Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 12:56 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times

Advertisements

Exxon bans BLM and LGBTQ flags at headquarters

Is this one of the first steps on the long road to the return of sanity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 01:00 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Hopefully.

The insane left have had a free ride for almost two decades where every political or social view they have, must be validated, supported and promoted by everyone, including their employers, businesses and corporations. Furthermore, if the left discover someone is not doing all the above to validate their views, then that person or group must be punished and banned from participating in society. The left are truly fascists.

Comedian Jerry Seinfeld saw this a decade before the left went off the rails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iV8X8ubGCc

Old 04-23-2022, 01:05 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Someone trigger the outrage mechanism.

Last edited by PullMyFinger; 04-23-2022 at 01:24 PM..

Old 04-23-2022, 01:08 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Once again. They did not ban the flags at headquarters. They will not be displayed on company flag poles.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:24 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,265,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No other flags are going up as I don't want to be the target of protests or boycotts from my diverse customer base.
Right, but the conundrum of today's politics is that the mere act of _not_ displaying a flag can leave on as a target of protests or boycotts. It's the promulgation of the notion of "yer either fer us, or 'gainst us" (just look at the notion of an anti-racist ).

Old 04-23-2022, 01:31 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
...people today would rather know where companies stand on the issues.
Absolutely not. At least nobody I know. Intelligent people wish to have a quality product at a fair price from a company. And that is where it ends. When that company decides to align with a force that wishes to destroy western civilization... well, then it becomes a problem.

Most "woke" companies I know of have gone downhill since becoming woke--meaning the quality of their product has diminished and they don't even care that the quality of their product has diminished. That is a company whose products I will avoid, regardless of whether their "political/social stance" aligns with mine or not. I don't want to hear politics and social stances from manufacturers. In fact the only reason I am quite "militant" with my own stances is because you guys on the left insist on force-feeding your politics to everyone else. If not for that, I wouldn't even think about this stuff.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:35 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
...people today would rather know where companies stand on the issues.
Absolutely not. At least nobody I know. Intelligent people wish to have a quality product at a fair price from a company. And that is where it ends.

Most "woke" companies I know of have gone downhill since becoming woke--meaning the quality of their product has diminished and they don't even care that the quality of their product has diminished. That is a company whose products I will avoid, regardless of whether their "political/social stance" aligns with mine or not. I don't want to hear politics and social stances from manufacturers. In fact they only reason I am quite "militant" with my own stances is because you guys on the left insist on force-feeding your politics to everyone else. If not for that, I wouldn't even think about this stuff. Y'all could have any crazy notions in your head you like; the problem comes along when you insist on exporting your nonsense to me.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:43 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
What do think is more important - Virtue signaling like Disney? OR advocating and getting full corporate benefits for spouses in same sex marriages? Disney doesn’t provide health benefits to spouses - apparently they are not quite as Social Justice as many think.

Just Corporations? What about Unions, secret PAC’s and Lobby groups?

Thanks. I should have included those, too.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:52 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
I put $72 in my tank yesterday at an Exxon station in Wenatchee, WA. Most affordable station in town, and seeing this thread makes me feel just that much better about my choice for fuel. May they prosper for a long time to come.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:01 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Meh. Their house, their rules.
It’s funny to see militant libs start distancing themselves from BLM terrorists and the LGBQXYZ mob.

Hitched your horses to the wrong wagons and now it’s all blowing up in your face lololololol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies