Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.42%
No 246 51.04%
Unsure 46 9.54%
Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 02:08 PM

2,612 posts, read 929,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Seriously!!!
What if they offer similar or better governance than the entity currently governing the area in which I live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 02:11 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Wrong, the hate was actually spread by Soros, who has donated school and other books to Ukraine since the 90's, whose content is anti-Russian, pro-Nazi and full of revisionism. ...
Reference please.

Who told you that?

Let's see it.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:14 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
At that point, I would try to leave. However, I would hope that my country surrenders to the invader as long as the invader has a decent enough system of governance. You dont surrender to Nazi Germany but if you are in Ukraine you can surrender to Russia.
Are you an American? If so, assume that Russia is a lot stronger than it is and Russian troups were magically able to roll into the U.S., render U.S. air support ineffective and start blowing up cities and towns in your region of the U.S. Your home and neighborhood is destroyed and you grieve for relatives, friends and neighbors killed, some of whom have been tortured or raped.

Would you fight or would you really just surrender because Russia “has a decent enough system of governance?â€

Old 06-23-2022, 02:18 PM

2,612 posts, read 929,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Are you an American? If so, assume that Russia is a lot stronger than it is and Russian troups were magically able to roll into the U.S., render U.S. air support ineffective and start blowing up towns in your region of the U.S. Your home and neighborhood is destroyed and you grieve for relatives, friends and neighbors killed.

Would you fight or would you really just surrender because Russia “has a decent enough system of governance?â€
I am a person that lives within the land area generally known as the United States of America. I dont identify as an American as I am just an individual and have no loyalty to any national governments.

Im not fighting as long as I can escape.

However, it should not have gotten to that point. No need to fight a losing war. Nothing really matters if you are dead.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:29 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Reference please.

Who told you that?

Let's see it.
I have read about it repeatedly. For instance here, maybe you can translate it from German to English...

https://www.anti-spiegel.ru/2022/geo...estes-projekt/

Quote:
Soros "invested" in Ukraine through the Renaissance Foundation. The tactic was the same as in Russia in the nineties, when grants for Russian academics in the amount of a ridiculous $500 were followed by a commitment to rewrite the history books for school lessons.
But do read the entire article, it is interesting and revealing...

Old 06-23-2022, 02:47 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Wow.
The "Russia cannot be beaten and anyway, they have nukes and might use them so let's let them have whatever they want" crowd has really dug in on this one.
Fortunately, they are the minority in the world. They can sit and watch while people with actual principles work out the solutions to complex problems.

It's easy to be a "give in-ner" when you live in America with no danger of ever being invaded. If you lived in Poland you may feel differently.

The Democrats vs Republicans people have it all wrong, too. They assume whichever tribe they belong to has the opposite position of the other tribe. Trump The Moron, they tell us, would have been a pushover and Putin supporter, while they ignore the fact that Obama was caught with an open mic kowtowing to Putin.
Seems to me that Putin ran circles around GW Bush and then did the same with Obama. Things got a little quieter with Trump, so the naysayers tell us it was because Putin and Trump were ol' buddies.
Such nonsense.

Here are some facts for you:
Oil production in Russia was down 10% in May. Lowest it's been in a year.
Oil price fell today to around $104. That's for West Texas Intermediate. If you're buying ESPO from Russia, you only have to pay $74.01. That's the cheapest oil on the planet by around 30%.
Russia is being strangled. They can hardly get it out of the ground and transported down the 4,188 mile long ESPO pipeline for that price.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:55 PM

4,865 posts, read 2,674,972 times
I don't like what this guy has to say but he may be right..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_54M0muoJU

Old 06-23-2022, 03:17 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I don't like what this guy has to say but he may be right..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_54M0muoJU
I think the good colonel misses the point. He rattled off a list of countries still trading with Russia and almost none of them count. China has already said publicly they wouldn't help and does Iran really count?!

Ukraine may well lose some territory, but Afghanistan never did. They just fought until Russia went home. As as far as some dream that "people would rise up in Russia and replace their leadership" I never heard that.
New Russian recruits are being given as little as 3 days training before being sent into combat. Putin's popularity of 83% rivals Bush, with similar figures. So things can change. Putin's popularity is based on the fact that he lies. Nothing more.

The colonel rightly attacks hoaxes, but what do they matter? They don't. They have nothing to do with the outcome of this war. Baby oil, nukes, and on and on.
I don't buy a word of it. This is not "an insane drive toward nuclear war".

Colonel has been preaching this stuff for years. He has called for dissolving NATO; on April 23 said sanctions are barbaric (now he says they don't work); On Sep 2020 he was babbling on about an attempted coup against Trump; and all of these are linked to the nutcase Schiller Group.

Nah. He's out of it.

Last edited by Listener2307; 06-23-2022 at 03:32 PM..

Old 06-23-2022, 03:32 PM

Just stumbled upon this, not sure if it is correct, though. I read something similar weeks before, but forgot to bookmark it back then...

Basically, it says that Ukraine does not have borders and hence Russia has not invaded...

https://europerenaissance.com/2022/0...omment-page-1/

Old 06-23-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Reference please.

Who told you that?

Let's see it.

Soros seems to have his dirty fingers in Ukraine in various ways

https://kreately.in/tracing-a-powerf...-donald-trump/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies