Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 01:08 PM
bu2

24,237 posts, read 15,075,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
He was the one who said it. I was trying to give hypotheticals to help people see things from the other side.

As Hegel said, "Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights."

I have zero sympathy for the Ukrainians. Their behavior has been atrocious. The fact that America supports them is an embarrassment. And the reason America supports them is because they are our weapon against Russia.

They use "territorial integrity" as an excuse to mistreat people with impunity, while they are given cover by a complicit western media and by the absolute morons who didn't even know Ukraine existed until February 24th, 2022... But who repeat bull**** twitter talking points like they're experts on geopolitics.

Again, Ukraine is getting what they deserve. This is what they wanted. They could have followed the Minsk agreements but they didn't want to. They could have not passed anti-Russian language laws, but they didn't want to. They could have accepted Crimean independence, but they didn't want to. They could have declared neutrality, but they didn't want to. They could have not behaved like tyrannical monsters, but they didn't want to.

They wanted war. And they got it. I don't even care to argue about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi575J_wYdM
Only Russian bots will seriously argue that Ukraine started it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2023, 01:21 PM

14,845 posts, read 8,258,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Only Russian bots will seriously argue that Ukraine started it.
Victoria Nuland and John McCain knew exactly what they were doing. So did their handpicked leaders of the illegitimate coup government.

Regardless, let this be a lesson to everyone, overthrowing a legitimate government almost always leads to civil war and foreign intervention. Look at all the governments America has overthrow in the last 20 years alone. In almost every case it caused hundreds of thousands of deaths and failed-states.

If you think Russia was going to sit by and watch Red Sector and Azov thugs abuse the people in the pro-Russian areas of Ukraine, you're not only an idiot, but an *******.

I spent several hours today rewatching some of the Vice News videos from the start of the Ukrainian conflict in 2014. I would implore you to watch the videos. They're much more interesting in hindsight. Things I didn't understand before have become more clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNig...76h7R&index=29

PS: They had an interesting video that showed Mariupol and the Azovstal factory. The video above shows Sloviansk and Kramatorsk. There are several from Crimea, and other places.

Edit: This is the last video I was watching. I thought this exchange was pretty interesting.

https://youtu.be/wzAIXo9BeFA?list=PL...wyv76h7R&t=544

Quote:
Simon to Ukrainian soldier: Could you imagine that you'd end up in the trenches of Eastern Ukraine.
Soldier: No, first they annexed Crimea, then this ordeal started here. They are trying to divide Ukraine but why divide it if Ukraine is united?
Simon: How much longer do you think you'll have to stay here with your weapons?
Soldier: As long as I have to. Until we win. We were standing until the end of the Maidan. We will stand until the end here. That's it.
Simon to other soldiers: Were you on the Maidan too?
Multiple soldiers reply: Yes, all of us.

Simon narrating: So these guys are 1st battalion for the national guard and they were all members of the protesters on Maidan Square in Kiev... It looks a long way from Kiev here.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 03-13-2023 at 01:46 PM..

Old 03-13-2023, 01:42 PM

8,991 posts, read 11,878,098 times
Russian troops smoked carelessly in an ammo warehouse. Burn baby burn.

https://youtu.be/ZIXyUoMVB9I

Old 03-13-2023, 01:45 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,855,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think righteous people in the West would agree with this - if only they knew the truth.
Brought to you by Western reporters. 20 minutes that can change your life...

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/21891

I was just watching parts 1 and 3 of this 3-part series as well, very interesting to hear what truly independent Western reporters have to say, it is the complete opposite of what our MSM keep telling us.

Interesting to hear an American talk about a Holocaust on Russians...

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/21824
https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/21891 (that was the part posted before)
https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/21974

Now I am even more on Russia's side, they are fighting Satan so to speak, just like 80 years ago.

Old 03-13-2023, 01:47 PM

25,789 posts, read 17,555,739 times
Quote:
Putin’s unholy alliance and the sins of the Russian Orthodox church: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...thodox-church/

Putin praises Russian Orthodox Church for backing troops in Ukraine: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...in-2023-01-06/
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And that is the "proof" ? Rumors and innuendo ?
Well, that and a report by Time Magazine.
Quote:
Led by Patriarch Kirill, the Russian Orthodox Church is one of the most tangible cultural bonds between Russia and Ukraine. The gilded domes of Kyiv’s Monastery of the Caves and St. Sophia Cathedral have beckoned pilgrims from across both lands for nigh on a thousand years.

With religious rhetoric, Putin taps into a long tradition that imagines a Greater Russia extending across present-day Ukraine and Belarus, in a combined territory known as Holy Rus’........
Yup. Just a tool for Putin.
Ukraine remains a Dual Executive Republic.
(Phew! I was really worried there for a minute. I thought it may have become a dictatorship, because, you know, that's what I heard.)

Old 03-13-2023, 02:24 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,595,388 times
Quote:
And that is the "proof" ? Rumors and innuendo ?

Putin’s Christmas message praising the Russian Orthodox Church for supporting Moscow's forces fighting in Ukraine was posted on the Kremlin website according to Reuters.

Old 03-13-2023, 02:49 PM

2,389 posts, read 1,120,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Russian troops smoked carelessly in an ammo warehouse. Burn baby burn.

https://youtu.be/ZIXyUoMVB9I
More Good News

Old 03-13-2023, 03:05 PM

26,911 posts, read 22,797,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
And you still repeat over and over the lie of 14,000 Russian speaking Ukrainian civilians.

Why do you ignore the breakdown of that number from The UN?

Is that interest in truth?

Because those "separatist militia" were yesterday's civilians of the South- Eastern Ukraine. You know - the miners, the steel workers, the store clerks that took the weapons to defend their lands from the government in Kiev they never asked for, and they never voted for.

So at the end, even when "the UN" identifies them differently, it was still the civilian population of Ukraine that was killed - the total number.

Old 03-13-2023, 04:12 PM

26,911 posts, read 22,797,279 times
Quote:
Zelensky is shutting down the oldest church...says they are a Russian influence and a threat to democracy.

I guess you can do whatever you want as long as you say "it's a threat to democracy".

OK, so what happened there, in Ukraine, after the puppet government ( handpicked by Nuland) was installed in Kiev, they ( the new government) had immediately to come up with campaign of how to make "Ukraine" look like a historically unrelated to Russia state, that was always "attacked and subjugated by the hostile foreign force" - i.e. Russia - to create this image in the Western media, in order to whip up anti-Russian hysteria in the most effective way.

So in order to achieve the targets of this deceitful campaign, then president Poroshenko started pushing for three main goals, identified as "The Army, The Language, the Faith." ( I am sure the Nazi Germany had their own slogans for the purpose of building their own Nazi state, something as catchy as "Herrenvolk," "Blut und Ehre" - that kind of stuff.)

So Poroshenko took similar steps, while striving to create his Nationalist state.

Now "The Army" was pretty straightforward - Ukraine needed to build its own army to assure its independence from Russia ( before that no one cared - for the last post-Soviet thirty years Russians and Ukrainians didn't even have any particular border to speak of, since the families/relatives were traveling back and forth, visiting each other, and THIS needed to come to a stop.)

Now the OTHER two goals of the new Nationalist state were more tricky to fulfill however.

How do you change the language, where good half of Ukraine is Russian-speaking?
And how do you change the church, that unites Russia and Ukraine as one and the same entity, because it came in place, when they used to be one and the same people?

Well you already know what happened with the language - Russian was simply outlawed and Ukrainian enforced on everyone.

But when it comes to church - here, ( as in case with Ukrainian army,) Poroshenko had to run for help to his overlords in Washington.

So as Washington (with the help of NATO) was building and training Ukrainian army, in the same manner it dispatched Sam Brownback to Istanbul ( former Constantinople,) to twist the arm of the Archbishop of the Orthodox Church, Bartholomew, to give Ukraine permission to set up its own church, separate from Moscow Patriarchy.

Still not as good as Ukrainian government would like to have it (I suppose they'd like to stop being the Orthodox all together, that's why they were pushing to switch Christmas lately to 24/25th of January, as the "collective West" celebrates it,) but it's a start.

And that's how that Kiev-Pechersk Lavra in Kiev, the major historic Orthodox citadel where Russian Christianity ( in Moscow including,) takes its roots, have been told "to get out of there" recently - the monks and other clergy.
So now you know what's going on, with some people here pointing at the "sins of the Orthodox Church."
To which I'd say that no matter what sins of the Catholic Church are, Italians ( and Italy) don't
stop being a Catholic country because of that, as much as they try.
Same story is with Ukrainians.

P.S. Another curious thing I've heard the last fall from religious Russians, is that some elders already made the prediction ( divination(?)) that "after the schismatics will take over the

Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, six months later, the unification of Rus will take place."
That is Russia and Ukraine ( not sure whether it includes Belorussia or not, since it's Orthodox as well.)

So go figure.

Last edited by erasure; 03-13-2023 at 04:23 PM..

Old 03-13-2023, 04:14 PM

43,805 posts, read 18,825,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post

Putin’s Christmas message praising the Russian Orthodox Church for supporting Moscow's forces fighting in Ukraine was posted on the Kremlin website according to Reuters.
Again..no proof..."according to ..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies