Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 06:48 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Trump had us on the right track until the democrats supported by the biased media weaponized the virus and shut down the economy. What is happening now is the result of the democrats.

It doesn't matter what track we were on or would be on. No one should vote for anyone as lacking in character as Trump is for POTUS. Same re Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
While true, it still had nothing to do with Trump; these were state and local politicians using and abusing emergency powers acts.

I didn't vote for either candidate, but most I know that went Dem now regret the decision.

Would those you indicated who voted for Biden have voted for Trump if they hadn't voted for Biden or would they have taken another option (left the POTUS slot blank, written someone in, or voted third party) ?

Old 05-30-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm saying I don't see where I benefited from Trump being in office. When you get laid off, that isn't the same as being fired or quitting. That's beyond your control.
And no, I'm not blaming Trump for me being laid off. I'm saying if Trump being in office was supposed to make my life better, that didn't happen. This is why I look out for me first when I vote. What I have, I get despite who is in office, not because of.
I agree with your vote, but not your reasoning.

If, policy wise, you were going to benefit most from someone who was born in the U.S.A. and later moved to a country where it was legal to abuse gay people, that person committed abuse that was legal in that country but not in the U.S.A, and that person moved back to the U.S.A., would you vote for that person for POTUS ? (I was going to use child marriage as the example but I just looked it up and 13 states have no lower limit on the age for marriage ).

My point being that what is morally reconcilable is most important, not whether someone benefits personally or not.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Not necessarily
For example living in NY my presidential vote is utterly worthless
Depending on which state he lived in his vote can be just as worthless as mine

Correct, but the OP's location is listed, and he does live in a 2020 swing state (Arizona).

Old 05-30-2022, 07:40 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It doesn't matter what track we were on or would be on. No one should vote for anyone as lacking in character as Trump is for POTUS. Same re Biden.
How was Trump lacking in character? Because he said things you didn't like? Because the media convinced you that his words were hateful and racist, when they weren't? He's a leader. A doer. Someone that was bringing prosperity back to the US. And the haters trampled on that prosperity. And if he truly "lacked character" - who cares? It's about how you run this country.

Biden truly lacks character, but just like with Trump, it matters not a bit. It's how he leads. And his decades in the Senate showed everyone how horrible of a leader he is. It's not character he lacks, it's sense. What he doesn't lack is ego, which is his sole driving force. Sadly, that drive is used to benefit his family, the rest of the country be darned. He sold his country out to put millions into the pocket of his drug addict, deadbeat dad of a son (how's THAT for lack of character. Biden raised that POS).

Old 05-30-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Me, me, me. Is that all you think of? I'd hate to be on a sinking ship with you. Is Biden making your life better? Has any Democrat?
You're contradicting yourself within your own post.

You're chastising him for prioritizing himself, and then asking him if Biden is making his life better.

No one who thinks self prioritizing re a POTUS decision is wrong (which is the position you're effectively taking by chastising him) would ask if a particular candidate is making one's life better because no one would ponder/care about/want to bring attention to that position that they effectively (by the position just taken) think is wrong.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
How was Trump lacking in character? Because he said things you didn't like? Because the media convinced you that his words were hateful and racist, when they weren't? He's a leader. A doer. Someone that was bringing prosperity back to the US. And the haters trampled on that prosperity. And if he truly "lacked character" - who cares? It's about how you run this country.

Biden truly lacks character, but just like with Trump, it matters not a bit. It's how he leads. And his decades in the Senate showed everyone how horrible of a leader he is. It's not character he lacks, it's sense. What he doesn't lack is ego, which is his sole driving force. Sadly, that drive is used to benefit his family, the rest of the country be darned. He sold his country out to put millions into the pocket of his drug addict, deadbeat dad of a son (how's THAT for lack of character. Biden raised that POS).

He stole from his own charity (he was fined for doing so).

He's cheated on all three of his wives.

He's a birther.

I could go on and on, but there really wouldn't be any point.

If you're still with him at this point, nothing is going to change your mind.

Bringing up Biden is an irrelevant deflection from the point of Trump's lack of character. Not voting for Trump didn't require voting for Biden.

Biden also lacks sufficient character.

No one should have voted for either of them.

Old 05-30-2022, 04:41 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
I agree with your vote, but not your reasoning.

If, policy wise, you were going to benefit most from someone who was born in the U.S.A. and later moved to a country where it was legal to abuse gay people, that person committed abuse that was legal in that country but not in the U.S.A, and that person moved back to the U.S.A., would you vote for that person for POTUS ? (I was going to use child marriage as the example but I just looked it up and 13 states have no lower limit on the age for marriage ).

My point being that what is morally reconcilable is most important, not whether someone benefits personally or not.
Neither Biden or Trump were morally reconcilable. That was part of it. A big reason I voted for a 3rd party candidate. What I am responding to are posters who look at me being against Trump as either being pro-Biden or being problematic in some way. There are people here claiming that Trump would be good for me. Based on the trajectory of my own life between 2017-2018, and 1 month during 2019, this is the way I see it. Anything I have, it isn't because of Trump, it's regardless of Trump. I feel like some people just want me to support Trump because it helps THEM, not me.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:31 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,224,030 times
This is a fair question only when you can compare it to the world as it would have been had candidates A, B, C, D, etc. been elected. Which we cannot do.Many may hypothesize, but there is no way to know.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:51 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
I chose the lesser of two evils. Biden wasn't my first choice either. But he was a helluva lot better than the alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies