Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 07:16 PM
bu2

24,184 posts, read 15,032,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Time for peace talks. This war is getting out of hand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/11/w...ye_news_dedupe

At this rate, Ukraine won’t have anything left to defend. Iran (as well as China) has plenty of drones and military equipment they will keep sending to Russia. And Russia will keep attacking Ukraine’s energy grid.

The woke armchair generals really want to see Ukraine destroyed.
The Iranian drones are pretty much all being shot down. Damage is being done by the missiles of which Russia is running out of.

Sure seems like Putin is spreading some cash around to barrage places with propaganda that doesn't reflect the beatings his own forces are taking. He can't do anything but make gains measured in meters so he tries to claim his victory is inevitable despite all evidence to the contrary. Russian casualties should be massive over the next few weeks as Putin sacrifices men for an unobtainable political objective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2023, 07:17 PM
bu2

24,184 posts, read 15,032,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
If you are "liberating" people, it kind of seems counter-intuitive to turn those places into rubble. See cities across eastern and southern Ukraine. Get on the phone with your boy, Putin, even he couldn't tell you his demands for peace.

Putin is a madman who'll throw all his "young" men into the fire to achieve the "best" possible outcome for his legacy. Right before his country falls off a demographic cliff with too few young men to fight a war. Any chance of getting a madman to come to the table who is throwing what is left of his country's demographic future is slim to none. An off ramp to this war deserves to be discussed, but good luck with that who's staked his legitimacy and legacy on the outcome of this war.
And he is rapidly moving up the date of his demographic cliff as he is extinguishing a generation of his prime reproductive age males.

Old 02-11-2023, 07:17 PM

8,975 posts, read 11,856,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Either fight or surrender. They choose to fight. Their very survival as a nation is at stake here. Reminds me of the Vietnam War. A lot North Vietnamese women fought for their side. I think Israel has a lot female soldiers too.

When the enemy is a lot bigger than you, you need as much as personnel as you can get.

Old 02-11-2023, 08:08 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,193,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Care to summarize or do you expect everyone to click on blind links of unknown length?
I see rense.com re-printed the same.
I understand that Russian want Nord Stream pipeline explosion issue resolved , if not they start using nukes, first they issue 72 hrs evacuation warning. That is what I know, may or not be fake news.

Old 02-11-2023, 08:26 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,193,368 times
Quote:
Care to summarize or do you expect everyone to click on blind links of unknown length?
I see rense.com re-printed the same.
I understand that Russian wants
Nord Stream issue settled , if not they start using nukes, first they tissue 72 hrs evacuation warning. That is what I know, may or not be fake news.

Old 02-11-2023, 09:12 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,754,366 times
ISW Update 2/11/23

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...bruary-11-2023

Quote:
Feb 11, 2023 - Press ISW

Ukrainian military officials and Russian pro-war nationalist voices are downplaying Russia’s ability to launch a sweeping large-scale offensive in Donetsk Oblast in the current circumstances of the Russian Armed Forces. Representative of the Ukrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR), Andriy Chernyak, stated that Russia does not have the resources necessary to launch a large-scale offensive operation on February 24 to coincide with the anniversary of Russia’s 2022 invasion. Chernyak noted that Russians are preparing to intensify their attacks in eastern Ukraine in the next few weeks and are currently searching for weak spots in Ukrainian defenses. ISW has previously assessed that Russian forces have regained the initiative on the Svatove-Kreminna line but that the offensive has not yet reached its full tempo. Ukrainian Eastern Grouping of Forces Spokesperson, Colonel Serhiy Cherevaty, also noted that the Russian leadership had ordered the capture of Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts’ administrative borders and said that the grinding Russian operations in Bakhmut are a “symbol” of Russia’s inability to conduct rapid and powerful offensive operations.” Russian milbloggers continue to appear demoralized at the Kremlin’s prospects for executing a major offensive. Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) commander Alexander Khodakovsky questioned why Russian forces are wasting their limited resources on small-scale grinding advances rather than accumulating combat force to launch larger-scale offensives. Another milblogger amplified Khodakovsky’s concern, accusing Russian presidential administration officials of creating unattainable expectations for Russian offensives.
Russians sounding a little deflated here...again

Old 02-11-2023, 09:44 PM

12,486 posts, read 8,267,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Russia will throw away it's future if it continues this war. For the Ukrainians, it doesn't matter. It's fight or lose the ability to exist as an independent people. The more Russia throws away its "young" men in this meat grinder the weaker it will become, and you will just become China's ***** the longer and worse this gets. Putin's legacy isn't worth throwing away your lives and your country for. Putin isn't a hero of Russia, he's a corrupt old fool who'll gladly send you to your death for his own legacy. Putin will gladly send every young Russian man to his death, poorly equipped and trained, before he gives in. It'll be the death of them and Russia.

The thought of loser men in their 40s-60s in the US, taking your wives and girlfriends on those loser "dating" sites, while you go sent do die in the meat grinder would be enough to give me pause for Putin.

Also, ultra-feminists can go pound sand. It's men who are defending and getting killed for Ukraine and Russian men who are getting thrown into the meat grinder for Russia interests. When you people are ready and demanding to get your lives thrown at for something (bull**** or not), you can earn as much as I do. In the meantime, enjoy "equal" rights and the benefits of Western Civilization.

I like the thought of marching Russian soldiers Jody calls being about Taiko taking their girl gives me a great feeling.

Old 02-11-2023, 11:07 PM

26,877 posts, read 22,739,162 times
Confirmed - SpaceX curbs the usage of Starlink in Ukraine for military purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvraO-tg6tY

Old 02-12-2023, 04:43 AM

5,264 posts, read 3,845,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Confirmed - SpaceX curbs the usage of Starlink in Ukraine for military purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvraO-tg6tY

You watch Jones? How much is Putin paying you?

Old 02-12-2023, 04:44 AM

5,264 posts, read 3,845,622 times
Quote:

I like the thought of marching Russian soldiers Jody calls being about Taiko taking their girl gives me a great feeling.

What you two geniuses don't seem to get yet after nearly a year is that it is Ukranian meat in your burger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies