Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 08:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

We have music going in our stores, and they typically play popular local radio stations, I noticed during an Alanis Morissette song, they actually censored out the word 'sh*t'!!!!

I can somewhat understand censoring out certain 'curse words', but that one? LOL

Are we living in the year 2022 or 1522?! How is it that everyone just tolerates this kind of censorship, and no one calling for the practice to be ended?

I guess I should not be surprised, Ive eve seen a cable tv channel, censor out the word 'ass'...I laughed when I heard this, someone actually believes THAT word needs to be censored out on cable tv?

And people say the Church doesnt have any power or influence anymore? HA yeah right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2022, 09:26 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
A lot of stations censor cuss words, nothing new. You see cuss words filtered on boards too.

Old 04-02-2022, 09:33 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,895 times
You censored yourself in the first paragraph of your post. Or you knew it would be deleted if you wrote the word, so why are you worried about a radio station doing the same thing?

Old 04-02-2022, 09:40 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Talk to Disney.

I'm sure they are working on getting all the curse words into their next cartoon movie for 5 year olds.Maybe suggest it and they'll put you on their board of directors?

Isn't it cute when 6 year olds starting singing s-7t a$$ m**ther flooper???

SO adorable.

[sarcasm]

Old 04-02-2022, 09:41 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We have music going in our stores, and they typically play popular local radio stations, I noticed during an Alanis Morissette song, they actually censored out the word 'sh*t'!!!!

I can somewhat understand censoring out certain 'curse words', but that one? LOL

Are we living in the year 2022 or 1522?! How is it that everyone just tolerates this kind of censorship, and no one calling for the practice to be ended?

I guess I should not be surprised, Ive eve seen a cable tv channel, censor out the word 'ass'...I laughed when I heard this, someone actually believes THAT word needs to be censored out on cable tv?

And people say the Church doesnt have any power or influence anymore? HA yeah right!
What does the Church have to do with it?

It's common decency.

I guess there is no such thing as common decency? We should all scream curse words at each other all day long?

Old 04-02-2022, 12:25 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
That word always has been filtered out on commercial radio. Where have you been?

Have you never heard of George Carlin?

Old 04-02-2022, 12:35 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What does the Church have to do with it?

It's common decency.

I guess there is no such thing as common decency? We should all scream curse words at each other all day long?
Yes, whether someone goes to Church or not, it’s not considered decent or polite. We wonder why people are so rude anymore, manners are lacking more n more.

Old 04-02-2022, 12:41 PM

11,025 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:

And people say the Church doesn't have any power or influence anymore? HA yeah right!
I frequent a forum that censors the word 'ass'. It can be difficult to say things at time, I mean, how does one right assign? And when one wants to talk about an ass, well, you get what I mean. We would have to say 'gluteus maximus and gluteus minimus'.

Old 04-02-2022, 12:41 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Charlie Daniels' The Devil Went Down to Georgia was censored a couple decades ago. So was another song, rock, that I can't recall right now. I want to say it's a Janis Joplin song.

Old 04-02-2022, 12:42 PM

715 posts, read 1,039,406 times
Quote:

If the station is owned by iHeart Radio, I'm not surprised. I think that network even sensors 'second tier' cuss words like 'sh*t'.
She says 'F*ck' in one of her songs ( the one that probably gets the most air play) and I'm betting that line gets the bleep everywhere. Of course, when I was growing up, damn would have been bleeped... so times have definitely changed in the past decades...where worse cuss words are making it on air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies