Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 198 39.52%
No 254 50.70%
Unsure 49 9.78%
Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 04:22 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,246,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
It’s obvious you should talk to some actual Ukrainians who have family there instead of rambling with your nonsense.
I'll repeat again, the fundamental problem is that Ukraine, like all countries, is very divided.

Imagine that tomorrow there was a coup on Joe Biden which installed a semi-Hitlerian figure who wanted to ethnically-cleanse the United States of Hispanics. Imagine that several Hispanic protesters who opposed the coup were murdered. The uproar caused the Hispanic-majority areas of the American Southwest to declare independence. The United States coup government then sends the Army to suppress the Hispanic rebels, but Mexico begins funneling in weapons and "volunteers" to support the Hispanics in the southwest.

If this occurred, there would be plenty of Americans who would support the coup government and who would believe that the United States government should retake all of our "territories" by force from the rebels(and that the Hispanics should go back to Mexico or wherever). They would also believe that the Mexican intervention was a violation of their sovereignty/territorial integrity, a war of aggression by Mexican invaders, from which the United States government must protect the homes of the "real Americans" who live in these areas and elsewhere.

But in that unlikely scenario I ask you, "Whose land is it?"

Who is in the right?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 03-12-2023 at 05:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2023, 05:26 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,246,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Bitter WWII enemies the USA and Japan/Germany became partners.
In all fairness, both countries were and still are occupied by the United States. Their constitutions were written by the United States and their leaders were effectively chosen by the United States(at least in the years directly after WWII).

Quote:
Recently, the US authorized the purchase of oil from Venezuela.
Only out of desperation. As soon as this war is over we will go back to trying to overthrow Maduro.

Quote:
If Russia has a service or products the world needs, they will come knocking. It might take a decade or two, but life will go on for Russia.
This war wasn't possible without China. Russia is currently redirecting all of its natural resources to China and India. European industry will be paying 4x the price of energy from now on, while China is being subsidized by cheap Russian energy. It's already gotten to the point that European companies are relocating to the United States for cheaper energy.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...hift-us-2022-9

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/25/11385...nts-eu-economy

European industry will be completely gutted. Russia will come out relatively unscathed. And the center of world power will continue to shift to the east.

Old 03-12-2023, 05:27 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,779,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The people that are dissatisfied with the MoD first of all want more accountability and more efficiency from them. They want to see people responsible for the faulty preparation of the whole operation and the retreats of the Russian army that followed as the direct result of it, to be rebuked and dismissed.

And it's not so much about the "shock and awe" version in the beginning of the operation (practically ALL Russians participating in the military operation were not interested in causing the unnecessary deaths in Ukraine.) However these people saw that the needs of the Russian army were supposed to be taken in account first, over the needs of the Ukrainian civilian population - such as demolition of certain bridges or grids or railway roads, even though the number of the Russian troops was extremely limited for such vast operation. However, even with that they were not allowed to take the proper actions, in order to "not to disrupt the way of life of Ukrainian civilian population." Even when they were pointing at the necessity to take such actions for the military purpose.

They were frustrated as well that MoD didn't prepare the mobilized forces on time, once it became obvious how outnumbered Russian troops were ( not to mention some other complaints, that were directly implicating the MoD in corruption.)

I am not sure how many of the total ( action ready) Russian troops are out there, but you need to keep in mind that currently the US/NATO are trying to set on fire at least three other locations around Russia - Georgia/Abkhasia, Moldova/Transnistria, and Nagorny Karabakh. ( Not to mention that the war in Syria is not over either.)

So these are the factors that need to be taken in consideration.

I think it was one of the warmest winters on the record, so you can get the idea what the roads from Bakhmut look like now.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/A3mvvdpXPP8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwun7N4yYqM&t=7s

I don't think it's possible to conduct any serious offensive at this point.

I am guessing ( just guessing) that Russians are estimating what kind of forces Ukrainians spared still for THEIR counteroffensive ( if any,) and where exactly they are planning to counter attack.

Yes he could of.

But then Prigozhin would respond to him how HE wants Putin to act, if he still wants Russian army to succeed in this war.

I suppose, but then Putin would have killed one of the most capable military commanders only to satisfy his own ego, and everyone would know about it. ( Particularly if this would seriously impede the military operation in Donbass, all while Putin is claiming that he is 100% behind its success.)

So Putin is not in easy situation himself, that's why the only thing he can do at this point is to limit Wagner's capacities, showing who is the boss here. ( But this way he STILL impedes the success of the military operation I would say.)

So the way I see it, the new political power is rising on the horizon in Russia - the kind Putin now has to compete with.

Because when it comes to Navalny's crowd - it's pretty easy for P. to deal with all these "soy boys" ( or "hamsters" as they refer to them in Russia,) and "liberal girls, sipping lattes"

This crowd is not all that big either, plus it's the younger crowd.

But when he has to compete for the minds and souls of men that can carry guns - this is the whole different ball game.
An interesting analysis. And a good one.

Old 03-12-2023, 05:28 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,779,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Well, for starters, there is no US state media.
That's right. The US media just works lockstep with the US government while appearing to be independent.

Old 03-12-2023, 08:53 AM

8,972 posts, read 11,846,799 times
More invading terrorists killed.
It's Sunday. I am off to church.

https://youtu.be/wTkzV7wtcpo

Old 03-12-2023, 09:05 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,344,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'll repeat again, the fundamental problem is that Ukraine, like all countries, is very divided.

Imagine that tomorrow there was a coup on Joe Biden which installed a semi-Hitlerian figure who wanted to ethnically-cleanse the United States of Hispanics. Imagine that several Hispanic protesters who opposed the coup were murdered. The uproar caused the Hispanic-majority areas of the American Southwest to declare independence. The United States coup government then sends the Army to suppress the Hispanic rebels, but Mexico begins funneling in weapons and "volunteers" to support the Hispanics in the southwest.

If this occurred, there would be plenty of Americans who would support the coup government and who would believe that the United States government should retake all of our "territories" by force from the rebels(and that the Hispanics should go back to Mexico or wherever). They would also believe that the Mexican intervention was a violation of their sovereignty/territorial integrity, a war of aggression by Mexican invaders, from which the United States government must protect the homes of the "real Americans" who live in these areas and elsewhere.

But in that unlikely scenario I ask you, "Whose land is it?"

Who is in the right?
Who is in the right?
People in the right are the ones who don't engage in what-aboutism of fictional scenarios or grossly distort old history and recent events. People in the right don't support killing people in an invasion based on nebulous pretexts.

Old 03-12-2023, 09:32 AM

13,741 posts, read 4,409,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
Who is in the right?
People in the right are the ones who don't engage in what-aboutism of fictional scenarios or grossly distort old history and recent events. People in the right don't support killing people in an invasion based on nebulous pretexts.

yeah, this fell from the sky. American self-righteousness world policy. We are right, they are wrong mentally. How did the U.S. foreign policy been "grossly distorted"? You really don't have a problem in killing or invasions since you live in a nation that has done that for centuries. Selective outrage.

Old 03-12-2023, 10:20 AM

26,867 posts, read 22,721,322 times
...Meanwhile, Mariupol is coming back to life.
( And the last I've heard - Ukrainians are trying to shell it AGAIN ( with HIMARS or whatever they can reach it with.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rFla_EuDkk

P.S. I think they brought a lot of construction crews from "Russia proper," because I see Tadjiks ( and other minorities) among the construction workers. A lot of them are very skillful labor when it comes to construction sites.

Last edited by erasure; 03-12-2023 at 10:28 AM..

Old 03-12-2023, 12:33 PM

476 posts, read 339,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Do you imagine that America has so many of those things that they can simply give them away and leave the country without?
No. America has plenty of weapons and needs plenty of weapons. In any case, I believe Ukraine has almost everything they need, and they certainly have everything they can use. Just for example, how many F-16s could be used today, when there is no one to fly them?
How many F-16s could Ukrainians use tomorrow? In one month? Six months? In a year?
So,.. your answer: no one, never. Am i right?
They have everything they need (c)

Old 03-12-2023, 01:06 PM

4,635 posts, read 3,831,159 times
Russia's move to take Bakhmut is most likely STALLED! Great job, Kremlin and your "superpower" military.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-a...102202053.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies