Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 03:39 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
What is inhumane about acknowledging that a pregnant woman's body is nourishing another?
The baby also provides benefits to the mother’s body. It’s a give and take relationship. It’s actually pretty fascinating.

What’s inhumane is the idea that a fetus is simply a squatter who showed up in mom’s uterus uninvited and should be neutralized.

bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m pro choice at least up until the first trimester and in cases where the mother’s life is in danger. That doesn’t mean I will pretend that abortion does not involve the taking of a human life because it absolutely does. I also won’t pretend that the fetus is just like a parasite and is just taking from the mom without giving anything in return.

It’s factual that the baby and mother have a mutually beneficial, symbiotic relationship during pregnancy and beyond. Denying that or glossing over it just to support mom’s right to abort is not something that interests me. You can support abortion rights while still being real about what a pregnancy and an abortion is.
Mississippi's law limits it at 15 weeks.

sub

4,963 posts, read 3,764,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you take that stance with other medical decisions?

Sorry you need insulin, but you can't have it since you are obese.
Sorry you need chemo, but you can't have it since you smoke.
Sorry you need to have your bones set, but you were speeding and got in a wreck.
Again, reducing pregnancy to just another medical condition is absurd.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:40 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
No, it is just that many pro choice people believe that no one should be required to use their bodies in any way that they do not consent to. I'v had the same opinion for years and you can check my posts on the topic.
so...you're against all forms of vaccine mandates as well?

Old 05-04-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Mississippi's law limits it at 15 weeks.

Same for Florida and I am OK with 12 weeks or 15 weeks. I’m not cool with up to birth which is what NY and CO and CA decided. I won’t fight it but I thinks abysmal.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:42 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,826,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
Who the f is for vaccine mandates except for the wokest moron liberals?

Old 05-04-2022, 03:43 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m pro choice at least up until the first trimester and in cases where the mother’s life is in danger. That doesn’t mean I will pretend that abortion does not involve the taking of a human life because it absolutely does. I also won’t pretend that the fetus is just like a parasite and is just taking from the mom without giving anything in return.

It’s factual that the baby and mother have a mutually beneficial, symbiotic relationship during pregnancy and beyond. Denying that or glossing over it just to support mom’s right to abort is not something that interests me. You can support abortion rights while still being real about what a pregnancy and an abortion is.
What is mutually beneficial about loss of bladder control, or calcium depletion, or gestational diabetes, or weak pelvic floor, or a higher risk of heart disease if you had gestational diabetes. There is a long list of life long health problems that can be caused by pregnancy and child birth.

No one should be forced to take those risks against their will.

Glossing over the very real medical issues, and lack of affordable medical care in the US, to paint a rosy picture of a beneficial symbiotic relationship is not a good way to make a point.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:43 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Do you take that stance with other medical decisions?

Sorry you need insulin, but you can't have it since you are obese.
Sorry you need chemo, but you can't have it since you smoke.
Sorry you need to have your bones set, but you were speeding and got in a wreck.
Pregnancy is not a disease.

Good lord some people need biology class.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
What is mutually beneficial about loss of bladder control, or calcium depletion, or gestational diabetes, or weak pelvic floor, or a higher risk of heart disease if you had gestational diabetes. There is a long list of life long health problems that can be caused by pregnancy and child birth.

No one should be forced to take those risks against their will.

Glossing over the very real medical issues, and lack of affordable medical care in the US, to paint a rosy picture of a beneficial symbiotic relationship is not a good way to make a point.
You don’t understand the complexity of pregnancy. You only focus on the negatives. Sad.

Very few people are forced into pregnancy. My utmost sympathy for those who are.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:45 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
May I refer you to this thread? It's quite lively.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...odies-but.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies