Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 03:13 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That’s exactly what makes abortion complicated. The decision to terminate one’s pregnancy only allows one person’s belief or decision to stand and that decision has a very big impact on the life of the other human involved who has zero say in the matter.

If only it were as simple as just each person choosing what is best for them.
Yep. This isn't just about the life of the mother at issue here. If it was, the debate would be an easy one.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:15 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Surely it's not a stretch to suggest the circumstances between a pregnancy and an organ donor are extraordinarily different.
If that's what this argument is reduced to, God help us.

I knew nihilism was becoming more and more pervasive in our society, but it may be worse than I thought.
That is exactly what pregnancy is. Nourishing the development of another person using the resources of the mother's body.

You can categorize it any way you want, but that is what a pregnant woman's body is doing.

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I can evict a squatter from my property. I can shoot and kill someone who enters my house without my permission.

It has nothing to do with moral virtue, and everything to do with bodily autonomy.
And I'm sure you do.

What's your body count?

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
"NOBODY has the right to use your body against your will, even to save their life, or the life of another person. That's it. That's the argument."

I agree
I'm now a Republican and I support abortion, but with the Democrat party not really knowing the difference between a man and a woman, they really don't have an argument!

Old 05-04-2022, 03:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"NOBODY has the right to use your body against your will, even to save their life, or the life of another person. That's it. That's the argument."

I agree
I'm now a Republican and I support abortion, but with the Democrat party not really knowing the difference between a man and a woman, they really don't have an argument!
Why? It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman you should not be required to use your own body to keep another person alive. Bodily autonomy should apply to all people.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:21 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
That is exactly what pregnancy is. Nourishing the development of another person using the resources of the mother's body.

You can categorize it any way you want, but that is what a pregnant woman's body is doing.
It’s actually mutually beneficial. Carrying a pregnancy to term reduces risk of several cancers for mom. Breastfeeding does as well. It’s not a one way relationship.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:24 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s actually mutually beneficial. Carrying a pregnancy to term reduces risk of several cancers for mom. Breastfeeding does as well. It’s not a one way relationship.
Yeah, so does exercising and eating healthy. You want someone coming over and forcing you to do that?

We need control over our own bodies.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-04-2022, 03:25 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
Everyone's body is their choice what they want to do with it: I'm pro choice when it comes to both abortion and Covid vaccines.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:25 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Ok great then. Fathers/mothers don’t have to use their bodies against their will to make money for child support payments. Or even to raise that child for that matter.
What happens if I refuse to use my body to pay off taxes? The government can lock it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
A great deal of them do that now.
Typically, not legally though.

Equal rights might imply that men could choose against fatherhood.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:26 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,764,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I can donate blood in an hour walk out and have no negative lasting effects for the donation. Compared to pregnancy and childbirth which can and do cause lasting medical issues even death.

Neither should be forced.
Well then, don't get pregnant.
And to the dude, if he doesn't want to support a child and be a father, don't get a girl pregnant.

Look at the world around you. Has life without consequences made the country a better place? Not that I can tell, but of course it's never been perfect either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies