Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 06:12 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times

Advertisements

My cousin's granddaughter, born 1998, from the day she could talk said she was a boy. Fought w/her parents from toddler age about wearing girls clothes. Mom insisted on dresses for family pictures but it was always a battle. She finally gave up and only within the past few years admits her daughter is 'unique.'

In high school, this girl dressed like a boy, only dated girls, currently is living with a girl, went to her brother's wedding a few years ago wearing a man's shirt and man's tie, hair tied back in pony tail. I was sent a few pictures - she looked like a skinny boy.

Gender issues run in that family. The paternal grandfather's oldest sister, Ethel, was a lesbian - born 1922 or thereabouts on the family farm. Think about that!!! 1922. When Ethel became an adult, she moved to Florida and lived with another woman until her death. I never met her, although I knew that family well. Very little communication w/her family. Family was notified of her death long after it occurred.

The granddaughter's mother has a sister who is married to another woman, lives in FL, has adopted (I believe) children.

So, this kid gets it from two sides - her paternal grandfather, and her mother's side.

My relative hasn't talked about gender surgery - but could very well be considering it. My cousin's sons, one the father of this girl, just "told" me last year, "she" liked girls. Like it was news. Of course, her grandmother and I had been discussing this - for us an oddity - from the time the issues arose - when the kid was two/three years old. I never got the paternal grandfather's take on this - it shouldn't have been a complete surprise since his sister was a lesbian - which for that time - born 1922 - was only whispered about.

So, odd as it may appear to many, being born in the wrong body is NOT A FAD. It is NOT a mental illness - it is gender confusion, hormonal/neurological - begun in the womb.

I do think there may be genetic component, as well - i.e., my relative who got the wrong genes from both sides of her parentage. Our modern-day pollution/contamination only exacerbates the issue - as mentioned above wildlife born with both sex organs or some permutation thereof. Of course, men who liked men goes back to the Greeks and Romans. No doubt there were women who preferred women in those days, too.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 04-04-2022 at 06:24 PM..

Old 04-04-2022, 06:14 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I never said the "transgender" people themselves were necessarily Democrats. I said the people who are encouraging it are likely members of the Democratic Party.

Mr. Jenner needs to seek mental help for his problem, even though he, unfortunately, already went through life-altering surgery.

So she's already sought "mental help"? Since that happens WAY (like years) before surgery is even considered?

Old 04-04-2022, 06:20 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFtgurl View Post
No it is not a fad... people have been changing their sex since the early post War years...

Yes some people transition who maybe 40 years ago wouldn't have done so (mainly due to fear of rejection). But if they are happy, what is wrong with it? Many go on to lead better lives than they would have as their birth sex, in many cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Not a fad and not frightening. I remain a live and let live type of man as long as all are consenting adults
It was the Obama administration that caused an explosion of people who now consider their assigned gender nothing more than a suggestion. Obama mandated health insurance companies pay for synthetic hormones, mastectomies, and (FFS) feminine facial surgeries.

The truth is, people are entitled to their privacy and their dignity, trans men (people born female) don’t belong in a men’s locker room, or a men’s rest room. Likewise, people born male don’t belong in a woman’s facility. The tired excuse of, but, if they don’t get what they want, they’ll commit suicide, is hyperbole and ridiculous excuse, for people buying into their hype. Imagine, if everyone could use the excuse of threatening to commit suicide if they don’t get their way..?

Old 04-04-2022, 06:22 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,676,653 times
I believe this movement is having harmful effects on children. "Social contagion" is a real and powerful force. There was a recent thread here on CD about a TX teacher claiming 20 of her 32 4th grade students identify as LGBTQetc. Another thread was about a school reporting that about 30% of their Jr High girls claim to be TG.

In yet another CD thread a poster hypothesized that China may be sabotaging the US this way. TikTok is heavily promoting TGism, with many kids becoming confused about their gender after seeing numerous videos on TikTok designed to cause such confusion.

Yes this frightening. We could have quite the messed up next generation if this goes unchallenged. We the adults are supposed to protect and help the youth of our society. We who recognize the TG movement for the garbage that it is need to step up and refuse to accept it.

I realize there is a TINY percent of people with a chromosomal abnormality that causes gender disorder, but that is a completely separate issue from the one being discussed here.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:26 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
If transgenderism were normal or desirable, then parents would have no problem teaching it to their children.

That’s the bottom line.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:28 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I too view it as a mental illness. How can you think you are a different gender than what the evidence shows between your legs?
Yes. The persistent belief that one is "born into the wrong body" is clear evidence of mental illness. Such people aren't themselves frightening, they're just troubled individuals with no good treatments available for their conditions. Trans men and women deserve our compassion and acceptance as fellow human beings. But Western societies are quickly moving toward a situation where all are required to affirm transexual fantasies and delusions as real or be punished. That is frightening.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My opinion is a transgender person will most likely have no impact on me or the way I live my life. Frightening? Um, no.
It's the male lesbians that may worry or scare women. They are males attracted to women who feel they should have been born women but after transitioning to women are still attracted to women. I don't see male lesbians as being any better off than before.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:30 PM

10,088 posts, read 7,763,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Everyone is aware of the surging "transgender" movement, especially when it comes to children wishing to change their gender identity.

My question is thus: Is this a modern-day fad, part of political tribalism that's pervasive in our society, or is it something that's really happening to our children? By that, I mean, is it a real thing that more and more children are really born into the "wrong body," something that hasn't happened in all of human history?

I've heard theories that plastics and other pollutants are causing a blurring of the genders, with large numbers of children being born who are not really one gender or the other, but more in between. Hence, the "identity shifting" that we see so much today.

I have no idea if this is true or not, and I sincerely hope that all of this is simply a popular fad, which will soon die out.

What are your opinions on this matter?
Noooooooooo....don't get brainwashed by the left. Put some cold water on your face. Come to realty. The left are pushing a crazy pronoun agenda. Ignore it. It means nothing . You are sane. Do not go over to the crazy side.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:31 PM

10,451 posts, read 4,038,191 times
All I can say is, the more natural you leave your body, the better off you are.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:36 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes. The persistent belief that one is "born into the wrong body" is clear evidence of mental illness.
It's not a mental illness for those who actually are born in the wrong body. No therapy or medication will correct this 'mental illness' - which is basically a hormonal trick nature played on the poor unfortunate who has to navigate the world with this condition. I am very happy this isn't me. At least these days, for those truly afflicted, there is more acceptance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies