Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 09:46 PM

31,020 posts, read 22,059,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Considering how bad Democrats have shot themselves in the foot, Republicans now feel free to pass whatever extreme laws God or their far-right constituents tell them to. Only those states with an option for citizens to use the petitioning process to change things can do something about it, if there is no way many would vote for any Democrats. Before conservative move to a Red State, they better make sure the state doesn't have a petitioning process to overturn or create a new law. Kansas is an outstanding example of a Red State where doing that isn't allowed.

For example, as to how far extreme can go. In Oklahoma, a doctor who performs an abortion is subject to prison for up to 10 years and a $100,000 fine. In Iraq, the same penalty is only 1 year and 100 dinars fine.
Yep, so sad. The Dems have gone so batshet with support of BLM peaceful Riots, Radical Progressivism, Open Borders, demonizing All police except on Jan 6th, that us Non Religious, Pro Abortion, Pro LGBT Independants and Pubs will look the other way for some Religous and Right people get their way for a while What did you expect after the Lawlessness the Democrats party imposed on cities and towns across the country.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-17-2022 at 10:07 PM..

Old 04-17-2022, 10:06 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,052,579 times
This CRT thing is getting out of control. I've googled what examples DeSantis has for doing this but found nothing.

Old 04-17-2022, 10:23 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This CRT thing is getting out of control. I've googled what examples DeSantis has for doing this but found nothing.
Definitely not out of control. Let folks interested in having CRT taught to their kids attend a private schools that’ll teach it.

Old 04-17-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Guess CRT is a nothing burger then. Doesn't exist anywhere

In reality CRT is just based the US being founded on Racism, and saying systematic racism exist in every facet of our life; Legal system, educational system, work place, etc. Sounds pretty good and hard to deny It's a lot like BLM the slogan, right on Vs. BLM organizations, many were started by Marxist and Communists, ie. people who have screwed up every place in the world where they have gone. Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, Derrick Bell, Kimberlé Crenshaw, Richard Delgado, Mari J. Matsuda, really can't hide their Marxist background, as they preach it have all admitted to it. These people all have a background of hating White people, the Nuclear family, the evil male Patriarchy, or at least the system that "White people" supposedly created. Imagine that, not wanting to have people educating your children, adult or otherwise that despise you because you are White.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-17-2022 at 10:59 PM..

Old 04-17-2022, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Guess CRT is a nothing burger then. Doesn't exist anywhere

In reality CRT is just based the US being founded on Racism, and saying systematic racism exist in every facet of our life; Legal system, educational system, work placeetc. Sounds pretty good and hard to deny It's a lot like BLM the slogan, right on Vs. BLM organizations, many were started by Marxist and Communists, ie. people who have screwed up every place in the world. Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, Derrick Bell, Kimberlé Crenshaw, Richard Delgado, really can't hide their Marxist background, as they have all admitted to it. These people all have a background of hating White people or at least the system that "White" people supposedly created. I suppose they should also hate Marxism as that is also created by White people
The reality is.....it's a made up talking point by republicans. If this was such an issue then why didn't republicans focus on it earlier.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:20 PM

Quote:
The reality is.....it's a made up talking point by republicans. If this was such an issue then why didn't republicans focus on it earlier.
If it was made up, folks wouldn’t be fighting Republicans so hard to keep it, and folks that promote it wouldn’t get so angry about it being banned. Here’s just a few folks angry about it. https://nypost.com/2022/01/22/black-...heory-ban/amp/

Old 04-17-2022, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Definitely not out of control. Let folks interested in having CRT taught to their kids attend a private schools that’ll teach it.
I just got done reading material by Mari J. Matsuda, and Derrick Bell, founders of CRT, and they sound just like Lenin and Trotsky discussing Marxist theory

"Neil Gotanda, Phil Nash, and I were at the founding CRT meeting in Wisconsin in the ‘80s. We came out of the Third World Liberation tradition. We were schooled by Nisei radicals, like Yuri Kochiyama, and in my case, my Mom, to know that alliance with Black and Brown folks was critical to fighting racism, militarism, imperialism, and colonialism. They taught us to see the through line from the Middle Passage to My Lai. Of course, we were ready to develop a theory of racism as the core of American legal liberalism."

Love it how this supposed Scholar loves to talk about the US with respect to imperialism, and colonialism, but not a peep about Real Japanese imperialism, colonialism, and the 10 Million deaths "her people" caused to her supposed fellow Asians: Koreans, Vietnamese, Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos, and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war. No topic on the "Rape of Nanking" and the Japanese cruel treatment of Woman and children.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I just got done reading material by Mari J. Matsuda, and Derrick Bell, founders of CRT, and they sound just like Lenin and Trotsky discussing Marxist theory

"Neil Gotanda, Phil Nash, and I were at the founding CRT meeting in Wisconsin in the ‘80s. We came out of the Third World Liberation tradition. We were schooled by Nisei radicals, like Yuri Kochiyama, and in my case, my Mom, to know that alliance with Black and Brown folks was critical to fighting racism, militarism, imperialism, and colonialism. They taught us to see the through line from the Middle Passage to My Lai. Of course, we were ready to develop a theory of racism as the core of American legal liberalism."

Love it how this supposed Scholar loves to talk about the US with respect to imperialism, and colonialism, but not a peep about Real Japanese imperialism, colonialism, and the 10 Million deaths "her people" caused to her supposed fellow Asians: Koreans, Vietnamese, Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos, and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war. No topic on the "Rape of Nanking" and the Japanese cruel treatment of Woman and children.
And hilarious how the DeSantis haters try to insist it doesn’t exist.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Fine with me, even if it is "Made up", as that's what Dems do best. Like Made up White Nationalism being behind attacks on Asian people, over the last year, when almost every attack was by a Black man, often just released from jail or prison by Liberal Judges. I'm sure the CRT trained Marxist Mari Matsuda would probably say the Donold Trump encouraged Black people to Attack Asian people and throw them into the subway

Dems like Making things up, and swearing to it, Like fake Russian Collusion started by a Dossier paid for by Hillary Clinton, or perhaps Jussie Smollet lies, or the Covington high school lies, "All made up". Hell, Dems do it all the time and they have every major Media outlet swearing by it.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
If it was made up, folks wouldn’t be fighting Republicans so hard to keep it, and folks that promote it wouldn’t get so angry about it being banned. Here’s just a few folks angry about it. https://nypost.com/2022/01/22/black-...heory-ban/amp/
I want to know how CRT is taught in math books. Can you give me examples. And the article you cited didn't have any examples either. This is just part of our history and needs to be taught so we can learn from it and not make the same mistakes. This is why history is taught. I don't understand why many get so upset over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies