Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.34%
No 247 51.14%
Unsure 46 9.52%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 07:48 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times

Advertisements

And this offensive is looking very underwhelming

https://twitter.com/KofmanMichael/st...87501759012865

Quote:
Agree. Although there’s a degree of contradiction depending on which official you look to. I think the offensive has in practice begun weeks ago, remains focused on the Donbas, and is likely to be underwhelming relative to some of the pronouncements out there.
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/st...33271622369280

Quote:
No Ukrianian official I’ve met with in the last 2 weeks said a “huge invasion” is looming in the time period. On the contrary, they don’t see a Russian build-up resembling what we saw a year ago. I spoke just yesterday on the record with GUR’s Skibitskyi who said this explicitly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2023, 07:56 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,784,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
How ironic. Hitler attacked the Soviet Union in WW II, with the western Ukrainian military units joining the invading Nazis, and killing Russians, as well as their fellow Ukrainians. They are the forebears of the current Nazi regiment known as the Azov regiment, who have been killing their fellow Ukrainians in the Donbas. These Ukrainian military adorn themselves in the Nazi regalia, with swastikas and the death head emblems, just as the Nazis wore in the 1940’s.

Now, we have Germany set to send Panther Tanks to Ukraine to fight Russians, but you don’t seem to notice the irony. But as clueless as many of you seem to be, I can assure you, the Russians haven’t missed it. To them, it’s simply history repeating itself, with Ukrainian Nazis being aided by Germany, to kill Russians, once again.

And it’s going to turn out the same way as it did the last time..

The propaganda machine is working overtime.

Old 02-09-2023, 08:02 AM

5,156 posts, read 3,767,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Sure as hell is. You saw the piece about the pipeline? As if there was ever any doubt? This is the level of stupidity at this point. Gonna have to get a bigger short bus for some of the posters on this thread. Hope you all enjoyed the sheet sandwich you were served by the resident in chief.

Old 02-09-2023, 08:03 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Well I will agree with you on that one...just not for the same reasons.

Old 02-09-2023, 09:08 AM

4,557 posts, read 3,761,232 times
Russia thinks it can cut off supply lines by spending this much time in Bakhmut. Looks like they have it surrounded:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/02/09/...-the-city.html

Old 02-09-2023, 09:21 AM

17,009 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Russia thinks it can cut off supply lines by spending this much time in Bakhmut. Looks like they have it surrounded:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/02/09/...-the-city.html
One of the reasons I have doubts about the war. Russia is willing to spend a million lives to accomplish its goals and they are not half as stupid as they were 6 months ago.

I don't like it, but sometimes evil (Russia) wins. The world is not an UPTV movie. No I don't buy all the Russian talking points many people here spew (Like Ukraine Nazi, NATO caused the war. etc.) I look strictly at logistics and dont see how this is anything but a 2 year slog then a 5 year rape-athon by occupying Russian forces (See Germany occupation by Soivets 1945-1949). Yes I hope I am wrong.

The west needs to figure a way to VERY long term integrate their economies and secure the supply chain within its borders and isolate bad players like Russia and China as much as they can. Note the use of VERY long term.

Note the -stans and Georgia are likely next. No idea on time frame.

Old 02-09-2023, 09:21 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,675,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Sure as hell is. You saw the piece about the pipeline? As if there was ever any doubt? This is the level of stupidity at this point. Gonna have to get a bigger short bus for some of the posters on this thread. Hope you all enjoyed the sheet sandwich you were served by the resident in chief.
The pipeline news is a revelation but somehow still doesn't change my opinion about Russia. Russia is beyond the point of redemption at this point but for you Putin lovers, any tiny news is justification to love him more.

Old 02-09-2023, 09:37 AM

17,009 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
The pipeline news is a revelation but somehow still doesn't change my opinion about Russia. Russia is beyond the point of redemption at this point but for you Putin lovers, any tiny news is justification to love him more.
Wish I could give you a thousand upvotes for that one. Well said.

Old 02-09-2023, 10:41 AM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
One of the reasons I have doubts about the war. Russia is willing to spend a million lives to accomplish its goals and they are not half as stupid as they were 6 months ago.

I don't like it, but sometimes evil (Russia) wins. The world is not an UPTV movie. No I don't buy all the Russian talking points many people here spew (Like Ukraine Nazi, NATO caused the war. etc.) I look strictly at logistics and dont see how this is anything but a 2 year slog then a 5 year rape-athon by occupying Russian forces (See Germany occupation by Soivets 1945-1949). Yes I hope I am wrong.

The west needs to figure a way to VERY long term integrate their economies and secure the supply chain within its borders and isolate bad players like Russia and China as much as they can. Note the use of VERY long term.

The west doesn't play the long game. The west focuses on short term profits/gains.

If you want to play the long game, you have to move to China at this point. They are content watching the west and Russia bleed because they know in the end, China will be the only clear winner.

I hope the west adapts to the changes that have taken place in the geopolitical arena, but the west is by nature stubborn, arrogant and profit driven. The solution would be to do the opposite in which we have been doing for the past 30 years, because we are now getting a taste of the results... Our adversaries no longer respect us and would prefer to challenge us directly. They don't want to fight proxy wars any longer. They want an opportunity to go straight for the jugular.

Old 02-09-2023, 11:13 AM

25,587 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

I don't think Russia has that long. They will run out of money long before then.
Long term, the sanctions and boycotts will do their job and enfeeble Russia. USSR went broke and collapsed in '91 as a result of the collapse in oil price in 1987 and Russia will probably collapse for the same reason - they will run out of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies