Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 03:51 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yes, absolutely I would vote for Biden. In a heartbeat.

Joe Biden might be old, but at least he's not a racist and idiot like Donald Trump is.
Sleepy Joe has proven to be a racist much of his life and he’s proven to be an idiot with his countless debacles, and even Obuma referenced him being an idiot. He also can’t remember, control his bowels, know where he’s at, etc…, hence skyrocketing violent crime, Aghan debacle, border crisis, skyrocketing Bidenflation, etc…,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 03:54 PM

715 posts, read 1,038,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
For the record I didn't vote for Biden nor the other guy both horrible choices at the time.

Anyway. This is mostly for Biden voters.

1. Knowing their would be record inflation.

2. Knowing their would be record Gas prices.

3. The bungled pullout of Afganistan.

4. Covid still rampant

5. Housing crises

And so on would you of still voted for him over the other guy? granted not all the above is Biden's fault or within his control.

I would of still stayed out the election both undesirable choices.
I technically don't qualify for the question because I didn't vote for him, but I did know he'd be a clusterf*ck. It came true.

Old 05-24-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
I would have paid another 50,000 illegal aliens to vote for Biden.
Perhaps you should try that soon before he gets his wings clipped at midterms.

Old 05-24-2022, 03:59 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Sleepy Joe has proven to be a racist much of his life and he’s proven to be an idiot with his countless debacles, and even Obuma referenced him being an idiot. He also can’t remember, control his bowels, know where he’s at, etc…, hence skyrocketing violent crime, Aghan debacle, border crisis, skyrocketing Bidenflation, etc…,
You apparently don't know anything about Biden other than what you heard on Fox News.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You apparently don't know anything about Biden other than what you heard on Fox News.
Nah, I just don’t ignore what is known about Sleepy Joe and what he’s done. But please do feel free to prove me wrong in what I said.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:05 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nah, I just don’t ignore what is known about Biden and what he’s done, but please do feel free to prove me wrong in what I said.
Read post #75.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Read post #75.
I did. You made a bunch of excuses to deflect from what Sleepy Joe has caused, and tried to blame because Trump instead. Even Obuma warned folks of Sleepy Joes incompetence.

https://www.cbs19news.com/story/4250...tive-things-up

Old 05-24-2022, 04:46 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times
Hell yes anything to keep the evil monster Trump who cares only about himself and making more money out of offfice is fine with me

Old 05-24-2022, 04:55 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I voted for Biden. I would do it again. And I'll continue to vote Democrat unless/until some things change very significantly with the Republican party. There are a few individual Republicans I would support, in a vacuum, but that's not how Congress works.

All I wonder now is, in the long run, where I should put my blue vote. I work from home, cannot get pregnant, and although I like the ladies too, I'm married to a man and we're both white...which means to me, that I feel pretty safe moving to a reddish state or a swing state where my vote might carry more weight. And I can probably afford a nicer house in one, too. Feels like an act of defiance against those who want to push Americans into corners and make us fight.

Anyhow.
Even without Trumpism and Q-lunacy, which really put it all over the edge, after doing a deep analysis of tax code throughout my adult life, I realized that the only part of conservatism that had me supporting the right for a while, was a lie. Every dollar of my income has been taxed a little bit more every year, and it has never actually mattered who held power or office. The only meaningful way in which conservatives are the party of fiscal responsibility is that when they are NOT in majority power, they go full obstructionist and try to prevent the Democrats from spending money on stuff. I believe that it's because of that, that Democrat administrations sometimes improve the debt/deficit situations. No one cares more about the budget than a Republican looking at the price tag of a liberal wish list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Absolutely. My first choice was Sanders. But as the Democratic candidate, Biden had my vote. If he runs in 2024 I'll vote for him again.

None of these things posted affected me in any way. Biden was right to end the 20 year fail in Afghanistan. He was the only president with the guts to do so.

The only presidents that have had an effect on my life and my family's lives were FDR with SS, LBJ with Medicare and civil rights, and Nixon with ending the draft.
Obama had an effect on my family's life. Before "Obamacare" kids were booted off the parents' insurance coverage at age 19. The ACA raised that age to 26. Since neither of my sons were successful at college (at least not yet, and not while the school they were trying to attend was thrown into chaos by Covid) and they have not had steady jobs that gave them good coverage, they would have been out of luck and unable to access healthcare from age 19-26.

The effect on this would have meant almost certain death for my younger son. The medication he is on is necessary for him, and could only be prescribed by a certain kind of doctor, and getting on board with one was hard enough...if he had no insurance, he would not have been able to do it at all.

Never mind the question of pre-existing conditions and how insurance companies could possibly have denied him coverage anyways.

Granted by 26 they'll have to figure it out for themselves, but that gives them a little longer to grow up and get steady ground under their feet. Time they definitely need.

I liked Sanders, too...and if not him, then Warren. Had to settle for "not Trump."

Old 05-24-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Hell yes anything to keep the evil monster Trump who cares only about himself and making more money out of offfice is fine with me
He already had many businesses out of office. Why is he an evil monster, and isn’t allowed to make money out of office?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies