Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 07:48 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
If a Republican really wants “more freedom” yet is against abortion, they’re hypocritical misogynists. Full stop.
Not only is that not a full stop, it's a complete detour in the wrong the direction. You are taking away the baby's freedom, a human being, if you kill it inside the womb, Full Stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 07:50 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Not only is that not a full stop, it's a complete detour in the wrong the direction. You are taking away the baby's freedom, a human being, if you kill it inside the womb, Full Stop.

Republicans are all about more control - not more "freedom". It's the freedom that they fear.

Old 05-10-2022, 07:52 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Republicans are all about more control - not more "freedom". It's the freedom that they fear.
It's funny that the ONLY freedom our friends on the left seem to support is the freedom to murder other humans for convenience.

Old 05-10-2022, 07:55 AM

18,498 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Thanks to Democrat overreach, the Republicans will probably gain majorities in congress in November. Then they will interpret their win as a mandate and overreach. Eventually there will be a backlash and the Democrats will be back in charge. Then they will overreach, and the cycle will repeat again.

That’s how it’s been for at least two decades.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Says the communist who wants to indoctrinate and groom school children without any parental input and to raise taxes for 5 Trillion dollar "Build Back Better" make-work programs for unemployed grad school majors in lesbian dance theory

Old 05-10-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Thanks to Democrat overreach, the Republicans will probably gain majorities in congress in November. Then they will interpret their win as a mandate and overreach. Eventually there will be a backlash and the Democrats will be back in charge. Then they will overreach, and the cycle will repeat again.

That’s how it’s been for at least two decades.
Finally someone who gets it, this is exactly what is going to happen. I'm hoping DeSantis breaks the cycle by abolishing most of the Federal government (DOE, HUD, DHS, CIA, FBI, etc...) so that it won't matter who is in congress anymore because the Federal government won't have authoritarian power to wield over people anyone.

Return power to the states

Old 05-10-2022, 08:23 AM

18,498 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Finally someone who gets it, this is exactly what is going to happen. I'm hoping DeSantis breaks the cycle by abolishing most of the Federal government (DOE, HUD, DHS, CIA, FBI, etc...) so that it won't matter who is in congress anymore because the Federal government won't have authoritarian power to wield over people anyone.

Return power to the states
I don’t advocate the abolition of the federal government. That’s pretty extreme.

Historically, the federal government was the only thing protecting certain groups of people from harm. There were no state laws to protect them.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I don’t advocate the abolition of the federal government. That’s pretty extreme.
I don't either, I advocate the slashing and reduction of it to the smallest possible level.

We need a referee, not a tyrant

So keep the FTC, SEC, FDA, etc agencies that need to apply rules and minimal regulation.

But others like the Department of Homeland Security is complete garbage. It's being used to spy on its own citizens and put political opponents on no fly lists. Separate out USCIS/border patrol back out and get rid of the rest, as an example

Old 05-10-2022, 08:43 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
I don't either, I advocate the slashing and reduction of it to the smallest possible level.

We need a referee, not a tyrant

So keep the FTC, SEC, FDA, etc agencies that need to apply rules and minimal regulation.

But others like the Department of Homeland Security is complete garbage. It's being used to spy on its own citizens and put political opponents on no fly lists. Separate out USCIS/border patrol back out and get rid of the rest, as an example
Agreed. Although the Democrats lean the way of tyranny.

Old 05-11-2022, 04:38 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
Quote:
Says the communist who wants to indoctrinate and groom school children without any parental input and to raise taxes for 5 Trillion dollar "Build Back Better" make-work programs for unemployed grad school majors in lesbian dance theory

Says the Fascist who wants to burn books and whip a minority (yes a minority) of Americans to hate their neighbors who might disagree with their politics while suspending the constitution so that their candidate can win when every court in the nation said he (they) didn't. Truth doesn't matter only what "side" you are on - apparently.

BTW - I have no idea what you are referring to (I guess I should watch more Fox and OAN so I am better "informed".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies