Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 03:02 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You copied that post verbatim.

And it's an idiotic post.

I wouldn't try to take credit for it. Good grief.

You are stating that you can't tell the difference between bone marrow and baby.

Let me hold up 2 pictures: Can you identity which is an ultrasound of a baby and which is bone marrow?

[suspenseful silence]
Please quote where I quoted that verbatim. While you're at it look up my past statements that were made long before this tweet.

You seem to not understand. You are not forced to donate bone marrow to keep another person alive even if they would certainly die without it. The same way that a pregnant woman should not be forced to use her blood, organs, tissues etc to keep a fetus alive. Even if that fetus was to be considered a person that makes no difference since no person is required to use their own body, organs, blood, tissues, etc to keep another person alive.

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Everyone's beliefs should be valid, for themselves, not to impose on others.
This. 1000 times this.

sub

4,963 posts, read 3,764,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It wouldn't matter if fetuses were considered persons. Other people can not demand to use your body to keep their own alive without your consent, and consent can be removed at any time. No one can force you to donate organs to keep another person from dying. No one can even force you to give blood to keep another person alive. Even corpses have bodily autonomy over if their organs are donated or not. One corpse can keep a dozen people from dying with organ donations and you have the right to deny the use of your body.

If a fetus is not a person then it has no right to use someone elses body either. Personhood doesn't equal the right to use other persons bodies as you so choose.
Surely it's not a stretch to suggest the circumstances between a pregnancy and an organ donor are extraordinarily different.
If that's what this argument is reduced to, God help us.

I knew nihilism was becoming more and more pervasive in our society, but it may be worse than I thought.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:06 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Please quote where I quoted that verbatim. While you're at it look up my past statements that were made long before this tweet.

You seem to not understand. You are not forced to donate bone marrow to keep another person alive even if they would certainly die without it. The same way that a pregnant woman should not be forced to use her blood, organs, tissues etc to keep a fetus alive. Even if that fetus was to be considered a person that makes no difference since no person is required to use their own body, organs, blood, tissues, etc to keep another person alive.
You can repeat it a billion times.

It doesn't make it a legitimate argument. For anything.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:07 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
This came in my twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/NickLucid/status...wuv6BC3Btiqc7Q

He has a science youtube channel, which I enjoy watching. I thought he made a good point in this tweet.

For those of you who can't read the tweet, this is what it says:
The unborn child was created by a deliberate act by the woman (except in the case of rape).

Old 05-04-2022, 03:09 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Why can't a fetus claim squatter's rights? Unless she was raped the mother let the little human in to her body.

I am pro-abortion but these attempts to try to paint it as a moral virtue are gross. At best it's a necessary evil.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Surely it's not a stretch to suggest the circumstances between a pregnancy and an organ donor are extraordinarily different.
If that's what this argument is reduced to, God help us.

I knew nihilism was becoming more and more pervasive in our society, but it may be worse than I thought.
I can donate blood in an hour walk out and have no negative lasting effects for the donation. Compared to pregnancy and childbirth which can and do cause lasting medical issues even death.

Neither should be forced.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:10 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,764,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The unborn child was created by a deliberate act by the woman (except in the case of rape).
Well, yeah, there's that too.
Except in the case of rape, whether or not it was carelessness or an accident, she and some dude made the decision to take that risk. They both need to take ownership of their actions at that point.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:11 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Everyone's beliefs should be valid, for themselves, not to impose on others.
That’s exactly what makes abortion complicated. The decision to terminate one’s pregnancy only allows one person’s belief or decision to stand and that decision has a very big impact on the life of the other human involved who has zero say in the matter.

If only it were as simple as just each person choosing what is best for them.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Why can't a fetus claim squatter's rights? Unless she was raped the mother let the little human in to her body.

I am pro-abortion but these attempts to try to paint it as a moral virtue are gross. At best it's a necessary evil.
I can evict a squatter from my property. I can shoot and kill someone who enters my house without my permission.

It has nothing to do with moral virtue, and everything to do with bodily autonomy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies