Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 05:38 PM

6,024 posts, read 2,843,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The best known Trans person in the world is a lifelong Republican who at age 65 made the decision to undergo surgical removal of his penis and testicles. He recently landed a gig as a paid contributor on Fox News. Medicare will pay for this surgery when it is medically warranted, on a case by case basis.

I do not understand Trans.
I oppose hormone blockers, treatment and reassignment surgical procedures for minors.
I will not play the pronoun game.
If an underaged bio male wants to wear a skirt and make up, more power to him. Its just fashion. Likely, some will outgrow the shock value.

Afterall, kilts were and remain statements, as were heels and powdered wigs and hair for men.
I never said the "transgender" people themselves were necessarily Democrats. I said the people who are encouraging it are likely members of the Democratic Party.

Mr. Jenner needs to seek mental help for his problem, even though he, unfortunately, already went through life-altering surgery.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:38 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Transgenderism - is it a new fad, or is it part of something truly frightening?

Boo.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:40 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
God used to use a lever that you pull for a male or female body prior to birth. Now it’s been updated to a computer system. The system often has bugs, crashes, or is down for upgrades so more people’s orders are getting messed up.

I joke that Mom wanted a girl, and Dad wanted a boy, and they fought so much that God just threw up his hands and said "Here...you figure it out."

Old 04-04-2022, 05:43 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My opinion is a transgender person will most likely have no impact on me or the way I live my life. Frightening? Um, no.
That’s what all the female collegiate swimmers said too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
One thing i wonder if the whole fuss by Conservatives is a moral panic.

I remember back when i was growing up, that metal bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and the like were accused of hiding messages in songs that could only be heard when you played a tape backwards.

IMHO, people will always be afraid of anything that starts becoming accepted that they don't understand.
Oh, right, stereotypes. You just have to portray conservatives as ignorant and dumb.

Actually, this isn’t something that draws a line at conservative vs. liberal. The vast majority of adults in the US are opposed to teaching young children about this.

Moreover, it’s not that people don’t “understand” transgenderism. Rather, they disagree that transgenderism is completely normal, no big deal, and not evidence of a mental illness.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:52 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My opinion is a transgender person will most likely have no impact on me or the way I live my life. Frightening? Um, no.
My opinion is that popular culture and the legislation and education as well as free speech issues surrounding and built on the transgender movement will most likely have tremendous impact on children and adults and the way they live their lives. Frightening? Um, yes.

It's already happened.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarbiNus View Post
Accepting them as human being is not encouraging people to be transgender. It's acknowledging the existence of a group of people that want to be treated with respect and not be demonized.

Conservatives just don't like it today in the same way they didn't like seeing William Shatner kiss a black woman on TV.
OOH— the racism card.

Right, because not believing that a man can breastfeed or give birth is exactly the same as racism.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:59 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Moreover, it’s not that people don’t “understand” transgenderism. Rather, they disagree that transgenderism is completely normal, no big deal, and not evidence of a mental illness.
That's the thing. If transgenderism is perfectly normal, then teaching the basic idea of transgenderism to children should not be a problem. Same thing with homosexuality.

This is the crux of the matter. It's a decision that society has to make.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:00 PM

Quote:
You overexaggerate a point. Gender is different from Sex. If gender was an OS, then sex would be the hardware.

Like running windows on a mac. Some people are born with software incompatible to the hardware they were born with.
Some people develop a misbelief that their body and their brains are not the same. This is the very hallmark of mental illness.

It’s more akin to a PC getting a “virus” and crashing.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:07 PM

Quote:
The don’t develop, their neurological mindset was wired differently from their physical appearance. That’s how you get some dudes that are feminine, and woman that have an almost masculine vibe. It’s the way they are.
A masculine woman is not the same as a woman who believes she is actually a man; nor does a man who is more feminine equate to a man who thinks he is a woman. Bruce Jenner, for example, was not effeminate.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:08 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
You overexaggerate a point. Gender is different from Sex. If gender was an OS, then sex would be the hardware.

Like running windows on a mac. Some people are born with software incompatible to the hardware they were born with.
What's the difference between transgenderism and anorexia?

Both have extreme body dysmorphia. Would you tell an anorexic she is, in fact, fat? And that her vision of herself as an obese person is correct? Take her jogging to an Anorexic Unite!!! marathon to celebrate just how fat she was? Or would you try to explain that the disconnect between her mind and body was killing her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies