Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2022, 02:21 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
It's not even that women these days are only interested in Chads™ or that they only want Alpha Males™, or that they're all chasing the "Top 1, 5, 10, or 20 percent" of guys. It's just that they increasingly don't care.

A MAJORITY of single women in America are not looking for marriage, a committed relationship, or casual sex. They're just not interested.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...last-10-years/

This study is right in line with my IRL observations.

And this study was done in 2019, pre-Covid. I'm sure it's significantly worse now.
Some interesting info:

"...A plurality of those who are married, living with a partner or in a committed romantic relationship say they first met their spouse or partner through friends or family (32%). Smaller shares say they met through work (18%) or school (17%), and still fewer met their partner online (12%).

While relatively small shares of partnered adults first met their partner online, some groups are more likely to have done so. About one-in-five partnered adults ages 18 to 29 (21%) say they met their partner online, compared with 15% or fewer among their older counterparts. And LGB adults are far more likely to have first met their partner online than straight adults (28% vs. 11%).

Overall, three-in-ten adults say they have used an online dating site or app, and a majority (57%) of those users say their experiences with online dating were positive. Most also say it was easy to find people they were physically attracted to and who shared their hobbies and interests...."

Old 06-02-2022, 06:19 PM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except the kids didn't do anything to deserve having parents who didn't marry.
Yes, of course it is not the kids 'fault' BUT it is attitudes from adults which make the actions (whatever they are) either perceived as 'good' or 'bad', 'right' or 'wrong'. Kids dont normally judge unless they have been conditioned by the adults they live with.

Now, this usually comes from a belief system such as a religion, but you have to understand where this belief system 'opinion' or doctorine comes from - it comes from a place of control. If you control the adults in your group, then you also control the kids and that gives you more power because what you say (as the authority) is given more weight. Kids are the futures members of the group.

Old 06-02-2022, 06:40 PM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Every once in a while, I'll watch an episode of 90 Day Fiancé just because it's interesting to watch the inevitable clash of cultures. It's a reality show based on US citizens seeking to marry a foreigner and bring them to the US. Once the foreigner is in the US, the couple has 90 days to get married or the foreigner gets deported.

Without exception, ALL of the foreign female fiancés assume their American future husband is rich, and they become quite demanding of having a LOT of money spent on them. Well... they aren't rich. They're just looking abroad because American women aren't interested in them. You should see the temper tantrums these women throw when they find out they're NOT going to get the life of luxury they expected and to which they fully believe they're entitled.

I think it says a lot about the men seeking foreign women - in that they expect someone else to come to their country where they dont know anyone, dont know the culture, dont have their family around them and are uprooted from their work. These women are TOTALLY dependent on the man for their survival (which is the human number one motivator) and this dependency can lead to resentment if they are not treated right. It is almost as if these men think the women should be willing to do this if they are not willing to do the same.

I believe the men seeking foreign brides have no idea how isolated and lonely these women feel when the whole of their life has been uprooted to be with these men. It is hardly surprising relationships do not last long under these circumstances. I think the TV show should take American men and put them in the same circumstances and see how long they last with the massive change in culture, the change in family values, the language problem. I think it would be good cross-cultural experience to do this and would make the men much more likely to find (American) partners due to them being more worldly, be more flexible and able to adapt better.

This sounds like a rant, but every time I see the attitudes expressed about foreign brides, I see that those expressing these opinions do not understand and appreciate the huge impact of culture, education, and upbringing on us all.

Old 06-02-2022, 06:55 PM

2,047 posts, read 858,480 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48R7...ature=youtu.be

Everyone, but most specifically American women should watch this video. Yes it’s gonna ruffle their feathers a bit but it’s really the truth. How out of touch with reality things have become in the dating world. If you were a traditional minded American male you are absolutely out of your mind to consider marriage these days. It’s just simply not worth it. And no this is not a bash on women it’s just a reality check Of where we are today and how things have evolved.

And by the way, the woman who speaks in the video is a renown relationship counselor.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:20 PM

25,769 posts, read 18,826,754 times
With all the crap going on all around us every day, it's hard for me to believe this thread is still plugging along. Goes to show where priorities are these days.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:40 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,758 times
98 pages. Got a date yet?

In that amount of time I could have lost 30lbs, added 75 lbs to my bench press, gotten a tan, bought some new clothes and whitened my teeth. But I didn't. Because I'm an old married guy and I don't have to. If I was single though I'd be laser focused on putting an end to that awful horniness by making myself less disgusting. Chop chop!

Old 06-02-2022, 08:59 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
If you were a traditional minded American male you are absolutely out of your mind to consider marriage these days. It’s just simply not worth it. And no this is not a bash on women it’s just a reality check Of where we are today and how things have evolved.
Isn't it surprising that, in spite of all this, most Americans still end up getting married and having kids at some point in their lives?

Also, married people are usually considerably wealthier than single people.

It seems that life has certain laws which you can't change no matter how hard you try.

Old 06-02-2022, 09:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Isn't it surprising that, in spite of all this, most Americans still end up getting married and having kids at some point in their lives?

Also, married people are usually considerably wealthier than single people.

It seems that life has certain laws which you can't change no matter how hard you try.
No wonder why. Good looking guys come a dime a dozen. So do good looking women. That is how they make their very first great impression.

Old 06-02-2022, 09:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Because some guys can't get a date?
Yes, and such guys can't even get a dance when they ask a girl for one at a night club. But the same girl screams like silly with a YES! when a hot looking guy asks her.

Old 06-02-2022, 10:09 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No wonder why. Good looking guys come a dime a dozen. So do good looking women. That is how they make their very first great impression.
There’s a huge amount of non good looking guys and women getting married. Sounds like folks need to lower their standards instead of thinking they’re entitled to date or marry someone that doesn’t find them good looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies