Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 10:01 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't see anything wrong with expecting men and women to be more responsible with their reproductive health. Why shouldn't unintended pregnancies be prevented when it's so easy to do so? We're just spotlighting an obvious problem... 95% of all unintended pregnancies are the result of VOLUNTARY participation in unprotected sex. WHY?!? WHY is that happening when birth control is so easy to get, and frequently available for free?
Then since the issue troubles you and newtovenice so much, what do you expect can be done to incentivize men and women, who don't want to make babies to be more responsible for birth control? Don't you strongly support doing it by banning all or nearly all abortion and sending women to prison for a few years or more, who violate the ban? What if the convicted woman says, "He seduced me and refused to honor my request to him to wear a condom." Should that male also have to go to prison?

Old 04-12-2022, 10:06 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Unintended pregnancies that lead to abortion where mom and dad took measures to try to prevent the pregnancy don’t be bother me as much as unintended pregnancies where mom and dad just did nothing and then had an abortion. It’s fully in line with my desire to keep abortion legal and rare.
Yes that appears to be your feelings and it seem to me It would that is hypocrisy.

Quote:

Sorry you’re still on this tangent with your incorrect assumptions that I don’t care about how fetuses are disposed of. For the record, I think it’s gross to dispose of human life forms as if they were trash. Does it bother you since you favor abortion and I haven’t heard you state your opinion on the matter, just made up assumptions directed at me.
Sorry, Im not just directing it at you I ask it of all those who insist abortion is murder and a fertilized egg is the same as a born child. It just happened that I was in a discussion with you at the time.

No it does not bother me as I dont see an unviable, under developed fetus as a person and find it ridiculous that a mass of bloody miscarried zygote should have a funeral. I have no opinion on those who view their unviable fetus as their child that would not be and provided a burial or cremation. I have known those who did so with a lost early third trimester stillborn.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:10 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes that appears to be your feelings and it seem to me It would that is hypocrisy.

Sorry, Im not just directing it at you I ask it of all those who insist abortion is murder and a fertilized egg is the same as a born child. It just happened that I was in a discussion with you at the time.

No it does not bother me as I dont see an unviable, under developed fetus as a person and find it ridiculous that a mass of bloody miscarried zygote should have a funeral. I have no opinion on those who view their unviable fetus as their child that would not be and provided a burial or cremation. I have known those who did so with a lost early third trimester stillborn.
If a parent loses an infant vs a toddler vs an adolescent vs a young adult vs a middle-age adult do you also quantify those losses by development stage?

Do you find it ridiculous if a parent has a funeral for an infant son with a tiny baby casket vs a 55-year-old son in an adult casket?

Old 04-12-2022, 10:11 AM

Quote:
The law is not always aligned with science or ethics or morals, etc. Abortion is controversial for a reason.
Ethics and morals are subjective.
The science is aligned with viability.

As long as the law of the land says abortion is not murder I will support that abortion is not considered murder and not illegal.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:13 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,950,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
The, "rare" bit is nothing but marketing. 450,000-600,000 abortions per year is anything but rare.
Did your source for those numbers also give a number for how many pregnancies there were? Or what percent of all pregnancies were aborted? We are a large country so numbers on anything will be large. It would be interesting to know the percent.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:

As long as the law of the land says abortion is not murder I will support that abortion is not considered murder and not illegal.
And when the law states that abortion is illegal and murder... you change your opinion to align with the law.

So you approved of the arrest of the woman who was the topic of this thread because she was suspected of breaking the law.

Correct?

Old 04-12-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Did your source for those numbers also give a number for how many pregnancies there were? Or what percent of all pregnancies were aborted? We are a large country so numbers on anything will be large. It would be interesting to know the percent.
I've posted multiple times.

For every 100 births

There are 20 abortions.

100 live babies = 20 DEAD ONES

Old 04-12-2022, 10:29 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:

The law in Texas says that abortion after six weeks is illegal. I guess you support that because that’s what the law says?

Old 04-12-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
My hope is to actually make it rare.
And the way to do that is through education and outreach not only on physical reproduction but emotional health and encouraging committed relationships, involving men in the responsibility of reproduction and contraception. As well more reproductive clinics and available, affordable BC and available, affordable daycare, support for families and single mothers.

One of the major reasons (many call inconveniences) women have abortions is they feel they cant afford a baby and dont have the support system (unable to complete education, to work, or to care for a baby) and there is no dependable father or relationship.

But no one wants to hear this. They are too busy harping on how easy it is to get BC instead focusing on the solutions. Help women, the irresponsible ones, those in poverty, those with emotional issues, those with low self esteem, little education, no support or guidance, the ones seeking abortion, to make better decisions and provide the services they need. Men step up and talk with teens and young men about their responsibility and how they can contribute by not pressuring girls for sex, wearing a condom, and taking responsibility for pregnancies and their children.
And regardless of what is done we will never be able to end it but pointing fingers, branding capital scarlett A's, and punishing people by making legal, safe abortion hard to obtain is not the answer.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:32 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Believe what you want. My thoughts are in line both with wanting to ensure abortion remains legal but also wanting people to take steps to make it much more rare. One of the problems with abortion discussions is that everyone wants to go to extremes and can’t seem to find any middle ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies