Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 02:28 PM

18,457 posts, read 8,287,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
These book bans show that the Right hates free speech and will fight against it with every fiber of their being.

Conservatives want to be told what to do and think and not allow others freedom of thought and action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
wasn't it the left that was screaming about prayer and the pledge of allegiance being in schools....

...something about indoctrination...grooming

Old 04-17-2022, 02:29 PM

25,745 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
These book bans show that the Right hates free speech and will fight against it with every fiber of their being.

Conservatives want to be told what to do and think and not allow others freedom of thought and action.
We're talking about little kids here. Anyone who thinks sexualizing kids school text books, & teaching CRT in them, is just plain not right.

Sexualizing Disney stuff is just as sick.

What is this, rise of the pedophiles? Is the uber-left really a bunch of pedo's?

Old 04-17-2022, 02:31 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
I think I like Florida more and more every day. Thank God for Governor Ron DeSantis and the other sane political leadership in the state.

Old 04-17-2022, 02:33 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:

States have every right to set choose which topics will and won't be covered in their curriculum/text books. This has always been the case, whether in blue states or in red states. I highly doubt that you'd call any state disallowing books praising Holocaust Denial as hating free speech. Bottom line is that the state is not forced to adopt or buy any book. If the citizens of a state don't like these moves, they are free to elect different leadership who will allow certain topics. Something tells me that the people of Florida are more than happy with many of these moves we are reading about today

Old 04-17-2022, 02:35 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
We're talking about little kids here.
Actually, the TX stuff involves the public library. The threads on conservative censorship were merged.

Old 04-17-2022, 02:39 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveIt View Post
Books should be on shelves but doesn't mean they should be taught.
The TX stuff is about the Public Library and mentions public libraries in other states.

Quote:
Most liberals would say some do not belong on shelves - therein lies the political discourse and the true nature of fascism.
You'll have to explain that one. You lost me.

Quote:
I want all books available but that doesn't mean they should be mandated on my child's reading list.
Please see above. We're talking about public libraries.

Quote:
A movement that started in schools has rapidly expanded to public libraries, accounting for 37 percent of book challenges last year, according to the American Library Association. Conservative activists in several states, including Texas, Montana and Louisiana have joined forces with like-minded officials to dissolve libraries’ governing bodies, rewrite or delete censorship protections, and remove books outside of official challenge procedures.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ks-censorship/

Old 04-17-2022, 02:42 PM

25,745 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Actually, the TX stuff involves the public library. The threads on conservative censorship were merged.
Thx for letting me know...I thought everyone had become pro pedophelia all of the sudden.

I don't like sexualized children's books in TX public libraries either, so call me a prude. I'll leave that up to Texans though...I'm from Florida.

Old 04-17-2022, 02:56 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
outrage over something called CRT has been manufactured by the rightwing and blown way out of proportion

i cant explain the mind of right-wingers, its a mystery...but they are very sensitive
Uh,no. My 16 year old grandson said a teacher was instructing them that white people were born evil. A local teacher said that the Dept. of Education was offering grants to schools who teach CRT.

Old 04-17-2022, 03:05 PM

19,799 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
This book has been adopted by many school districts for teaching guides/resources for mathematics:
https://www.verityweekly.com/wp-cont...on-640x454.jpg

Some key points of the book
* Math is racist.

* Correction is a demonstration of white supremacy

* It is acceptable to have more than one answer to a problem.

Then there are the actual textbooks for school kids that reflect/reinforce this agenda to undermine mathematics. So GOOD for Florida for keeping these poisonous books out of schools!

So, yeah, the denial game by the woke left is pure BS.

All of the denial, distortion and dissembling that matters per this context is from the left.

Old 04-17-2022, 03:37 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Quote:
My kid was in line for lunch and let a girl he liked cut in front of him. Another male who claims he is female (or gay - he isn't quite sure but knows he is something different) told my son to let him in to and he said no. He said why and he said you aren't a girl and my 10 year old son had to go to the office.
I would have gone down to school and let them know how I felt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies