Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2022, 01:01 PM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No one seems to be mentioning men around here.

And I'd really like to know what hat you pulled that stat out of - I'm guessing it's completely untrue. Between women being coerced, and birth control failing.
We are told by those in this forum that women have complete control over their uterus. Why should men be involved in the discussion then?

Old 05-05-2022, 01:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
This one is on the ladies. If you want it to remain legal you better vote . That's it. Elections matter.
And that's why these crowds are filled with almost 100% women protesting. Because regardless of whether it takes "two to tango", the men aren't all that interested in this issue, except of course to pass laws denying the right to productive choice, and also aren't all that interested in wearing condoms or other birth control that they'd be the ones to be responsible for.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
We are told by those in this forum that women have complete control over their uterus. Why should men be involved in the discussion then?
Did you respond to the wrong post?

Women WANT control, and are being denied.

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
And I'd really like to know what hat you pulled that stat out of - I'm guessing it's completely untrue. Between women being coerced, and birth control failing.
Nope. All true. They've LONG been discussed in the numerous other abortion threads. Though people are somewhat taken aback by the facts. They do indeed appear to make women look really, really stupid, or highly irresponsible - at best.

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, there is NO state that is planning on banning abortion. I honestly don't get why the left just can't understand that. Why the completely unnecessary hystrionics for something that isn’t even happening?
Quote:
It helps to not be so pedantic. Look at the effect of the restrictive laws... how do they affect women in real life?

If a law says no abortions after 6 weeks, then a woman who doesn't know she is pregnant until the 7th week is SOL. Abortion has effectively been banned for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If she doesn't want to be pregnant, why is she negligent about her own reproductive health?
We are not discussing BC here. If she is pregnant in Texas and doesn't discover it until week 7, can she get an abortion under Texas law? Does Texas allow her to get an abortion in Texas?

Old 05-05-2022, 01:04 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Of course, that's very true, but you refuse to accept it as true that states are passing extreme regulations against abortion that come close to a near ban.
There is NO state that bans abortion.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:05 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Yes. And making it a federal crime to use interstate US Postal Service to transport them to states that ban abortion.
That would have to go through congress and that is not happening anytime soon.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:06 PM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Did you respond to the wrong post?

Women WANT control, and are being denied.
Tell that to the lib who is saying it then.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Because they desire to control women along with the women who agree. I don't see why any man should try to control any woman's reproductive decision unless it's his kid and he wants it but the woman wants to abort it. Yet, the woman should have the final word, since she has to carry the kid and accept all risks.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:09 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Look up what tantamount means. The law isn’t a full on ban, but due to the timelines imposed it may as well be. Like I said, women with the means will go to other States. And there’s not a darn thing Texas can do about it. Not your State, not your choice.

The Texas law was enacted with Roe v Wade still the ruling in place. That is all going to change if R v W is repealed. There are already several trigger laws on the books in about a dozen states that kick in as soon as R v W is repealed. Most will ban all abortion outside of the mothers life being in danger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies