Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 07:23 PM

26,514 posts, read 15,092,794 times

Advertisements

I have a student who is very troubled. They* once tried to commit suicide. Claims that they always knew something was off.

What is more, the student was deeply troubled by being an "oppressor." The left frames much of its worldview as the oppressor and the oppressed.

Once the student came out as trans, they said despite family pushback, it was a huge burden off their shoulders to no longer be in the oppressor group.

Kind of sad that a kid that is clearly mentally struggling has to be piled on with woke oppressor garbage.

*Pronouns are they, them, their.

Old 04-04-2022, 07:23 PM

13,973 posts, read 5,634,219 times
The belief is that 30% of America is trans. The reality is that it's less than half a percent.

People are scared of something the media-political complex would like you to believe is a common rule and not a very rare exception. Talking about trans-this and trans-that might be fashionable currently, but actually being trans isn't. Feeling suicidal because you literally feel like a rpsioner inside the wrong body...nobody chooses that because it's cool. There are poseurs in every media-political hyped thing, but legit gender reassignment or else I kill myself type folks are rare and suffering individuals.

End of the day, it is a mental disorder (no moral judgment in that word, just a basic fact that it is disordered from the biological and psychological norm), in the same way countless other mental conditions are disordered. People with mental disorders should neither be castigated nor celebrated. They are what they are, and their life doesn't put demands or requirements on mine. If they can get whatever help they need to live with their disorder, cool, good for them.

Individual liberty, voluntary association, freedom. Not tough concepts, just don't obligate me in the process.

Old 04-04-2022, 07:26 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,829 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi262oMAz1w

"The two are now made one,
Demi-god and nymph are now made one"

Nothing new under the sun.

Old 04-04-2022, 07:30 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
God used to use a lever that you pull for a male or female body prior to birth. Now it’s been updated to a computer system. The system often has bugs, crashes, or is down for upgrades so more people’s orders are getting messed up.
Or gets hacked by someone who wants it to produce different results from what it used to.

Happens a lot, especially in leftist circles.

Old 04-04-2022, 07:34 PM

1,250 posts, read 680,184 times
I personally believe it should be illegal for a person to cut off their own, or other's body parts. It's macabre.

I mean do whatever else you want if you can't accept yourself, but leave the body parts intact (although the long term effects of hormones are probably unhealthy and could result in cancers or whatever down the road - and other people would then be affected) . . .

Old 04-04-2022, 07:36 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,895,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
I personally believe it should be illegal for a person to cut off their own, or other's body parts. It's macabre.

I mean do whatever else you want if you can't accept yourself, but leave the body parts intact (although the long term effects of hormones are probably unhealthy and could result in cancers or whatever down the road - and other people would then be affected) . . .
Lets prohibit amputations and cosmetic surgeries then. Welcome to the Neo-Afghanistan

Old 04-04-2022, 07:39 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,895,423 times
I sort of like Iranian approach towards transsexuals... Once one certifies that they indeed feel like a person of a different sex on the Quaran (in the eyes of God), they waste no time and facilitate the transition with the utmost urgency, subsidized by the government. Then no stigma or no restrictions going forward.

Old 04-04-2022, 07:40 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Everyone is aware of the surging "transgender" movement, especially when it comes to children wishing to change their gender identity.

My question is thus: Is this a modern-day fad, part of political tribalism that's pervasive in our society, or is it something that's really happening to our children? By that, I mean, is it a real thing that more and more children are really born into the "wrong body," something that hasn't happened in all of human history?

I've heard theories that plastics and other pollutants are causing a blurring of the genders, with large numbers of children being born who are not really one gender or the other, but more in between. Hence, the "identity shifting" that we see so much today.

I have no idea if this is true or not, and I sincerely hope that all of this is simply a popular fad, which will soon die out.

What are your opinions on this matter?
I'm not aware of any surging transgender movement, it's certainly talked about, but in my neck of the woods, it's not talked about all that much or hardly at all. I guess it depends on where you live, but regardless of that, it's not like it's dominating the news everyday, there are far more important things to talk about.

Old 04-04-2022, 07:42 PM

6,682 posts, read 2,981,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Kind of sad that a kid that is clearly mentally struggling has to be piled on with woke oppressor garbage.
How does he 'get out' of the oppressor group? Is he White? You can be trans, but you still white and your slave loving ancestors were still white.

You ain't slipping out of this by wearing a dress! Check your privilege !

Old 04-04-2022, 07:43 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,165,493 times
Too much other stuff going on in the world to worry about this topic. Sorry, just being honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies