Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 200 39.76%
No 254 50.50%
Unsure 49 9.74%
Voters: 503. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 03:54 PM

4,963 posts, read 2,744,057 times

Advertisements

the russians are too stupid to realize how much blood they have spilled but when they finally do that will be the end of this aggression by them..they have already said they won't accept not having Crimea..so there won't be any peace negotiations because as long they keep stolen land they will come back for ALL of it sooner rather than later..kill 'em all I say..Putin first..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2023, 04:00 PM

25,712 posts, read 17,481,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
the russians are too stupid to realize how much blood they have spilled but when they finally do that will be the end of this aggression by them..they have already said they won't accept not having Crimea..so there won't be any peace negotiations because as long they keep stolen land they will come back for ALL of it sooner rather than later..kill 'em all I say..Putin first..
Good idea, but we'll have to kill them slowly. For right now, we need their oil in the marketplace.

Old 12-27-2023, 05:04 PM

1,693 posts, read 900,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The F-16 can launch the AGM 158 cruise missile with its 1000 pound payload from over 200 miles away and deliver it to within 10 feet.
Newsweek feels like the F-16 is already there. Russia has lost 8 fighter jets and a ship in two weeks. LINK!
We're up to 8 now. That figure changes everyday now. Forgive me if I take Western casualty and equipment losses reports with a grain a salt.

Right now it's speculation, but even if it were true what does it change. Every 3 months they get a new miracle weapon. The weapon scores a few initial hits. The Russians then adjust by implementing counter measures and the new miracle weapon effectiveness is neutralized or greatly diminished. I find it hard to believe F-16s will any different. The Russians have decades worth of data on these planes and understand strengths and weaknesses along with Western tactics on their use.

Old 12-27-2023, 06:12 PM

5,105 posts, read 2,783,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
We're up to 8 now. That figure changes everyday now. Forgive me if I take Western casualty and equipment losses reports with a grain a salt.

Right now it's speculation, but even if it were true what does it change. Every 3 months they get a new miracle weapon. The weapon scores a few initial hits. The Russians then adjust by implementing counter measures and the new miracle weapon effectiveness is neutralized or greatly diminished. I find it hard to believe F-16s will any different. The Russians have decades worth of data on these planes and understand strengths and weaknesses along with Western tactics on their use.
Ukraine is really hoping that these old F-16 jets will be a game changer this time. I mean really hoping. As you have pointed out, all previous Ukrainian miracle game changing weapons had failed. But the word is that this time it is going to be different. It seems that this is a "now or never" moment. Is it hopium or reality? We will soon know. Chances are, if the F-16s fail to deliver serious results then the Western powers will end the aid to Ukraine and say to Zelensky "you're on your own, buddy". Perhaps this is why this is such a nail-biter for the Ukrainians.

Old 12-27-2023, 06:28 PM

Denys update,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkbQuCd0-Yo

Old 12-28-2023, 04:29 AM

'Reporting from Ukraine update'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBRlM1sjjBU

Old 12-28-2023, 09:36 AM

25,712 posts, read 17,481,848 times
Storm Shadow flies very fast at low altitude, and with its stealth-designed shape, the missile is not easily detected by Russian radars and can evade most air defense systems. When nearing the end of its flight, the missile climbs steeply and then dives towards its target.

German military expert Erhard Buhler observed the range of Storm Shadow missiles handed over to Ukraine is twice as long as expected. It was believed Ukraine had received the export version of Storm Shadow, which has a range of 250km. But if if the AFU managed to reach Feodosiya, this may indicate that they have the original version of the Storm Shadow missile with a range of 560 km.

However, it is unconfirmed exactly what hit the Russian ship. Ukraine is very good at keeping operational secrets.

In other news:
The USA is forwarding a plan to the G7 to confiscate Russian assets in the West. Around $300 billion is currently frozen in Western banks. There is legal basis to confiscate that money. The UN General Assembly voted overwhelmingly in favor of Russia paying reparations for the damage of the war in Ukraine.
As previously noted, some economists see a danger in confiscating this money.

And still more:
Another Putin ally fell from a third story window. Moscow papers say he "may have suffered from heart problems" before he fell. LINK

No word on why the window may have been open in Moscow during December.

Old 12-28-2023, 10:49 AM
exm

3,746 posts, read 1,809,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Faux News is Fox News. They have a new title after they lost to Dominion Voting Machines to the tune of $780,000,000.00. Yeah and I think they have small brains.

What news sources do you watch? Just curious.

Old 12-28-2023, 11:35 AM

8,972 posts, read 11,851,660 times
Japan is sending Patriot missiles to Ukraine via the USA. As usual, Russian terrorists make of kind of threats against Japan. I am happy for Ukraine, but I am even more happy that Russian terrorists have now alienated yet another country.

Old 12-28-2023, 12:46 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,753,254 times
ISW Update 12/27/23

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...cember-27-2023

Quote:
Dec 27, 2023 - ISW Press

Ukrainian drone footage published on December 27 showed another Russian execution of Ukrainian prisoners of war (POWs) near Robotyne in western Zaporizhia Oblast. The geolocated video shows Russian servicemen shooting three Ukrainian soldiers whom Russian forces captured in a tree line west of Verbove (east of Robotyne). The video later depicts one Russian soldier shooting an already dead Ukrainian serviceman again at close range. The Ukrainian Prosecutor General‘s Office announced that it opened an investigation into Russian forces violating the laws and customs of war in addition to premeditated murder. The Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s Office stated this incident occurred on an unspecified date in December 2023. ISW previously reported observing drone footage of Russian servicemen using Ukrainian POWs as human shields near Robotyne on December 13. The killing of POWs violates Article III of the Geneva Convention on the laws of armed conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies