Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 02:23 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,854,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
No idea how we can tell how many Ukrainian children (or adults for that matter) were moved to Russia against their will or because they wanted too. I expect a mixture of both.

But you are right to mention Russia's declining population problem and is that probably a major reason why Russia has been trying to expand and grab its neighbor's territories.
Nobody is moved to Russia against their will. That nonsense has been dealt with repeatedly on various Telegram channels, for instance here:

https://t.me/Reality_Theories/10885

It is just another example of atrocity propaganda nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2023, 02:25 PM

3,288 posts, read 1,649,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Here's a wonderfully informative article From MSN detailing how Putin manipulated the IMF so that the IMF apparently believed Russia was "doing well". They are not doing well, of course, and their economy is suffering. The IMF, it seems, willingly turned a blind eye to what was actually happening in Russia.

Far from serving as the independent arbiter of the statistical underpinnings of global economic activity, the IMF has been asleep at the switch. With respect to Russia, it is naively echoing Putin’s own invented GDP forecasts, in effect, canonizing and legitimating these economic myths with no verification–in fact, no independent analysis at all......
Even oligarchs are openly fretting about how Putin will run out of cash next year–and how he’s been cannibalizing Russian companies to make ends meet! Yet the truth is, as they candidly admitted to us, the IMF Russia Desk economists have “basically zero visibility” into what is actually going on in the Russian economy.

I had actually wondered about since since the IMF projections were always the most optimistic regarding Russia's immediate future. Russia has destroyed its relationship with its primary customers and has to sell to new customers at a deep discount.
Putin recently passed a law saying the state will seize and take over any company not meeting its war production goals.

Old 03-06-2023, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Oh they say it on "telegram channels", I guess that proves it. That is almost as good as a Facebook post for evidence lmao
Telegram is where the war is taking place online. It is not on Facebook or CD.
To be very clear: one can't be up to date and in the know regarding this war without being on Telegram.

Old 03-06-2023, 02:48 PM

7,851 posts, read 4,610,537 times
Nearly 1500 pages of chatter and I'm still astounded how many folks bristle at the notion of standing by a democratic ally who has been invaded and are having war crimes perpetrated against it. Unfathomable.

Old 03-06-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Nearly 1500 pages of chatter and I'm still astounded how many folks bristle at the notion of standing by a democratic ally who has been invaded and are having war crimes perpetrated against it. Unfathomable.
Ukraine is no more democratic than Russia, by now even less so.
Ukraine is the one committing war crimes.
Ukraine got invaded because it attacked the Donbass republics -> defensive war allowed by international law.

If an innocent, good country like Bhutan had been invaded, I would be on its side. But Ukraine is the opposite of an innocent, good country.

Old 03-06-2023, 03:50 PM

13,857 posts, read 4,476,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Eh what? Its okay to be anti neoliberal/ anti neocon, but saying the Ukraine war is Zalensky's fault?!?

The war is Russias fault. Period. End of story.

Whether the US should be supporting Ukraine against Russia is a separate question. IE you can make the point to only support countries where we have a formal alliance.
I disagree. This was brewing for 30 years. Zalensky is a puppet head propped up by the West and says dumb things to prolong the war and is not serious about peace.

There is fault to go around all sides including Zalensky and his corrupt government. If you think this fell out of the sky last year then your timetable is way off.

Old 03-06-2023, 04:00 PM
bu2

24,236 posts, read 15,070,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Man

https://twitter.com/WarMonitor3/stat...35317764947969

Here is great thread that puts things in context.

https://twitter.com/WarintheFuture/s...28134244392960

Wonder if that is what is going on here. Never thought this place would hold out this long.
I remember Denys expecting it to fall in a few weeks months ago. This has been going on since August. It still might not fall. Depends on Russian advances to the north, if those start to cut it off.

Old 03-06-2023, 04:01 PM

13,857 posts, read 4,476,668 times
Quote:

LMAO! is that still the kool aid? from the same people that sold us that the vaccine would prevent you from getting the virus or spreading it. Thanks for the laugh.

We are supposed to lose sleep when 2 border countries have disputes and mingle over there. The U.S. is the moral standard on not to invade and get in the internal affairs of different countries.

I'm sure these people in the forum lost a lot of sleep for 20 years for the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. They lost a lot of weight.

Old 03-06-2023, 04:01 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,257,711 times
Quote:
No one with a brain and access to google believes that **** anymore.

Old 03-06-2023, 04:04 PM

31,338 posts, read 14,438,259 times
Quote:
No. it is unfathomable what may happen because we can't keep our noses out of other countries' disputes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies