Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 191 39.14%
No 250 51.23%
Unsure 47 9.63%
Voters: 488. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 06:31 AM

51,659 posts, read 25,887,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
What I said was,

In other news, Russia is now building a naval base 900 miles from Ukraine in the Russian occupied part of Georgia. They will base what is left of their Black Sea Fleet there if they can. Ukraine has proved Savastopol is unsafe for Russian ships. It was safe back in 2021.

This is the same Black Sea Fleet that announced a blockade of Odesa, but could not make it stick. Well, it's not really the same fleet - just what is left of it.

In Belgorod, there is a battle raging. It is clear who will be the winner and it will be ..... The Russians! That's because the Free Russians are fighting against the Russian Army. Belgorod is a wreck and more Russians are being sent there to fight the Russians.
Fires and explosions at Russian refineries, manufacturing plants, etc.

Lot has changed over the last couple years.

I'm waiting for that bridge to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2024, 08:03 AM

1,647 posts, read 873,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Fires and explosions at Russian refineries, manufacturing plants, etc.

Lot has changed over the last couple years.

I'm waiting for that bridge to go.
Careful what you wish for. Ukraine is resorting to these asymmetrical tactics because they can't create battlefield success. The Russians have shown themselves to be persistent and will take as much territory as they deem necessary to prevent future attacks.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:20 AM

Quote:
What I said was,

In other news, Russia is now building a naval base 900 miles from Ukraine in the Russian occupied part of Georgia. They will base what is left of their Black Sea Fleet there if they can. Ukraine has proved Savastopol is unsafe for Russian ships. It was safe back in 2021.

This is the same Black Sea Fleet that announced a blockade of Odesa, but could not make it stick. Well, it's not really the same fleet - just what is left of it.

In Belgorod, there is a battle raging. It is clear who will be the winner and it will be ..... The Russians! That's because the Free Russians are fighting against the Russian Army. Belgorod is a wreck and more Russians are being sent there to fight the Russians.
Has the blockade failed? To ship anything out of the port of Odessa Ukraine has to resort to hugging the cost of Bulgaria and Romania (NATO countries), because if they venture into international waters, their ships are attacked. This combined with getting their port infrastructure constantly bombed, they are incapable to exporting a meaningful amount out via the black sea.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukra...k-sea-exports/

The problem with you guys is you try to turn a inch into a mile, defiance into a win. Reality just doesn't seem to matter.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:41 AM

25,612 posts, read 17,351,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
Has the blockade failed? To ship anything out of the port of Odessa Ukraine has to resort to hugging the cost of Bulgaria and Romania (NATO countries), because if they venture into international waters, their ships are attacked. This combined with getting their port infrastructure constantly bombed, they are incapable to exporting a meaningful amount out via the black sea.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukra...k-sea-exports/

The problem with you guys is you try to turn a inch into a mile, defiance into a win. Reality just doesn't seem to matter.
So Russia is establishing a port 900 miles away from Ukraine just for the fun of it? They just really, really liked that part of the Black Sea?

Old 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM

The Russian navy continues to shrink in size:

In a report only distantly related to this Special Military Operation, there was an incident in a real Special Military Operation where Russia sank its own ship.

Reported by multiple medias, it happened on March 19 during a much publicized Baltic Sea exercise. A Russia ship took careful aim at another Russian ship and fired away. Killed 3 or 4 crew members and the ship sank.
Obviously - although not as widely reported - the captain of ship "A" saw his career going down with ship "B".

I spent nine years on active duty. I have never heard of actual live missiles being pointed at any ship. Apparently, the Russians do things a little differently than the US Navy.

Old 03-21-2024, 01:16 PM

5,176 posts, read 3,784,310 times
I'd be more worried about what Russia has underwater rather than what is floating on top.

Old 03-21-2024, 01:44 PM

Quote:
So Russia is establishing a port 900 miles away from Ukraine just for the fun of it? They just really, really liked that part of the Black Sea?
I had a similar reply to another poster. The Russians have shown their persistence. If the same tactics continue, Ukraine may find themselves without a coast as the cost to take Odessa becomes worth it. You guys cheer on these asymmetrical tactics while ignoring the blowback that is inevitable.

Old 03-21-2024, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
I'd be more worried about what Russia has underwater rather than what is floating on top.
Sound like a man that understands Naval operations. Subs are the deadliest ships. Carriers get the most attention, but nothing beats a sub in terms of stealth.

Old 03-21-2024, 01:49 PM

8,159 posts, read 3,703,963 times
Quote:
The Russian navy continues to shrink in size:

In a report only distantly related to this Special Military Operation, there was an incident in a real Special Military Operation where Russia sank its own ship.

Reported by multiple medias, it happened on March 19 during a much publicized Baltic Sea exercise. A Russia ship took careful aim at another Russian ship and fired away. Killed 3 or 4 crew members and the ship sank.
Obviously - although not as widely reported - the captain of ship "A" saw his career going down with ship "B".

I spent nine years on active duty. I have never heard of actual live missiles being pointed at any ship. Apparently, the Russians do things a little differently than the US Navy.
So why does your source have the Black Sea in the title? The author got confused by the letter "B"? Lol.

Old 03-21-2024, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
I had a similar reply to another poster. The Russians have shown their persistence. If the same tactics continue, Ukraine may find themselves without a coast as the cost to take Odessa becomes worth it. You guys cheer on these asymmetrical tactics while ignoring the blowback that is inevitable.
I think you used the wrong word.
The blow back is invisible.

Nah.. Russians are doing all they can. They can't take Odesa. If they could, they would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies