Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 02:46 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The issue of water shortages in the west is real, driven much because of the years long drought, climate change, and the propensity to grow high water use luxury agriculture like almonds and avocados.

The USA is much more than one region. How many people are needed? I am not that expert, however, many economic forecasts show that many more are needed.

Canada has 401,000 immigrants come in 2021. On a per capita basis, that is 4 times the amount the USA takes in.

In addition, Canada takes in 3 times the number of refugees, in raw actual numbers, than the USA does. It is doing its fair share. So, Canada encourages more immigration, in fact, it wants even more. Why do you think that is?
Canada doesn't want immigrants. Its government does. Why?

Because governments are parasites that skim a percentage off the top.

Governments care about aggregate wealth and production so that their take is bigger. Citizens (aka humans) care about wealth PER PERSON, and immigration decreases that.

Old 05-24-2022, 03:54 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
BOS2IAD, when someone doesn't give a straight answer but instead parrots an agenda endlessly, they're only capable of repeating what they've been taught. Giving a direct answer throws them into a panic. They also try to wear you down so you finally give up. And basically this is what's happening with illegal migration in the U.S. Drone on with the deflective language, keep up the pressure, and ignore the concerns, until voila! mission accomplished.

As I told OG, you can't expect much from some people.
^^^^I couldn't rep you again so I owe you one Well said!

Old 05-24-2022, 03:58 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
There is no need for any changes to current immigration law in the US. It is good as it is. There, I answer your question.

Now your turn, are you for or against illegal immigration? A simple YES or NO answer should do the job. I don’t need your opinion about current immigration law. I want to know if you are for or against illegal immigration. It is not a hard question
Your illegal immigration system is broken. I am against illegal immigration that follows sensible laws... currently the USA one doesn't.

I would have thought you could see that.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Canada doesn't want immigrants. Its government does. Why?

Because governments are parasites that skim a percentage off the top.

Governments care about aggregate wealth and production so that their take is bigger. Citizens (aka humans) care about wealth PER PERSON, and immigration decreases that.
Canadian industry needs immigration. Canadian agriculture needs immigration. Canadian service industry needs immigration.

You are wrong, but then, I suppose xenophobia is not as common in Canada as in the USA, especially on this forum.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:12 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Your illegal immigration system is broken. I am against illegal immigration that follows sensible laws... currently the USA one doesn't.

So you are saying Canada will give me permanent status as long as I don’t commit a criminal offense (ie rape, murder, etc) even though I illegally immigrated to Canada?

Old 05-24-2022, 04:12 PM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:

It's only the enforcement of our immigration laws that are broken not the laws themself! Our immigration laws, policies and quotas ARE sensible contrary to your claims! They are based on being able to provide "skilled" jobs to immigrants that pay a liveable wage without removing opportunities from our own citizens. The further depletion of our natural and social resources has to be considered also. We don't need more leaf blowers, burger flippers, car wash attendants, etc. those aren't liveable wage paying jobs and therefore having to subsidize their social costs becomes a burden to our society. What part of all of the above don't you get?

Old 05-24-2022, 04:15 PM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Canadian industry needs immigration. Canadian agriculture needs immigration. Canadian service industry needs immigration.

You are wrong, but then, I suppose xenophobia is not as common in Canada as in the USA, especially on this forum.
Ah, I wondered when you throw out the race card. Typical! Are you not aware that we already have millions of legal immigrants and citizens of all races and ethnicities here? So where's the xenophobia?

Old 05-24-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:

What’s the number of LEGAL immigrants US has to take in every year to be “un-xenophobia”? Give me a number

Or are you implying if someone is anti ILLEGAL immigrants, that person is xenophobic?

Old 05-24-2022, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
So you are saying Canada will give me permanent status as long as I don’t commit a criminal offense (ie rape, murder, etc) even though I illegally immigrated to Canada?
I never said that, so don't put words in my mouth. I said your laws are broken, and need to be revamp. I asked for your perspective, and you figure they are A-OK just the way they are.

We will disagree.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I never said that, so don't put words in my mouth. I said your laws are broken, and need to be revamp. I asked for your perspective, and you figure they are A-OK just the way they are.

We will disagree.
Which US immigration law is broken? Can you be specific?

Or you only like to parroting whatever CNN tells you to think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies