Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 02:46 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
A great deal of them do that now.
And with access to terminate pregnancies those numbers will grow.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-04-2022, 02:51 PM

18,412 posts, read 19,066,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Against the law though and that’s what matters.
Illegal or not men still skip out on child support. Banning abortion only stops safe abortions it doesn’t stop abortion.

sub

4,963 posts, read 3,783,405 times
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the thing, guys. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter when life begins. It doesn't matter whether a fetus is a human being or not.

That entire argument is a red herring, a distraction, a subjective and unwinnable argument that could not matter less. It doesn't matter whether we are talking about a fertilized egg, or a fetus, or a baby, or a 5 year old, or a Nobel Peace Price winning pediatric oncologist.

NOBODY has the right to use your body against your will, even to save their life, or the life of another person. That's it. That's the argument.

You cannot be forced to donate blood, or marrow, or organs, even thought thousands die every year on waiting lists. They cannot even harvest your organs after your death without your explicit, written, pre-mortem permission.

Denying women the right to abortion means we have less bodily autonomy than a corpse.

First, we're talking two bodies, at least, not one. That's what a huge percentage of the population believes and their beliefs are just as valid as anyone else's.
So, whose bodily rights override the other? That's the debate Roe doesn't address.
Have that debate in congress.
Define what personhood is, legally.
Decide when it is and is not okay to terminate the future person or the current person.
Pass laws.
Make sure they are constitutional.
Till then, expect collective frustration from both sides.
Come to think of it, pro-choicers should be thankful if Roe gets overturned. Perhaps we can properly figure this all this out for once.

Secondly, vaccines of all sorts, we barely have autonomy with those, if at all. Without looking it up, I'm going to guess the youtuber could care less about that. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

26,660 posts, read 13,789,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I guess this rule wasn't in effect when they were forcing shots on people with threat of loss of their jobs / careers.
Of course not. Choice is only valid for abortion.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:52 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,975,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No, it is just that many pro choice people believe that no one should be required to use their bodies in any way that they do not consent to. I'v had the same opinion for years and you can check my posts on the topic.
You copied that post verbatim.

And it's an idiotic post.

I wouldn't try to take credit for it. Good grief.

You are stating that you can't tell the difference between bone marrow and baby.

Let me hold up 2 pictures: Can you identity which is an ultrasound of a baby and which is bone marrow?

[suspenseful silence]

Old 05-04-2022, 02:55 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,620,275 times
Tell that to the government that makes me pay taxes.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 05-04-2022, 02:57 PM

52,790 posts, read 34,678,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
WTH are you talking about? Nobody is suggesting using anyone's body against their will. Whoever wrote that moronic tweet is going to pull a muscle from all of those spectacular mental gymnastics.
rofl. indeed.

the sad thing is that anyone thought "wow, that's brilliant!'

Old 05-04-2022, 02:58 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
First, we're talking two bodies, at least, not one. At least that's what a huge percentage of the population believes and their beliefs are just as valid as anyone else's.
So, whose bodily rights override the other? That's the debate Roe doesn't address.
Have that debate in congress.
Define what personhood is, legally.
Decide when it is and is not okay to terminate the future person or the current person.
Pass laws.
Make sure they are constitutional.
Till then, expect collective frustration from both sides.
Come to think of it, pro-choicers should be thankful if Roe gets overturned. Perhaps we can properly figure this all this out for once.

Secondly, vaccines of all sorts, we barely have autonomy with those, if at all. Without looking it up, I'm going to guess the youtuber could care less about that. If I'm wrong, I apologize.
It wouldn't matter if fetuses were considered persons. Other people can not demand to use your body to keep their own alive without your consent, and consent can be removed at any time. No one can force you to donate organs to keep another person from dying. No one can even force you to give blood to keep another person alive. Even corpses have bodily autonomy over if their organs are donated or not. One corpse can keep a dozen people from dying with organ donations and you have the right to deny the use of your body.

If a fetus is not a person then it has no right to use someone elses body either. Personhood doesn't equal the right to use other persons bodies as you so choose.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:00 PM

5,121 posts, read 2,172,860 times
Said the blue haired leftist hostess who won't let you into your favorite restaurant because you've opted not to get vaxxed.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:00 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Everyone's beliefs should be valid, for themselves, not to impose on others.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies