between a few and some and many and most and all. Instead, they choose to not to do so.

Bill Maher did a solid piece, World War Me, a few weeks ago.

Substitute World War for Fill in the blank, including but not limited to “ The Slap”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mXdzAZvid0E

Old 04-03-2022, 11:01 AM

9,155 posts, read 6,202,297 times
Default why are jokes always at the expense of Black women?

The same author who wrote that "the slap" was the result of white gaze, Janice Gassam Asare, also asks why are jokes always at the expense of Black women? Maybe she should ask the black comedian who made the original comment on national TV.

"America’s favorite public sport is berating Black women; it has become social currency. There is a long history of Black women and femmes being dishonored, disrespected, denigrated, and degraded, especially within Hollywood.

Earlier this month, director Jane Campion slighted Venus and Serena Williams during her award speech at the Critics Choice Awards. Campion remarked “Venus and Serena, you’re such marvels…however, you don’t play against the guys, like I have to.” Many were confused as to why Venus and Serena’s names had been brought up during Campion’s acceptance speech, which had little to do with the tennis superstars but again, the world has a nasty habit of always feeling the need to put Black women in their place—especially the Black women that society has deemed as the pinnacle of Black excellence.

This article is more so an invitation to consider why Black women always have to be the butt of every joke. Black women’s pain, trauma, and anger is never taken seriously. If anything, this incident should ask us to ponder why it is so easy to disregard and discard Black women, especially those on the margins who do not fit the model of what we think Black womanhood is. An important thought to reflect on was perfectly encapsulated in an Instagram post caption written by social worker and mental health therapist Megan Torres who said “I shudder to think of the backlash had Jada been a dark-skinned Black woman. If it’s this much collective shock and awe at a thin, light skinned very rich beautiful woman being protected from ableist garbage, colorism and fatphobia would impact the narrative (negatively) even more.” "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janiceg...h=6dc5d1ce4161
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies