Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 03:28 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,762,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
That is exactly what pregnancy is. Nourishing the development of another person using the resources of the mother's body.

You can categorize it any way you want, but that is what a pregnant woman's body is doing.
Great, except there's this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The unborn child was created by a deliberate act by the woman (except in the case of rape).

Old 05-04-2022, 03:30 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Great, except there's this:
You all keep this up and guys will never get laid.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-04-2022, 03:30 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Well then, don't get pregnant.
And to the dude, if he doesn't want to support a child and be a father, don't get a girl pregnant.

Look at the world around you. Has life without consequences made the country a better place? Not that I can tell, but of course it's never been perfect either.
Do you take that stance with other medical decisions?

Sorry you need insulin, but you can't have it since you are obese.
Sorry you need chemo, but you can't have it since you smoke.
Sorry you need to have your bones set, but you were speeding and got in a wreck.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:31 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, so does exercising and eating healthy. You want someone coming over and forcing you to do that?

We need control over our own bodies.
I’m pro choice at least up until the first trimester and in cases where the mother’s life is in danger. That doesn’t mean I will pretend that abortion does not involve the taking of a human life because it absolutely does. I also won’t pretend that the fetus is just like a parasite and is just taking from the mom without giving anything in return.

It’s factual that the baby and mother have a mutually beneficial, symbiotic relationship during pregnancy and beyond. Denying that or glossing over it just to support mom’s right to abort is not something that interests me. You can support abortion rights while still being real about what a pregnancy and an abortion is.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:33 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m pro choice at least up until the first trimester and in cases where the mother’s life is in danger. That doesn’t mean I will pretend that abortion does not involve the taking of a human life because it absolutely does. I also won’t pretend that the fetus is just like a parasite and is just taking from the mom without giving anything in return.

It’s factual that the baby and mother have a mutually beneficial, symbiotic relationship during pregnancy and beyond. Denying that or glossing over it just to support mom’s right to abort is not something that interests me. You can support abortion rights while still being real about what a pregnancy and an abortion is.
And that is your belief, and I support your right to have beliefs that apply to yourself.

Please extend the same rights to others who beliefs differ.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-04-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
And some women are sick for 9 months. Some women lose bladder control after pregnancy. Others die in childbirth. The 2 way street is not guaranteed.

The topic is about the pregnant woman's body being used to nourish another, which can be by choice or against her will.
When you are a fertile women and you have sex, you can get pregnant. The fetus doesn’t magically get in the mom’s womb without her taking actions to make that happen. We are mammals. The way this whole argument is framed is inhumane.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And that is your belief, and I support your right to have beliefs that apply to yourself.

Please extend the same rights to others who beliefs differ.

I’m not squashing anyone’s rights here. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:36 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
This came in my twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/NickLucid/status...wuv6BC3Btiqc7Q

He has a science youtube channel, which I enjoy watching. I thought he made a good point in this tweet.

For those of you who can't read the tweet, this is what it says:
that's an idiotic tweet, but I'm sure he appreciates you following his Youtube so he can monetize it.

The argument he makes would hold true IF:

Women were forced to have an abortion.
Women were forced to register, and once determined to have conceived, then all were forced to deliver the child.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:37 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
When you are a fertile women and you have sex, you can get pregnant. The fetus doesn’t magically get in the mom’s womb without her taking actions to make that happen. We are mammals. The way this whole argument is framed is inhumane.
What is inhumane about acknowledging that a pregnant woman's body is nourishing another?

Old 05-04-2022, 03:38 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
and frankly, the fact that we DON'T require the man that produced the sperm to also agree to an abortion, except in the cases of criminal acts, is the actual tell of how MUCH autonomy women do have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies