Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 01:15 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,018,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I'd pull out my gun and shoot them, if after asking them to politely leave, they did not comply.
So you agree with censor ship in some form then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2022, 01:16 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Next thing you know, network TV will start censoring sh*t.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:19 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
It's only censorship in the same way requiring a tie and jacket at a nice restaurant is censorship. Some situations call for higher standards then others. If you want uncut songs you can always subscribe to satallite radio. The FCC has always enforced higher standards on broadcasted content.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:24 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
So you agree with censor ship in some form then.
I believe in not coming into my place of residence without authorization. I don't swear a lot but if a person wants to do so, more power to them. It's a good judge of character to let people be themselves instead of hiding it due to social mores.

When I mentioned censorship I was more referencing censorship of speech rather than curse words. There's a lot about human nature people don't want to hear, so they hide and censor to maintain this image we are this wholesome species that always does the right thing all the time. Everybody practices cancel culture in some form... some worse than others. Putin Cancels. Modern Democrats Cancel. Xi Cancels. Religious people cancel quite a bit, especially in the past. Book burnings for the ages, because something offends the herd, or threatens the ruling class.

Even republicans cancel. I'll admit I do support not grooming children with all this gender nonsense... to protect them until they are old enough to make the right decision for themselves. I try to be consistent in my beliefs and non hypocritical but am not always successful. Life is shades of grey... very situational. Freedom of speech in one sitting might not work in another.... so I do understand censorship on radio for workplace environments. Average people who don't think outside the box and ponder the nature of existence can't handle the same level of poking and prodding by people who question everything.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:26 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,018,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I believe in not coming into my place of residence without authorization. I don't swear a lot but if a person wants to do so, more power to them. It's a good judge of character to let people be themselves instead of hiding it due to social mores.

When I mentioned censorship I was more referencing censorship of speech rather than curse words. There's a lot about human nature people don't want to hear, so they hide and censor to maintain this image we are this wholesome species that always does the right thing all the time. Everybody practices cancel culture in some form... some worse than others.
Curse words are speech. If you were originally talking about censor ship in general, then thats fine but not what is being discussed.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:27 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
It's only censorship in the same way requiring a tie and jacket at a nice restaurant is censorship. Some situations call for higher standards then others. If you want uncut songs you can always subscribe to satallite radio. The FCC has always enforced higher standards on broadcasted content.
And anyone who is in favor of cursing in place of other descriptive words, I encourage you to do so.

At the grocery, at the big box stores. And at work. All the time at work. Refer to coworkers as little s7-ts, ******es, and mudder floopers.

When greeting a 3 year, instead of saying Hey there little one! Try Whaddup you flooping a$$ s&-thead?

Report back, let us know how it goes.

People are idiots these days. I feel like we are living idiocracy.. maybe go see that movie where the a$$ farts for 2 hours. That's pretty much where some people are.

Dark ages.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:28 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
I guess public nudity should be allowed as well. Clothes just censor your naughty bits.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:31 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Quote:
I guess public nudity should be allowed as well. Clothes just censor your naughty bits.
Okay some of you are winning me over with your perspective. There's a time and place for everything, and throwing F bombs around at a board meeting at work probably isn't the best idea.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:36 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Anyone who wants to curse at their friends in their off hours have at it.

In a song broadcast at work? No way.

Generally speaking if cursing is the only way someone knows how to speak they are a very poor communicator.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:39 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times
You just now noticed this?

In the 90s, Adam Sandler had a song , POS car.

I was listening to the radio while doing courier work. I was driving in rush hour morning traffic.

The radio censored the bad words, which made the song hilarious to me. I must have looked crazy laughing my ass off in stop and go traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies