Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2022, 08:18 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is my thought. These Republicans who screamed bloody murder with covid and vaccine restrictions have no problem telling trans persons and or their parents how to live their lives. Another thread on CD talks about a possible legalization of Marijuana and its amazing how many Republicans want to tell people what they can put in their bodies. They hypocrisy is over the top.

I have no issue with trans people or gay people or someone who wants to smoke pot. Time to leave others alone. The vast majority of trans people are just living their lives not asking for anything. Yet Republicans keep taunting them for political gain. How sad.
It’s not “live and let live” right now and you know it.

It is:

• recognize me by my preferred pronouns or I’m going to botch your medical procedure intentionally.

• Agree that a man can give birth or you will be cancelled. (Example: JK Rowling)

•’Compete against a man if you are a female athlete. Don’t speak out against it for fear you will be canceled or kicked out of your university.

And on and on.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 04-04-2022 at 09:38 PM..

Old 04-04-2022, 08:20 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
Wrong. If you're a parent of a child under 14, it's suddenly in your face front and center, despite you not wanting it to be, because your kid comes home with stories of gender indoctrination from school. Every damn week something new and something more aggressive.

I am one of the most laid back type B's around, and yet even I'm shocked.
At 14 yes. Very sexually charged hormones at that age. Teens can’t be your 5 yr olds. Hiding every thing under the carpet is not making it go away. Every parent should watch the old movie Hard Core w George C Scott. Parents want kids to stay ignorant- and they are the ones left behind.

Old 04-04-2022, 08:24 PM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times
All transgenders are ugly

Old 04-04-2022, 08:26 PM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
How does he 'get out' of the oppressor group? Is he White? You can be trans, but you still white and your slave loving ancestors were still white.

You ain't slipping out of this by wearing a dress! Check your privilege !
They* are white, born female and says that gender doesn't exist in reality and identifies as no gender. (Probably trans is not the right word for that.)

They claim that part of their mental depression and anxiety stemmed from being in the "oppressor group," because they always intuitively knew that they were not an oppressor.

Therefore they said it was a huge relief to find that they were in the LGBTQIA+ group, because they were not an oppressor, but an oppressed.

*Singular person using they/them/their

Old 04-04-2022, 08:26 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
It’s not “live and let live” right now and you know it.

It is:

• recognize me by my preferred pronouns or I’m going to notch your medical procedure intentionally.

• Agree that a man can give birth or you will be cancelled.

•’Compete against a man if you are a female athlete. Don’t speak out against it for fear you will be canceled or kicked out of your university.

And on and on.
Who is making me use certain pronouns or cancelling me? That is just ridiculous. This has never come up in my life and probably not yours either.

I live in a conservative small town. I visit about once a week a neighbor named Charles Ross. 86 years old. He wants to be referred to as Mr. Ross. That is fine with me. Whatever title or pronoun someone wants to use (like I said this has never come up regarding trans people) I will respect them for that. What is so hard about that?

However I don't think that trans women who were born men should compete in sports against women. That needs to stop. But your other comments are just right wing talking points. None of this effects me at all personally.

We have issues in this country. Things that effect all Americans. But picking on trans people who the vast majority are just trying to live their lives is immoral. Not fair to them at all.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 04-04-2022 at 08:35 PM..

Old 04-04-2022, 08:27 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
I personally believe it should be illegal for a person to cut off their own, or other's body parts. It's macabre.

. .
Yes. There was another thread recently about banning circumcision. I agree with that.

Old 04-04-2022, 08:29 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Wrong. If you're a parent of a child under 14, it's suddenly in your face front and center, despite you not wanting it to be, because your kid comes home with stories of gender indoctrination from school. Every damn week something new and something more aggressive.

That's not really an issue where I live. Sure it's comes up in the news from time to time, but nothing that's talked about around here and I haven't heard of any conflict in the local schools. My kids are young adults, and I have nieces and nephews in school, and plenty kids at the church of all ages, and my nextdoor neighbor son is 14 and we talk all the time. This is a huge country, and it's not on the same level everywhere.

Old 04-04-2022, 08:36 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
All transgenders are ugly
Lol, you might have talked to an attractive person not knowing their true identity. Not all transgender people go around telling the world they are transgender. These days, you'll be surprised who is who among us.

Last edited by ipaper; 04-04-2022 at 08:55 PM..

Old 04-04-2022, 09:02 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Is mental illness a fad and frightening?

Don't know. Depends. Some mental illnesses are very frightening. And some mental illnesses are pretty much harmless to others--like pretending to be something you are not, as in the opposite sex. In the past, that was manifested in cross dressing. With modern technology, the make believe can go to further extremes. Is it frightening? No. Not to me, anyway. Little disgusting at times. And I think it's a complete waste of time--obsessive behavior. But whatever. We all have fantasies. And not all of them are healthy. For instance, if I want to marry a "real doll," is that scary for everyone? I'd doubt it. Would it disgust someone? Probably. But it would just be another harmless (to others) form of mental illness.

As long as it's a personal choice by a consenting adult, fine. But when underaged children are involved, that's when it becomes pure evil and lifetime jail/insane asylum sentences should be imposed, if not worse.

Old 04-04-2022, 09:22 PM

6,642 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:

I am laid back too, for me it is all about the age.

I honestly don't want my kid wasting time on learning 'sexuality' at 5 years old. I mean,..wth,..let them play, learn fundamentals. I just see it as a huge waste of time.

If there are outliers, then so be it, but I say leave all the sex stuff out till teens at least. We don't need books showing two boys going down on each other in the school library( yes, this was in my kid's school).

At least make it be a sign out thing where parents can approve.

It's the sneaky behind the parent's back stuff that is shady AF too. Ya'll know you perving out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies